6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167566 times)

reviews done and i need a new game in case all of you want to band behind a specific one otherwise i'll go through the ones already suggested and stuff also im bolding the game now when i place it in a tier so pass the suggestions up

current list of suggestions:
lieat 2
1bitheart
yume nikki
ao oni
oneshot
super columbine massacre rpg
spooky's house of jump scares
anake
chips challenge
some other stuff i missed probably
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:15:58 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

reviews done and i need a new game in case all of you want to band behind a specific one otherwise i'll go through the ones already suggested and stuff also im bolding the game now when i place it in a tier so pass the suggestions up
in this game you play as a janitor for nearly the entire game

wow stuff got bumped down but anyway i wont be doing reviews for at least like 4 days due to more midterms

just kidding

anake

anake was the result of one of those indie game time challenge develop that seem to exist and sometimes bring interesting ideas and things to the table except i guess this was not one of them. in anake you play as some girl whos filling in for her mothers janitor job or some stuff at totally not evil incorporated and so you just clean stuff and like all good minimum wage workers you also steal whatever money is left out and sift through your coworkers trash and emails which i do not condone but i guess its acceptable if done to completely harmless we swear inc but you dont even know that youre just some starfish who enjoys going through everyones stuff in case there actually is super secret except not really i mean stuff i guessed it before it happened corporate secret. by the way yeah the corporation is evil wow who could have forgetin guessed its like a dog movie you know that dog is a dead motherforgeter. anyway you go through stuff and thats basically the entire thing and you do that stuff for like 30 minutes and youre done because indie game time challenge. i don't know or care if this game won anything but it really shouldnt have because its dull throughout so if you ever wanted to experience the joys of cleaning stuff off the urinal without any of the mess here you go.

gameplay is pretty forgetin simple as stated you are some janitor who is here to clean up stuff and other trash that will all be collectively referred to as stuff from hereon because i dont feel like writing trash and stuff every time so if youve ever wanted to clean up stuff before without the mess then you will love this game because it simulates how boring it is to actually work a minimum wage job pretty forgetin well because this game plays boring as forget. stuff cleaning mechanics are incredibly dull which may stem from it trying to be a story with stuffty game elements attached instead of an actual game and they feel tacked on to give you a reason to actually be in the office and search through trash and steal. to clean 3/4 categories of stuff around the office you go up to it and right click and wave your mouse around until it disappears like its magic and thats all well and good i guess but its ridiculously dull like i dont actually want to do this stuff over the course of thirty or less minutes. the other cleaning stuff minigame is collecting trash and that one goes from it exists and i can do it without problems to sort of broken because its some timing stuff i dont care enough to explain but the important part is that the timing thing is forgeted up because you have to click your mouse at certain times and it would always forget it up and put it ahead by a few milliseconds enough to miss it unless i timed it before so that loving blew but its not like there is any penalty for failure. in fact there is no penalty for failure except maybe taking longer on an extremely lenient timer. yeah you are on a timer except the timer gives you ample time to get all your stuff done and once you do that you generally forget around and talk to people because story game not game game so it feels like playing the game is actually a chore that a child has to do before he goes out and plays with his friends even if the dialog isnt exactly exciting but i will get to that later. the other fruit of your blue collar wage slavery is some cash and you need $400 or some stuff to go on a trip and its probably possible if you are some sort of virtual chore expert and probably unlocks a joke ending but i didnt actually care enough to try to go for it because i got like at max $50 for a days work including cash stealing and theres like 4 days so good loving luck with that. money count does not influence anything at the end as far as i know though. also this game has some glitches that didnt really forget me up too bad but were annoying so watch out for those.

