What a City RPG should look like, IMO

Author Topic: What a City RPG should look like, IMO  (Read 10879 times)

Here you can see there are residential areas, shopping/industrial areas, a mixed area that could be adjusted based on what people need, and a commericial/downtown area. There's also six 64x64 lots on the mountain for the rich. These lots have extra space, fantastic views, and some will have tennis courts (not on the 64x64 part, of course).

Beauty Shots

The Really Rich Neighborhood

I plan to shape the terrain a bit more so I can add more tennis courts.

Overall

I still need to add details like signs, more trees, etc. But so far, how does it look? Is this the kind of build you guys would like to see in a City RPG server?

Where's the city?
The people who would play the server would build the actual buildings...

looks more like a neighborhood rpg lol, no real room for large city buildings there

mountains should be higher. also, weird roads ending sometimes.
nice map anyway

mountains should be higher. also, weird roads ending sometimes.
nice map anyway
Yeah, I should work on the roads a bit. Can't really do much about the mountains.
looks more like a neighborhood rpg lol, no real room for large city buildings there
I built the size based on what I've seen succesfull and good City RPGs end up having by the time they're completed. Usually only several large towers, which would go here, how I pictured it.

This is the "city" or downtown area. The rest isn't supposed to be all towering skyscrapers and high density city area; there needs to be a residential section(s) for people to build there homes. Given the amount and different kind of jobs you can have on one of these servers, everyone wants to have a residence, but not everyone needs a shop. Therefore, I think I have a decent balance of residential styled area compared to commercial/industrial.

Love it!

This spot would be cooler if you put a bridge in, instead of a magical floating road.

Love it!
This spot would be cooler if you put a bridge in, instead of a magical floating road.
Yah, I know. The whole thing's not done, I still have a bunch of stuff to do. :P

Here's a map with the different areas roughly mapped out with what I had in mind.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:24:46 AM by Georges »

Needs more random wilderness plots connected by dirt roads.

Needs more random wilderness plots connected by dirt roads.
Yeah, I was thinking I could add one in the upper right hand corner, but that's only one... I'd have to expand the island a bit to add any more. Would be worth it though.

The residential below the industrial can be the hood :P