Poll

Just thinking ahead in the future, Would releasing Breach & Enter to the public as a legitamit game-mode and letting other users host the game-mode be a good idea?

Yes
No
Yes, because (Post in comments why)
No, because (Post in comments why

Author Topic: CTrooper's Breach & Enter  (Read 7229 times)

BREACH & ENTER

Hosting will continue

Brief Description: B&E is a SWAT vs Terrorist themed game mode where two teams Attackers and Defenders are pitched against each other over a structure.

How To Play
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attacker Objectives:

• Breach Structure
  • Locate hostiles
  • Eliminate hostiles

Defender Objectives:

• Defend the Structure from swat
  • Kill as many SWAT men as you can

Server Features
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 8 maps (so far)
  • Functioning map rotation system
  • Weapon system that uses EXP to unlock weapons rather then points to buy them
  • Variety of sounds ranging from glass breaking, to breaching doors
  • Fast paced gameplay
  • Blood and Gore
  • variety of weapons

Gunplay
  • 14 weapons (So far)
  • ADS ability
  • Reloading
  • Fire selectors (except for SMGs)
  • Muzzle flash emmitters
  • Shell ejections
  • Smoke emitters
  • Fire animations
  • No hands
  • Custom audio profiles for firing sounds
  • Head shot multipliers
  • Bullet impact emitters

Weapons        In order of unlocking

Universal
  • MP7
  • Remington R5
  • F2000
  • M16A4
  • G36K
  • M4A1
  • ACR
  • FAMAS F1
  • FAL
  • KRISS CRB
  • HK417 LSW
  • SCAR-H
  • KSG-12

Starting weapons

• MP5SD
  • UMP-45

Pictures of maps OLD
http://s77.photobucket.com/user/Jayden_Dover/library/?view=recent&page=1

NEW Gameplay Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C47sG42XlKY

Make a map for me!
Lets face it, my maps are stuffty, and i need to spend more time improving and adding to gun play, sounds, and other things. Ive decided to start taking custom maps from you guys. If you submit a map to me you will gain access to 2 unique weapons, and i will credit you in server info. Too submit a map, simply build one, contact me on steam with your BLID, and we will discus a method for you to transfer the save to me (Email, saving it etc). There are currently 3 people working on maps for me. Thanks for reading if you did.

RULES FOR MAKING MAPS

You must make a linear map that has one point of interest. They need to favor CQC but have medium range capabilities if you can (Since there are DMRs). With-in this POI, you must include multiple points of entry for attackers to breach so there is no stale mating. There also needs to be plenty of cover and sneaky places for defenders to use inside this POI.

Contact Info

Steam: Fiercedrummer117
Email: Fiercedrummer117@yahoo
====================================================================================================================

CREDITS

Zloff
for the weapon models that i am using, they are his. Scripts are mine
-Falco- un-loving my particle effects.

Server Sound Download

This is a link to all the sounds that are in the gamemode, Download the packs and extract to your addons, that way you technically have them. However i have disabled most of the content in server.cs, and password protected the zips since i want all of this to be unique to my server. You will hopefully still get the sounds.

Link:  https://www.mediafire.com/?pqlv96zi105jxed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hosting Schedule for Breach & Enter

Monday-Friday: Most likely not a lot, may host for a couple hours to test things.

Saturdays: Will host all day, whether or not i will be participating varies.

Sundays: Varies on my plans, if i do host though, it will be a majority of the day, but i may or may not participate.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:01:33 PM by Ctrooper »

--Reserved--

I will post updates and other things here.

Update 12/18/2015
Added 3 new maps (8 in total now)
Updated muzzle flares again
Using SMM Bodies now (i may change back to physics death later)
Fixed the god forsaken lag (all i had to do was re-configure my blockland network settings)
Re added Distant shot sounds (But i may take them down again lol)
Reduced audio range for Bullet-to-Flesh impact sounds
Nerfed claymore detection box (was 3 TU, is now 0.01 TU, lol)

Update 12/5/2015
New guns and models (Using Released and un-released BKT models)
Update Muzzle Flare Emitter
New death yells
New high quaility (48000 hz) sounds
Added C4
Added Claymores
Nerfed armor again
Added new map "Adobe"
Redid spawns...AGAIN
Reduced points from kills to 10 (was 200)
Reduced item prices to coincide with the points-per-kill decrease
New particles for all explosions

