Peggy Footsteps - A Dynamic Footstep Add-On - Now on Blockland Glass

Author Topic: Peggy Footsteps - A Dynamic Footstep Add-On - Now on Blockland Glass  (Read 15024 times)

Peggy Footsteps
A dynamic footstep add-on that changes the sound of the step based on what you step on.

Do you enjoy hearing your blockhead take each step as he walks around? I do too, so I downloaded Hata's Footstep Add-On.
It was very nice sounding, but I thought "Hey, what if it were better?" I then took the liberty of creating an enhanced version of said Add-On that will play a different sounding footstep depending on what the color of the brick your stepping on is!
I think it's fantastic, and I don't see why I should keep it to myself, so here you go world!

Features

• Different sounds based on the speed you go.
  • Customizable 'running' speed.
  • Customizable FX for each color.
  • RTB prefs to change basic settings
Server Commands:
/pegghelp -
To get this list of commands
/setMinRunSpeed <decimal>
/toggle Footsteps
/toggle Swimming
/toggle MetalSpecialFX
/clearCustomSound -
 to delete only the sound you have selected on your color wheel
/clearCustomSounds -
 to delete all sounds
/getCustomSounds
/getPeggstepPrefs
/setColorToSound<sound>
Dynamic sound changing based on brick color:
Dark brown- Wood Floor
Light brown/Yellow brown- Dirt
Grey- Stone
Green- Grass
Very light shades of grey- Snow
Chrome or Pearl SpecialFX - Metal
Unassigned- Sand (This can be applied using '/setColorToSound sand')
Special water effects:
When there are bricks beneath you but in water- Splash
When you swim actively- Slosh

Blockland Glass Download

New Updates: Some bug fixes and better code.

Use your color wheel and the command, /setColorToSound <sound>, to make a color play a specific sound always. Replace the sound parameter with any sounds from the list in this post and that sound will play instead of whatever sound the calculator decides. To remove your custom sounds use the command /clearCustomSounds, and to check what colors have a custom sound, use the command /get CustomSounds.

All Sounds:

• water
  • stone
  • grass
  • snow
  • wood
  • metal
  • dirt
  • sand

Notice:
There is a conflict between this add-on and the 3D health bar add-on (Server_3DHealthBar). The sound effects won't play from this add-on when the 3D health bar is enabled. I looked over the code, and I couldn't get a 100% answer as to why this happens (I'm guessing it's an overlap with the user of the function Armor::onNewDatablock(%this, %obj)). Because it's an error where the other add-on's code is effecting mine, I won't be making an edit to this already managed add-on. Complain to the author of the 3D health bar.

Notice 2:
As of a recent update, the name of the add-on has changed, so anyone with the add-on still titled "Support_PeggFootsteps" should delete that and enable the new iteration of the mod. It should now be called "Script_PeggFootsteps".
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:29:51 PM by Peggworth the Pirate »

I need to get this, sounds very promising

I like it, but please add an option to disable the water sounds—they're very obnoxious.

How is it determining the color? Will it work with any colorset?

function makePositive(%num)
{
   if(%num < 0)
     return %num * -1;
   else
     return %num;
}

uhh...

did you forget about mAbs?

Yes. It basically gets the RGBA of the brick's color, and sees if it matches with a related result.

I like it, but please add an option to disable the water sounds—they're very obnoxious.
couldnt you just delete the .wavs in the file? idk

Can you add generic footsteps? Great mod by the way.

Edit: For white bricks, how about snow?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:59:26 PM by Spartan224 »

by the R G B values of it so yes it will work with any colorset

A video would be really nice so I know what I'm getting! Though it already seems like it would be something I'd download!

Man, I like this mod, but whenever I enable the rest of my custom add-ons, don't get to hear anything. Hata's footsteps did play sounds along with the rest of my add-ons enabled.

EDIT: I've figured out what mod somehow prevents this from playing the SFX, it's Server_3DHealthBar, either way, is there a way to make the 3D Health Bar mod compatible?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:37:07 PM by Spartan224 »

function makePositive(%num)
{
   if(%num < 0)
     return %num * -1;
   else
     return %num;
}

uhh...

did you forget about mAbs?

Yo, that's what's up.

Can you add generic footsteps? Great mod by the way.

Edit: For white bricks, how about snow?

Snow footstep sound FX are now added.
Don't get any ideas though, I'm not made of good sound FX.

If you want generic footsteps just use a different Add-On, I thought the stone sound is decent enough for use as the default sound.