What Remains - Open World Zombie Survival PvP (Public v1.5)

Poll

Should you be kicked from the server when you die?

Yes
No
I'm 50/50

Author Topic: What Remains - Open World Zombie Survival PvP (Public v1.5)  (Read 10639 times)

ive gone through like 4 lives having been hugged by zombies twice and getting killed

im sure you coded them right but maybe the bots hit three times in a single hit for some reason

ive gone through like 4 lives having been hugged by zombies twice and getting killed

im sure you coded them right but maybe the bots hit three times in a single hit for some reason
generally a zombie that is chasing you will hit you once before it reaches you fully
so if a zombie hugged you, it probably hit you twice or even three times

generally a zombie that is chasing you will hit you once before it reaches you fully
so if a zombie hugged you, it probably hit you twice or even three times

yea maybe you should reduce their damage but they make you bleed?

yea maybe you should reduce their damage but they make you bleed?
i think we should reduce their damage by a little bit

I think their damage is like 30 damage per hit
we could lower it to like 20

• an item called 'medicine' that cures sickness, but takes time to take effect, during which time the sickness can still kill you
• another similar item called 'antibiotics' that instantly cures sickness but reduces your max health temporarily
• a third variety called 'disinfectant' which heals you and can cure sickness at very early stages (up to 3) but otherwise has no effect; if it fails, you get a chat message that says "you need stronger drugs to fight the infection"
• some sort of denotation (assuming zombies don't always infect) when you've been infected as opposed to just having to wait and see (a green screen vignette?)
• ditch physics vehicles as a whole
• add some sort of environmental static or wind noises for the sake of immersion
• fix melee weapon impact sfx (which simply are not playing)
• get rid of the weird screen spasm thing that comes with anxiety if only because the effect does nothing to make me think 'wow i'm anxious and should do something about it' and is only enough of an annoyance mechanically to make me grit my teeth and deal with it
• actually have some level of documentation so i can figure out what the forget these little icons on the side of the screen even mean as opposed to having to ballpark it with the project zomboid wiki
• find someone to change bot ai so that they always chase you if you enter their field of view and only stop chasing you if something appears between them and you that they can't get around
• have more varieties of zombies / enemies in general (spitting zombies? zombies that can take two melee hits? small, faster zombies?) that make using guns on zombies more of a necessity
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 02:19:44 PM by Bushido »

• an item called 'medicine' that cures sickness, but takes time to take effect, during which time the sickness can still kill you
• another similar item called 'antibiotics' that instantly cures sickness but reduces your max health temporarily
• a third variety called 'disinfectant' which heals you and can cure sickness at very early stages (up to 3) but otherwise has no effect; if it fails, you get a chat message that says "you need stronger drugs to fight the infection"
• some sort of denotation (assuming zombies don't always infect) when you've been infected as opposed to just having to wait and see (a green screen vignette?)
• ditch physics vehicles as a whole
• add some sort of environmental static or wind noises for the sake of immersion
• get rid of the weird screen spasm thing that comes with anxiety if only because the effect does nothing to make me think 'wow i'm anxious and should do something about it' and is only enough of an annoyance mechanically to make me grit my teeth and deal with it
• actually have some level of documentation so i can figure out what the forget these little icons on the side of the screen even mean as opposed to having to ballpark it with the project zomboid wiki
• find someone to change bot ai so that they always chase you if you enter their field of view and only stop chasing you if something appears between them and you that they can't get around
• have more varieties of zombies / enemies in general (spitting zombies? zombies that can take two melee hits? small, faster zombies?) that make using guns on zombies more of a necessity
these are some pretty good suggestions, i'll take them into consideration thanks

Hmm, it seems the server crashed.
I recently updated it and fixed zombie damages to 20, instead of 30
I added a walkie talkie with different channels that can be used to talk to other people with walkie talkies

Is there supposed to be any other way to get into these rooms other than that weird corner jump glitch? And i have found things like ammo in these rooms.

Is there supposed to be any other way to get into these rooms other than that weird corner jump glitch? And i have found things like ammo in these rooms.
no thats the only way up
i mean if you cant fix it, might as well embrace it

Sounds?

-snips-
Yeah, there are spawns in those rooms. Those are supposed to be like secret rooms for sniping and etc. The only way to get to them is to corner jump into them.

Also, weird. It seems the server crashed again.
I'll put it up again.

EDIT: It crashed again? Wow.
Okay, so I'm pretty sure it's the new Item_Radio that I added onto the server that is possibly crashing it.
Gonna take that out and see if it fixes it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:54:44 AM by Nobot »

Sounds?
Yes
...Sounds

Assuming your server has custom sounds in it's weapons and the likes. I don't have around 2TB of audio files for nothing. Generally people don't put fourth very nice-sounding things on Blockland and while I haven't joined the server to get a feel of if the sounds fit or not, which they might, I could help find other sounds that DO fit, or sound better than the ones you already have.
Obligatory example of audio. (not in Blockland, tho. replaced all audio in that video.)

Yes
...Sounds

Assuming your server has custom sounds in it's weapons and the likes. I don't have around 2TB of audio files for nothing. Generally people don't put fourth very nice-sounding things on Blockland and while I haven't joined the server to get a feel of if the sounds fit or not, which they might, I could help find other sounds that DO fit, or sound better than the ones you already have.
Obligatory example of audio. (not in Blockland, tho. replaced all audio in that video.)
That's... Pretty damn impressive. :o

I mean, I guess I could use some sounds? Maybe custom foot sounds to replace with the ones from Port's Footsteps Mod?
Maybe even better zombie/player sounds as well. I think the gun sounds are good as of right now though.
Apparently we need some melee SFX sounds too.

EDIT: Again the server crashed? Okay this is starting to piss me off.
Does anybody know what might be causing this? I don't think it's an add-on.
This is the error code: "% wine: Unhandled stack overflow at address 0x7c37176e (thread 0025), starting debugger..."
I am using BlockNet, so it could be something wrong related to the server.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:31:48 PM by Nobot »