Update 11/7/15

Body Shot sounds have been added
New blood effects
New gameplay video added
Added a 3rd entry point to the villa map

Update 11/4/15
New body shot and headshot sounds
Time to Kill (TTK) has been increased dramatically
New headshot system implemented (more skulls explode now)
Particle effects have been redone by -Falco-
Polished up the corpse collapse sounds
Added a New Map
Added in game music to increase intensity of matches (Each map has it's own music)
Decreased death scream distance

Update 10/30/15
Breaching Charge has been taken out until i can balance it properly
Removed current tracers and added new ones
Updated Bullet impact emitters
New gun sounds
Removed all my maps and started fresh
3 new maps (Villa, Office tower, Charter Boat)
edited blood effects a bit
Updated Sound download

Update 10/18/15
Changed Gas and Flash grenade sounds
Remade spawn rooms, they are now pretty cool looking
Changed death yells again (probably going to keep these)

Added Audio Cues for the following:
Throwing Flash grenades
Throwing Gas grenades
Throwing Frag grenades
Placing wall charges
Pulling out a medkit

Attackers and Defenders have different Voices so you know who is doing what, this is to add on to the sound immersion and make it so players are a bit more predictable.  

Update 10/4/15
Returned to old gun sounds due to popular request
Added Med-packs for attackers
Changed spawn room layout a bit
Added sound download that should get rid of long in-server load times, download archive and extract zips to
addons
Synced C4 Sounds
Changed particle emitters for explosions and bullet impacts

Update 9/25/15

Added poll for med-packs
fixed C4 glitch for certain maps
Reduced Wall Charge brick damage radius
Removed Frag Grenade brick damage

Update 9/14/15

Changed all gun sounds
Changed all Distant Shot sounds
Changed Death yell sounds
Re-balanced 2 maps

Update 9/12/15
Added 2 new maps by MonkeyFunky
Removed Wall Charge in some maps

Check the Make a map for me section, added rules for making maps.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:29:52 PM by Ctrooper »

just make counterstrike hostage situation maps

i was an admin here then im not what

thanks for the well proportioned and helpful response
Im sorry, i really want to use original maps, you know, ones that either me or other people make up, i feel if i actually use the CS maps, it will become "CS" because thats the vibe people will get with the maps. Im also making it so people can submitt there own maps to me.

This looks awesome, maybe I can make a map for you.

The gamemode idea itself is quite interesting and I can tell you are trying hard to make it good. However there are several problems I noticed while playing.

• You have an absolutely ridiculous amount of sound addons enabled. It took me over half an hour to download most of the files from your server, until I reached a huge set of addons that took me 10+ minutes to download each. I had to disable downloading music and sounds just in order to spawn after over a half hour of downloads. Try disabling the majority of your soundpacks, you obviously have a massive amount that aren't even being used.
  • There is no save/load feature for your gear. This means that every time you die you spend 5-30 seconds clicking all around the spawn room just to pick up the same type gear you had before you died. Not very efficient. Please add a save/load button for weapons.
  • There is very little team balance from what I observed. When I played there were 5 people on Defenders and 2 on SWAT. The SWAT guys were getting spawncamped repeatedly.
  • The weapon pack you are using isn't very good. Its nearly impossible to tell if you're shooting at your target due to the fact that there are no visible projectiles and the only indicator you hit something is a very faint, barely visible dust mark where the raytrace bullet impacts.
  • The pay-for-weapons-and-equipment-with-points system you have isn't balanced well and so creates an excessively large unbalance between players who just joined the game for the first time and players who have been at it for a while. Sure, players who fight for a while ought to be rewarded with better stuff, but their gear is SO good that they are nearly invincible when fighting newbie players with no armor and who only have the crappy free gun.
  • The hostage will sometimes incessantly follow you if you are a defender. This is very counterproductive as I couldn't leave my team's spawn to fight because the hostage would've followed me out into the open.
  • The fact that there is a giant SWAT van for the SWAT team to use when the road is already barricaded makes no sense. The Defender team is also able to hijack the van too.
  • Your hosting latency/ping is through the roof. The gamemode is nearly unplayable due to this, and the fact that the weapons being used are raycasting makes the situation even worse. Do you have bad internet service where you live?

