Author Topic: Boosted Push Brooms!  (Read 4167 times)

Would Word be an acceptable editor for programming? Reason I ask is I'm finally getting off my ass out of suggestions and requests and doing my own stuff now because I feel like I'm wasting people's times with my requests if they choose to do it.

do u use notepad to edit cs files
No, I just forget to set Notepad ++ to my default program
 I usually do "Open With"

Would Word be an acceptable editor for programming? Reason I ask is I'm finally getting off my ass out of suggestions and requests and doing my own stuff now because I feel like I'm wasting people's times with my requests if they choose to do it.

Word isn't really good, because it isn't really made for a programming language, since its made particularly for web documents, and it usually "steroids" documents with ruler control, font faces, font sizes, etc.

TextEdit is much simpler since it doesn't use extra fluff like word does, not to mention it leaves plenty of room for customization.

Word isn't really good, because it isn't really made for a programming language, since its made particularly for web documents, and it usually "steroids" documents with ruler control, font faces, font sizes, etc.

TextEdit is much simpler since it doesn't use extra fluff like word does, not to mention it leaves plenty of room for customization.
*cough*notepad*cough*

*cough*notepad*cough*
We get it, you like NotePad. Is there a version for Mac?

We get it, you like NotePad. Is there a version for Mac?
Pretty sure it cost money if you want to get it for Mac.

I'm on a Mac and I find that TextEdit suits my needs. If not, I'd suggest Sublime Text with the Improved TorqueScript Bundle (by dontcare4free)

sublime text is godlike
i use it for everything nowadays, except for properly formatted essays

thanks for the torquescript bundle; i was always annoyed by the text coloration but didn't realize an actual TS format was out there.
the ts bundle dl link is broken; pls fix

the ts bundle dl link is broken; pls fix
You could always get the not as good TorqueScript bundle here:
http://mysterycoconut.com/tsmate/

or you could not have a MAC, thats a good start