6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167647 times)

mogeko castle? wadanohara and the great blue sea?

disclaimer: haven't played either
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:14:16 PM by Cybertails1998 »

mogeko castle? wadanohara and the great blue sea?
holy stuff are you some sort of mole for device because he told me the exact same games over steam and i blew him off because i didnt feel like adding more than 4 because it would split the vote too much for a decision to be made

play one of the club penguin games for the ds

play one of the club penguin games for the ds
why would i pay money to destroy my psyche when so many people offer the same service free
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:47:02 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

i hope this thread lasts for a while just so "off loving sucks" will be on the games page for like a year lol

and i don't even know much about off but that's just funny

you missed the memo where i became a corporate whore and opened the gates to the non rpgmaker masses
forget i'm always so late

i hope this thread lasts for a while just so "off loving sucks" will be on the games page for like a year lol

he should make a game review channel and name it "off loving sucks"

destroyerofblocks i think you should try reviewing chip's challenge

well for starters it loving sucks

he should make a game review channel and name it "off loving sucks"
this is actually a good idea

i think we all know the only effort i will put into this is monetizing it via patreon and/or kickstarter

i think we all know the only effort i will put into this is monetizing it via patreon and/or kickstarter
twitch subscriptions
youtube partnership

anyway the clear winner of the poll was presentable liberty so i'll get on it

twitch subscriptions
youtube partnership
this requires me to actually have a viewer base of over 20

if you try hard enough you could pull it off

i forgot to take a picture but it really doesnt matter unless you want to see pictures of a cell wall

presentable liberty

in presentable liberty you play as some chuckleforget who got his ass locked up for reasons that may or may not be specified later in the game im not telling you. the game involves you sitting around in your cell for approximately an hour in real life and five days in game until the game ends. within the time the game seems to be self aware of how boring it is and tries to prevent you from killing yourself in various ways even though you cant actually kill yourself so i can only assume the game is trying to prevent any real life Self Deletes caused by playing which seems apt. when you are waiting around aka the entire game you get letters from various people detailing what is happening outside your cell thing and that moves the plot forward. it manages to avoid being pretentious about its plot mostly but it isnt good either so whatever man. its pretty boring and trails the line between boring tier and decent time waster tier but at least its not off.

graphically it looks like ass but not ass enough for anyone to be turned off by it unless you can only pleasure yourself to detailed textures. nothing is so bad that it constantly catches the eye and its just a stuffty indie game no one care if it looks like piss. if you care you should play this game and ignore its warning to not kill yourself. sound design amounts to letter delivery sounds and bleeps from a faux game boy you get pretty early on and it does its job. music is some ambient track looped repeatedly that i found so easy to ignore that i forgot what it sounded like and dont care to play the game enough to remember but i think it was supposed to be spooky but i dont care forget you. either way this game is not going to receive awards for its graphics or sound so whatever at least it doesnt sound obnoxious.

gameplay is pretty simple and to win you can seriously just afk the entire game and still get one of the endings. most people do not play games to go comatose and the game recognizes how boring as stuff it is to stay in a confined space waiting for letters for an entire game and gives you some things to do. after a few minutes you get something that looks like an original game boy that lacks a and b buttons and a game. you continue to get a few games throughout your jail time but all of them are seem like little minigames and minigames get boring pretty forgetin quick yo. these minigames are only marginally different because most of them are extremely difficult and will at least keep you alive in your frustration at trying to beat the next level of serpent or whatever. they are all broken up into 20 levels and i guess this was intentional because putting down the game boy thing to go read some letters wont seriously interrupt your progress as most levels and be beaten in like 10-20 seconds if you dont forget up but you will. every time. eventually the skin deep mechanics of each of the games gets old and i was bored again around the third day so whatever. they do help you not kill yourself pretty good and i dont think i would have finished this game in a non vegetative state without them. this really is the hallmark of things to do in this game as other things to do include random stuff that gets added to your cell over time that gets old after you look at it for a maximum of like five seconds including letters. also a nice and by nice i mean dumb as hell feature of the game is that you cant actually save your progress at any time so if you close the window good luck waiting another hour dumbass.

the letters are also how the game tells its story but i dont really find any of that stuff compelling. the basic story is that youre in jail and stuff is getting real outside and people are telling you about it via letters except they didnt do a good job of making me care about any of the characters or the world outside of your happiness buddy or whoever who was the best character in the game by far because he supplies you with games among other reasons and i still cant even remember his name. the letters themselves are just bland and the plot is equally bland and its bland. the writing is merely mediocre and goes for the lets make the letters shorter to let people fill in their own emotions route near the end of the game and it doesnt work because the letters were already super short and no one really cares anyway. not even joking im pretty sure i was mildly amused when i was supposed to be sad about one of the characters more than a few times barring anything related to happiness buddy.  the game also includes some off kilter comedy attempts which were all pretty good except i wasnt sure if what i was laughing at was supposed to be humorous. either way its not the stanley parable and you should probably just play that instead like really. actually just watch the stanley parable unless you enjoy walking simulators and if you enjoy walking simulators just go outside. the ending or at least the ending i got because there was no save feature for me to see both endings because it pulls another mass effect 3 pick your favorite color ending except with two instead of three but whatever the ending i got felt super forced and boring because i super didnt care for any of the characters. at least it managed to avoid being pretentious tripe unless there actually was some deeper message i missed but whatever.

overall its boring but you downloaded a game where you sit in a cell for an hour. it may supposed to be boring and self referential but i dont want to play a boring game so forget it. even though it is a boring simulator it is at least less boring than off.

you can get it here http://gamejolt.com/games/presentable-liberty/42997

power ranking

decent time waster tier
1. space funeral
2. mimicry man

boring tier
3. presentable liberty
4. lieat 1

off tier
100000. off
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:08:14 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

the worst part is that im not actually exaggerating how bad off is

next im going to play wadanohara and the great blue sea because it seems like a fun time when you combine this

with this

plus all the games you starfishs suggest arent controversial enough to gather an audience like for real who wants to read a paper about waiting in a cell for an hour
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:22:19 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »