Poll

Is there interest for a dedicated Discord server for the Blockland forums? (Good enough for me)

Yes
3 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: (Unofficial) Blockland Forums Discord Server  (Read 8799 times)

* dargereldren presses F to pay respects.

This server has been replaced by PurpleMetro's server. Go there instead.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:44:09 PM by Flame »

we had a problem with people dumping nsfw stuff in our other channels. most of us take our laptops to uni, so we have everything promiscuous there so we can mute it while in public places. the server for the BLF probably won't have that because a lot of the people here are under 18

(the above snapshot was from my other server btw)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:20:18 AM by Flame »

we had a problem with people dumping nsfw stuff in our other channels. most of us take our laptops to uni, so we have everything promiscuous there so we can mute it while in public places. the server for the BLF probably won't have that because a lot of the people here are under 18
we all know it's inevitable that a public thing that both caters to blocklanders and supports image uploading will have nsfw content (probably of the furry kind) spammed on it

if you can find some way to mitigate those sorts of posts, I'd be completely on board with joining this

Downloaded it
I will now wait for the BL chat

if you can find some way to mitigate those sorts of posts, I'd be completely on board with joining this
there's a built-in permissions system. for example, below is my "Announcements" role on my personal server:

it's a stuffty role, really (i have yet to design a role for admins on my friends' server) but basically all this one does is those who have it can post in the "Announcements" channel, but i have it set so everyone can read it.

you can assign different users different roles, and i'll probably appoint some moderators or something. people can be muted and stuff too. i think the biggest problem would be picking administrators

Downloaded it
I will now wait for the BL chat
i can set it up either now or tomorrow morning, but according to the polls it has at least a little bit of interest, so i might go ahead and begin setting one up

so what is this
like a chatroom or something
or is it like voice chat

so what is this
like a chatroom or something
or is it like voice chat
both. there can be separate channels and stuff (each with their own permissions set that can be separate from global), but there are also voice channels that people can drop in to, but that's completely optional

yea thats cool make one for BLF

we can have a server icon by the way, i'm so used to calling the blockland forums the BLF for short but it abbreviates Blockland Forums to just BF and i will not settle for Block Land Forums

go ahead and drop some candidates in
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 12:02:48 AM by Flame »

Black Land Forums
Belittled Llama Factory

Black Land Forums
Belittled Llama Factory
hahaha, we can also use images so long as they're over 125x125 px

alright, i updated the OP with a link to the server. clicking it will take you to the web app, but if you've downloaded discord and signed in on both it should drop you in

we're off to an amazing start, everyone