If you could solve these problems it'd probably help make your gamemode much more enjoyable. I don't say this just to complain by the way, I want to give constructive criticism and help make it better.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:35:59 AM by Planr »

The gamemode idea itself is quite interesting and I can tell you are trying hard to make it good. However there are several problems I noticed while playing.

• You have an absolutely ridiculous amount of sound addons enabled. It took me over half an hour to download most of the files from your server, until I reached a huge set of addons that took me 10+ minutes to download each. I had to disable downloading music and sounds just in order to spawn after over a half hour of downloads. Try disabling the majority of your soundpacks, you obviously have a massive amount that aren't even being used.
    I agree with this
    • There is no save/load feature for your gear. This means that every time you die you spend 5-30 seconds clicking all around the spawn room just to pick up the same type gear you had before you died. Not very efficient. Please add a save/load button for weapons.
    I agree with this
    • There is very little team balance from what I observed. When I played there were 5 people on Defenders and 2 on SWAT. The SWAT guys were getting spawncamped repeatedly.
    I agree with this
    • The weapon pack you are using isn't very good. Its nearly impossible to tell if you're shooting at your target due to the fact that there are no visible projectiles and the only indicator you hit something is a very faint, barely visible dust mark where the raytrace bullet impacts.
    I like the weapon pack due to how useful and quick it is. CTrooper: Where did you get it?
    • The pay-for-weapons-and-equipment-with-points system you have isn't balanced well and so creates an excessively large unbalance between players who just joined the game for the first time and players who have been at it for a while. Sure, players who fight for a while ought to be rewarded with better stuff, but their gear is SO good that they are nearly invincible when fighting newbie players with no armor and who only have the crappy free gun.
    I agree with this
    • The hostage will sometimes incessantly follow you if you are a defender. This is very counterproductive as I couldn't leave my team's spawn to fight because the hostage would've followed me out into the open.
    I agree with this
    • The fact that there is a giant SWAT van for the SWAT team to use when the road is already barricaded makes no sense. The Defender team is also able to hijack the van too.
    I agree with this, but the free gun is useful against everything but certain 1-hit-kill weps (some kinda sniper thing?)
    • Your hosting latency/ping is through the roof. The gamemode is nearly unplayable due to this, and the fact that the weapons being used are raycasting makes the situation even worse. Do you have bad internet service where you live?
    I haven't experienced this
    [/list]

If you could solve these problems it'd probably help make your gamemode much more enjoyable. I don't say this just to complain by the way, I want to give constructive criticism and help make it better.

Also, why is it down?
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:25:00 PM by TheLeaderOfTheRebellion »

Planr's Suggestions

Thanks for the feed back. I agree with most of what you say. The hostage thing you mentioned bugs me too, i just need an input event for the bot that detects a RMB activation on the bot, then i can trigger what i need to make it stop moving If there is another way to stop the bot, please tell me lol.

As for the sound add-ons, you'd be surprised to know that every sound file you downloaded, is being used. Death yells, gun shots close, gun shots far, reloads, and explosions are all being used. Now if i knew how to compress these files, this wouldn't be a problem, so if anyone knows how, plz let me know.

As for the latency issue that your experiencing, i know youve probobly heard this a billion times, but i strongly believe its you. Due to the fact that most people who join do not have problems, i live in the city and i use my County's Fiber for internet, though it has been being weird lately.

The reason i didnt put in a save load feature before is because, defenders would then load Attacker guns or vise versa. But ill try and figure out a way around that and add it back in.

In order to solve the weapon pack issue, turn up particles to high or max. I could add tracers, but ill make that a poll.

When deadeye487 gets me new gun models, i will add different starter guns. But i will buff starter guns since that seems to be a problem.

Again thanks for the feed back, ill hopefully get this done soon.

As for the sound add-ons, you'd be surprised to know that every sound file you downloaded, is being used. Death yells, gun shots close, gun shots far, reloads, and explosions are all being used. Now if i knew how to compress these files, this wouldn't be a problem, so if anyone knows how, plz let me know.
    compressing the audio is as easy as removing it from the zip, opening it it in audacity, changing the Hz, and saving it.
    that is unless the audio is already compressed.

either way though you shouldn't force players to DL that many sounds. its just absurd if the weapon packs aren't publicly available since there's no way to speed up the download. most players will just opt to disable downloading sounds/music resulting in the sound files never being used by anyone other than you and a few others.