Author Topic: corrupted save  (Read 914 times)

so it starts out like this; yesterday i was building a house i would finally be proud of, i save it late at night to continue it today, and i load the file and this happens:

i get pissed, i go and look for the file history because i'm used to windows 7, and obviously it's not on windows 8.

so i look at the save file, i see nothing wrong and then i send it to refticus and he tells me that;
  • there's no file history
  • half of the file is missing

up to this point i really get pissed and don't know what to do with the save file,
so here it is: House.bls
and the only picture remaining from the house

please help

edit 64 in
Code: [Select]
Linecount 64 to a bigger number???? im not smart

all that file has is the colorset used in the build
it doesn't have any of the brick data

edit 64 in
Code: [Select]
Linecount 64 to a bigger number???? im not smart
that won't do jack stuff besides maybe break it more
since there are no bricks in the file..

so windows 8 doesn't have the previous versions of a file? that'd be what I would try next
i'm also pretty used to windows 7, and couldn't find/get it to work on windows 8 (probably going to go to 10 soon anyway)

If you don't have an older version of this file, it's lost forever :/

If you don't have an older version of this file, it's lost forever :/
if it was something he built on my server, could it have been this thing you gave me?

You could use this autosaver for saving ownership for all bricks:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143512782/Games/Blockland/Add-Ons/Server_RTBAutoSaver.zip

Note that it's server sided and ownership will still be messed up for other clients saving.

Don't think so, that just auto saves on the server side

Though if he built it on your server and you had that running you can restore the build from an autosave

Don't think so, that just auto saves on the server side

Though if he built it on your server and you had that running you can restore the build from an autosave
i didnt start the auto save lol i wasnt building anything

Unfortunately, looks like all of the brick data is gone, and the only thing that's there is the colorset...