story sucks too and its the main focus of the game so this game sucks in return but its slightly better than the gameplay. everything i said in the intro was basically the story i mean stuff you go forget around in acme co until you suddenly realize they are evil in a dumb plot twist that sucked that i saw from light years away and you will see too. so yeah thats the games forgetin story how exciting best part is that there is 1 ending so have fun with that stuff unless you want to collect $400. the only thing that really matters and by matters i mean is irrelevant but is the part of the game the dev seems to want you to care about even if you dont and i didnt are the characters aka your co workers and they suck some richard to. there are like 5 of these forgeters and they sit around at computers or get up and while they are doing either you go over and talk to them except none of them say anything interesting and the dialog choices when talking to them are extremely limited. every character gives an intro about themselves and can respond to 3 or less questions about themselves and the company and each other and they basically all respond in the exact same way. no one really knows whats up with the company but the pay is good and stuff happens to people snooping so they just do their jobs, all the co workers are pretty decent guys except one guy who is a richard and one guy who is a failed womanizer, hi i'm x nice to meet you blah what the forget ever i don't give a stuff you really don't learn anything about these characters other than some things like hobbies and stuff and they are all bland as forget and that might be because the game lasted 30 minutes because of indie game development jam boogaloo or it may have been because the writer is a hack i dont know but im not letting it off just because it was made with a time limit a stuff game is still stuff no matter the development circumstances. the only real differences between them in dialog is that the guy who is a richard tells you to forget off instead of answering bullstuff questions while he is doing his job so that provided like 3 seconds of entertainment. he doesnt literally tell you to forget off though that would have been too exciting for this game. the other way to gleam info off these characters is via searching their trash and emails because you care so much about boundaries and stuff good one way to go buddy way so you learn about their secret stuff except their secret stuff doesnt actually matter and it only lightly adds to character development in the best case scenario and doesnt change dialog options so that loving blows. the timer stuff i mentioned earlier gives ample time to exhaust the dialog options at around day 2 so enjoy replaying that one game where you stand around in a cell except without people trying to prevent your Self Delete.

the people sprites in this game look like doom in that it has the sprite things that have 4 sides and sort of snap when you look at a different side of them and it looks pretty good but also i was playing on the lowest setting because my computer is richard so i didnt see any fancy graphics stuff but you arent playing this game for the graphics stuff anyway so forget yourself. the pixel art doom sprite animations actually looked pretty good though and i didnt have a problem with it maybe the rest of the game sucks so much rooster because the guy who made it is actually a graphic designer who was bored and high enough to enter in indie game jam wham bam 2014 and bored and high enough to actually make a game. anyway the pixel art stuff is pretty good and the enviorment is just a standard office thing that you really cant make look too good so its just a forgetin office man i dont care whatever it portrays its thing well it looks sort of like ace of spades pre jagex. music is one ominous ambient track played throughout the game that sort of sets the mood but also immediately alerts you to the entire game plot because spooky music in normal looking office which no one knows specifically what they do oh man what could happen. the track gets old but work i guess but this game sucks anyway unless the music was blatantly offensive to my hearing i wouldnt care any less than i already do. the sound design exists and isnt offensive blah blah blah end me the only thing i really remember is the elevator sound which i guess was supposed to sound spooky but i thought it sounded pretty funny for some reason so its sound design no one cares.

this game feels like it could be an intro for some other longer game but this exists instead of that game because that game would probably have had actual gameplay and if that game exists this game would have been condensed into 5 minutes instead of 30 because its boring as stuff. as stated i dont care and will never care if it was indie jamorama slamma 3999 material a stuffty game is a stuffty game and if anyone says otherwise i invite you to write an essay on why i should play stuffty games more for being indie or something. don't play this when you can scrape stuff off a toilet in real life except that actually contributes to public health so this game is actually worse than scraping stuff off a toilet. have fun with that or dont.

good time waster tier
  profit motive

decent time waster tier
  the witch's house
  sluggish morss
  space funeral
  mimicry man

mediocre time waster tier
  ib
  mogeko castle

boring tier
  presentable liberty
  lieat
  ananke
  ao oni

worse than Riddler tier
  the gray garden

off tier
  off

worse than off tier
  wadanohara
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:59:29 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

i wont be doing reviews for at least like 4 days due to more midterms
i guess youll be taking some time off

i guess youll be taking some time off
you are dead also i wrote a ton of stuff but lost it all because of blf auto logout forget did the review anyway
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:01:56 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

current list of suggestions:
lieat 2
1bitheart
yume nikki
ao oni
oneshot
super columbine massacre rpg
spooky's house of jump scares
anake
chips challenge - nevermind that stuff costs money
some other stuff i missed probably

obligatory give me some games and the review is done post

do undertale because i love you

do undertale because i love you
Been requested countless times.

This thread is primarily for stuffty rpg maker game reviews, and also a few stuffty non-rpg maker games. And also probably only free games.

he already played undertale and he's said that tons of times
also you should play Palette

if you need help getting it to run you can just poke me on steam because i went through the same hell to get it working

http://gamejolt.com/games/auti-sim/12761

not doing stuff tonight or tomorrow though

i actually just read my review of ananke which was the first time i ever read anything i wrote and wow that sucked i need to step it up
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:55:55 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

spooky is good as a horror game but I'm not sure how well someone can write a review about it

give it a shot I suppose

http://gamejolt.com/games/auti-sim/12761

not doing stuff tonight or tomorrow though

oh god i played that game
it was just really stupid
also it lagged like hell on my computer rip