Author Topic: Ambient Sounds (haha update)  (Read 7253 times)

I was thinking of adding something else that I had introduced in another, private, early version of the mod.

Basically what it did was randomize a sound, and randomize when the sound played. I had used it for music, so that every minute or two, there was a very soft violin that played, or a gentle drum that faded in and out. The music was taken from The Last of Us and was used in an apocalyptic theme, but there could be other uses, as ambience also uses the same thing in games. I might add that if I update the mod.
Please do, that would be awesome.

I also thought of something, the ambient would change from city for example, to night using the day/night cycle.

I also thought of something, the ambient would change from city for example, to night using the day/night cycle.
If I can find a way to do that, I'll look into something like that.

Minor update recently. It now plays the sound on the position of the person who executed the command.
This is because, say a server has a low draw distance for fog, and the build is far away from the center of the map. Players who dont spawn by the "sound" wont ever hear it. However, if you type the command near the spawnpoints, they only have to "see" the sound once, and they'll hear it until it's changed.

Would we be able to add our own ambient sounds in?

Would we be able to add our own ambient sounds in?
Yeah. That works flawlessly, all you'd have to do is make a new datablock and a new line in the %sounds[i++] code, which are seen in the images.
It's basically the same thing except you're adding one instead of taking one away.