Author Topic: New Host, New Forums  (Read 13899 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
So this is the new forum on my new dedicated server.  There shouldn't be any more problems with the database dissappearing or with the page just telling you "the document contains no data"

I've restored a backup that I created on July 14th anything created after that is probably gone forever.  Sorry.  Brinkster sucks. 

New account registration and notifications probably wont work until I figure out this mail server junk. 

MCP

Hooray, agreed Brinkster is a piss poor host.

Though it can be kinda interesting to read alot of the old stuff, there probably wasn't much point in restoring a 3-month old backup.  I would recommend erasing all posts and having a fresh start.  Though, that is just my opinion and I am only one person.  Also, did restoring to this backup unban the TBM people who were banned before?  All the people I know used to be banned now show up with rankings.

You might want to repost the new modding rules since they don't seem to have been part of the backup.

It's going to take me a bit to get used to the new layout of things, but good job with getting everything to work again.

EDIT:  Yes.  People did get unbanned.  MCP already proved that.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 12:53:47 PM by BlueGreen »

I see you still have the same emoticons XD

Badspot

• Administrator
Brinkster tech support says they might be able to restore the database if I send them the table structure.  I sent it to them, but I have my doubts.  We'll see. 

Well, now that they aren't hosting your site anymore, they will probably be less inclined to help.

I have to agree with bluegreen, why exactly did you restore a 3-month old backup? Since its a new look you might aswell start with a clean slate.

Aiight, good to see you all again.

I'm glad that the new forums are up.  SMF forums look a lot like proboards, so I'm sure that I'll get used to the layout pretty quick.  It would probably be better to either restore the latest archive if Brinkster gives them to you, or just start over since most of the stuff here now is irrelevant.

Hi, guys! Remember me?

P.S. How's Blockland doing? It's been a long while...

<3 not being banned anymore. :'(

I used brinkster once. It was terrible. Glad to see that everyone was unbanned.

Rather than setting the ban back up on those who were banned. Let them be free. And if they do so act up, then ban them, simple. :|

I don't know if it is a glitch or not, but I seem to remember telling it to log me in for only 1 hour.  The last time I logged in was just before my last post, and I didn't have to log in before posting this message.  I just thought I would let you know.  Has anyone else experienced this?