What a City RPG should look like, IMO

Author Topic: What a City RPG should look like, IMO  (Read 10695 times)

Needs more plots, but really nice.
I would suggest adding another island, so one can be more city stuff, other more residential stuff.

Georges that looks fantastic. Kudos to you for trying to make a good city when so many others are just content with piles of stuff for one.
fixed, there's no rpg yet

anybody who remembers Wentworth/Diggy's metropolis will know what I'm talking about-
hidden lots are some of the coolest aspects of a city. It's not always the lots that you find at the end of a dirt road, but rather up the mountain on a hill for a woodland area cabin, or in some rare cases underground lots (I specifically remember owning a lot in a cave that to access, you had to go through a crawlspace.

Overall pretty cool map. I think you could benefit from a few more lot spaces though lol, sidewalks are pretty cool as well. Too bad there's not a sidewalk to go around the outside of the wide turn road *hint hint* Siba

How can I help out?
When I work on it later, I can open it on a server. For now, I want to get some more signs, trees, and stuff done. However, when I'm done with that, I want to start a new save and start filling it in with  relatively low brickcount houses and buildings, so you could help with that.
Georges that looks fantastic. Kudos to you for trying to make a good cityrpg when so many others are just content with piles of stuff for one.
Thanks! I don't actually have a means of hosting it nor do I have a mod, so it's just a map, unfortunately. It's always been a dream of mine to host a good City RPG though.
Needs more plots, but really nice.
I would suggest adding another island, so one can be more city stuff, other more residential stuff.
I might at some point.  Also, just an FYI, there's over 80 lots in all on the map already...
That's true. I'll see what i can do in that regard.

I absolutely love the map! What are you planning to do with it after you finish it?

I absolutely love the map! What are you planning to do with it after you finish it?
Well, once I create a completely blank save, I'm going to hopefully fill it in and see if I can create a City RPG using those RPG events. When I inevitably lose interest in working on that, I'll release the blank save so someone can use it as a map.

Looks really cool, Georges!

Maybe you can work something out with someone who has a good City RPG mod? Only Jasa comes to mind right now. I would totally play that server.

This is sick, when are you hosting?

hot

makes me want to continue with my city rpg mod

makes me want to continue with my city rpg mod
I swear there are at least 5 people working on their own iteration of the mod at any one time lol

I swear there are at least 5 people working on their own iteration of the mod at any one time lol

lmao yeah

i might start it up again but maybe more of a dark rp vibe??? idk

edit: georges what colourset is that
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:52:05 AM by Element »

lmao yeah

i might start it up again but maybe more of a dark rp vibe??? idk

edit: georges what colourset is that
Godus Colorset. I should probably edit it a little because there is no good brick colors...

would be nice to have a few screenshots without the [for the most of us] game-freezingly good quality shaders and AO(?)

that would be a sick map to play on

with a few modifications to the gamemode you could do an exploration kind of deal that hasn't been done by most cityrpgs
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:22:46 AM by log »

Looks cool man good luck! One of the cleanest city layouts I've seen so far.

Edit: May I ask what the pre-city brickcount is so far? As in how many bricks you've used so far with there still being 0 buildings on the layout.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:12:09 PM by Bishop »

Looks cool man good luck! One of the cleanest city layouts I've seen so far.

Edit: May I ask what the pre-city brickcount is so far? As in how many bricks you've used so far with there still being 0 buildings on the layout.
at the moment it's around 34000 bricks.
would be nice to have a few screenshots without the [for the most of us] game-freezingly good quality shaders and AO(?)
I can get 60 fps with these shaders because I use Ports new soft shaders that don't really lose performance.