Author Topic: Timescale tweaks SOON to be released  (Read 1753 times)

Project TCcore has been revived! I've been working on the code non stop. There has been a TON of features been removed, and thrown in the rubbish bin. It has been renamed to Timescale Tweaks. Here are some sneak peaks on what to expect(but not too much MUHAHAHA >:D). I will divide it in between what the new format will be, vs. the old format

Removed List
  • Tons of revisions to the code, and any of the old format used in the code will not work, nor will be supported
  • SFXDatabase support removed
  • Complete rewrite of the code. All of the old functions, variables is rendered useless.

I bet your asking yourself.
Quote from: ARandomPerson
WHAAA?? Why are you rewriting it? I was so close to a working product.
If that's the case, then I give my hugest apologies to that random person (who is most likely on twitter, picking their nose), but its for a good reason. In the beta development, it was always given my fullest attention to release the patch out of beta, but then the update that was just pulling it out didn't really support the blockland update( probably for a good reason), and it was all crash here, crash there, and a few frustrations here, it was a big mess.

So, after the brick of final frustration, I said to myself:
Quote from: Quinn Mallory
Why am I loosing against blockland coding? I might as well give it a complete rewrite rather than being mad and punch my laptop. Its messy, and butchered anyways.

So, I gathered whats left of my wits, and began to code a new slate. So, all Alpha, and beta testers(which there was a select few), remove System_TCcore Zip folder, and mark your calendar for the "cleaner version" of this project. Now, I bet your waiting for what to expect. Some ideas has been abandoned, and some has not.

Sneak Previews
  • Trigger Update will be in the final revision of the world wide release
  • Its own unique controlled environment

I bet there a lot of questions of the last one. Hmm? Yes, you in the back:
Quote from: ADude
Uh, What do you mean by the last one? Is it the terrain environment?

Aw, I love the crowd that's here. You know in science, there's a controlled experiment, and an uncontrolled experiment. Well, think of it as this way. Its more dealing the folder structure that TCcore was designed based on. Its been broken down into its own Add-On Coding Controlled environment. Like, if you want the client-sided stuff, then the folder will be in Client_ rather than in the System_. This will be removed till its out of beta, and will only be in the developers version.

This will be suggestions, requests, and the comments thread.

EDIT: Oh forgot something. Like I said earlier, "Some ideas were thrown out, and some were kept." Food for thought.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 02:59:34 AM by Quinn Mallory »

10/10

Guy is bragging so much he forgot to explain himself. Amazing.

Archived because funny.

• Trigger Update will be in the final revision of the world wide release
oh thank god i hate it when people only release addons in their own country

This is above the comprehension of my simple monkey brain

so what does it do?

Sorry that I haven't taken noticed of the comments. Even though that they were distasteful, not naming names.

Its just an enhancement to the timescale command. Its a bit buggy, but its got a few bugs to work out. Its close to release.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:04:12 PM by Quinn Mallory »

well what kind of enhancement?

Its just an enhancement to the timescale command. Its a bit buggy, but its got a few bugs to work out.
just from this description i bet all of us still don't know what in the world this is or what it does

well what kind of enhancement?

Oh, you will have to wait and see till its posted on the Add-Ons section. This was meant for an update cuz I did say on Badspots server back in v19 it was still in development without the compatibility.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:07:16 PM by Quinn Mallory »

well that's rather dumb isn't it
post the most ambiguous thread in the whole entire world and then say "oh you'll have to wait to see what it is once i release it"