Inb4 Hats?

Author Topic: Inb4 Hats?  (Read 2141 times)

I was browsing blockland folders to find where the decals are kept and I found this...

Could it be true? Is it old news? I just thought this was pretty cool. Maybe its an easteregg Badspot planted?

If this is really that old I'll lock this, just interested!

It's old news, been there for about 2-3 updates. Maybe more.

Hats are planned, but no real news besides they're eventually going to be a thing

Hats are planned, but no real news besides they're eventually going to be a thing

I see. Does anyone know why Badspot wants to implement hats? Is he just bored or could there be a real cool thing behind it?

I see. Does anyone know why Badspot wants to implement hats? Is he just bored or could there be a real cool thing behind it?
Supposedly it will be a system that easily lets people create and share hats via Steam Workshop

Perhaps at an even later date there will be support for items you wear on your back/torso

But i wouldn't get your hopes up until there's an official announcement
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:30:57 PM by Masterlegodude »

Old news
We just have to keep making topics until a mod posts in one!

if the addition of hats means the long overdue workshop support I'm all for it

I think its taking a while because Badspot needs to compile a new Blockhead model that has new positions for mounting items, and he doesn't want to break existing stuff so he needs to thoroughly test it to avoid clusterforgets like the new ghosting that broke often.

I think its taking a while because Badspot needs to compile a new Blockhead model that has new positions for mounting items, and he doesn't want to break existing stuff so he needs to thoroughly test it to avoid clusterforgets like the new ghosting that broke often.
naaaaw hes taking his new yacht out for a ride, the SS alt!

payed for with alt money

I think its taking a while because Badspot needs to compile a new Blockhead model that has new positions for mounting items,
Why would he need to do that?

Didn't someone mention before that he lost the original files for the blockhead?

You can actually get the player model and most of the DSQ animations via the old version of Shaper, but a lot of the other animations break the positioning of the various mesh contained within the player model and you would need Milkshape 3D to 'Scale All' by 1000% to make it normal sized and possibly fix some weird smoothing and broken UV mesh

He lost the original files, like Legodude said, though I wonder if he's trying to make a new design, like bringing back the original limbs or adding other things like the skeleton parts, or alternate body parts and head shapes, maybe even hair.