6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167587 times)

hold the forget up
if you actually want to play this game without going comatose and without wandering into the potentially spoiler heavy wiki to find out how to move quicker i am here to save your loving ass

how do i make walking less of a loving chore by me source yume nikki wiki
step 1 get the loving bike
go into this door here

then just loving walk to the left until you bump into that stuff the bike is vital because it doubles you move speed but
thats not all
there are actually two movement speed glitches that make you move super loving fast and you will use them often as forget and both of them need the bike
quoted from yume nikki wiki
4x speed
Instructions

Sit in the chair in Madotsuki's dream room
    Open the menu with X
    Equip the Bicycle
    Press down, then Z to exit the chair.

8x speed
Instructions

Sit in the chair in Madotsuki's dream room
    Open the menu with X
    Equip the Bicycle
    Press Z to ride the chair
    Ride the chair into the Nexus
    Press 5 to drop the bicycle effect, then pick it back up
    Open the menu (You should hear the 'unable' sound effect), and equip the bicycle
    Return to the bedroom. There will be no chair at the desk.
    Go to the desk and sit down on the invisible chair, then press down and Z to get up.

now go read the loving review

yume nikki

in yume nikki you play as some girl named madotsuki who spends the entire game in her room and balcony because she wont go outside for some reason. for some reason she is attempting to isolate herself without a computer or internet access so the only thing she has to do all day is play one terrible video game and sleep and unsurprisingly most people pick sleep. while dreaming you wander around her subconscious probably where all sorts of whack stuff happens that is never explained by the game. if this sounds like every other pretentious rpgmaker game out there you would be correct except yume nikki did all this stuff before it got hip although that isnt an excuse for anything and the game isnt actually pretentious but it does have a giant ass fanbase who i am eager to disappoint like their game disappointed me. just kidding i wasnt actually too disappointed but this game surely isnt good enough to deserve the amount of fan stuff that it has although there are other reasons that such a massive community could form around it.

the gameplay of yume nikki falls into walking simulator territory as bar walking the only thing you can really do is some simple environment interactions with the weird stuff that inhabits the dream. interacting with the weird stuff isnt standard affair as you have to pick up "effects" aka misc items scattered around that do things varying from nothing to giving you an entire new way to mess around with the dream thing. sadly the majority fall into the do jack stuff category but all of them are at least interesting and have at least a cosmetic effect when used. collecting them all is technically end goal of the game as it actually lets you unlock the end of it but this isnt the kind of game that you expect to end in the first place so getting them all and ending it is sort of secondary to exploring stuff. by the way trust me when i mean walking walking simulator you will be doing a lot of loving walking because the world is massive. and massive is not equal to good especially here where most of a lot of worlds is completely devoid of anything interesting. most of your time is spent wandering around empty landscapes in a desperate search to find some way to a new area or a new effect so that something interesting happens and a bunch of the areas loop around so you cant limit the location of the item down via the traditional method of using the map boundaries and going inward. as expected of an rpgmaker game the game is pretty spartan with help and thus lacks tools such as a mini map or a map or anything useful for getting around memorizing the routes to all the deeper dream levels which can get pretty forgetin confusing. there is also no indication of where the effects are and you generally have to forget around until you find them but some effects are bullstuff to reach and others are pretty deep in the dream. or just use a guide like i did after a while no regrets. there is also no fast travel and you always have to navigate your way from the dream hub world to all the deeper dreams which can take a lot of time and you can forget all of the paths unless you drew a map or something because of bigass map syndrome. you also can only save your game while awake so you cant like save and reload a bunch of saves at specific points in the dream to find all the stuff quicker. there also are some enemies who chase you and knock your ass into some inescapable 8x8 or less hole so that you are forced to wake yourself up and restart from the dream hub but anyone with the bike can out run them and there are other effects that deal specifically with them. other features include events which are sometimes something pops up on the screen or does something weird and there is usually an extremely low chance of this happening and people have tried to get these events hundreds of times previously so whatever they exist and can spice things up but i wish they were more frequent.

actually exploring the parts of the world you havent seen before is some kind of spiritual journey though. this game did everything ib tried to do with the art stuff way better. every new area is almost entirely different and whack and everything was interesting as hell until you miss the door to the next area or something and have to begin looking for that stuff. the game pushes the what the forget category to the limit for the entire ride so its intentional ambiguity actually work unlike in off which i havent bashed enough recently and it is a real shame that the rest of the game is so underdeveloped. this game also manages to avoid being pretentious about the whole shebang although there are numerous fan theories that all try to interpret what is going on with this stuff and i am without a doubt that most of them involve rape or comas although i personally believe that this game could be about rape as much as it could be about a girl being possessed by an aztec monkey god and you will know what i mean if you actually play the game. the whack stuff in this game really is the sole driving force and is intensely creative and everyone should at least give the game at least 10 minutes of play just to see the general look of it. the game isnt scary with its design either it just sort of branches into something darkly psychedelic at times and not even all the time.

ive decided to devote a few words to the fandom of this game after looking at just how extensive it is when compared to any other rpgmaker game and it sort of gives a hint about what kind of game this really is. all things considered you do not play yume nikki like a normal game. nothing is ever revealed to have a meaning and there is a ton of hidden bullstuff that would take many playthroughs and absolute dedication to searching everthing on the map to find and even then you may miss it due to random bullstuff. the games layout is a confusing mess that many would have to draw a map just to remember where every area is. its not even finished and the dev forgeted off leaving it at version 0.10 permanently. despite all of this stuff there is a massive amount of fan creations relating to this and and it even has its own 4chan derivative and numerous fan games. why is that then? well ill have you know i am a professional internet theorist who took a sociology class once with a minor in bullstuffting so ive come up with some 100% authentic ideas. first off its the original whack rpgmaker stuff game so by virtue of being the first it is the most visible to like the 10 people who actively look through these stuffty games but it wouldnt matter if it was the original and no one cared about it so there has to be something else and it certainly isnt the gameplay. actually it is the gameplay. the games intentional slowness and obfuscation of like everything actually bonds people together. everyone who played this game eventually had to look up a guide because there is just so much stuff you might not even see and its so interesting that you might actually care about finding it. and when there is a community there is discussion and the meaning of everything got brought up and due to the obscuring of any sort of hints to the story and eventually people crafted and continue to craft fan theories and fan art related to personal interpretations again because the game is just draws you in so good even if it plays like ass. this of course leads to a bunch of bad fan things like all the stuffty theories but is really something special and its probably fun just to find and share all the the bullstuff secrets that happen and nobody has seen before with the rest of the internet. sadly i think the halcyon days of this game have passed because i think like almost everything in the game has been found by now but its been supplemented by continuously updating fan games and thus the community lives on. alternatively people just like stuffty games and i dont know what im talking about.

for the games assets it basically takes the portraits of ib and makes them almost the entire game. it usually mixes pixel art with a the afterbirth of an adobe photoshop session combined with the drawings you did in your high school notebook and the aztecs. everything in this game looks weird as forget because it is weird as forget and its great because this is one of the main selling points of the game. the music and stuff goes from disturbing to annoying although it might intentionally be annoying i dont care if its annoying then its annoying and the sound effects do the same stuff. there are a bunch of fan created songs using the games sound effects though including this one which is loving amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arg-mKO6pv8 but other than that i really dont care much about the music and sort of explained the graphics stuff before.

overall i dont really know what to say about this game. it took horror rpgmaker cliches to their extremes before most of them even existed by being both incredibly boring to play but incredibly interesting at the same time. this stuff is the first official game to be put in game category (barring undertale but i didnt really review it) because even though it blows to play its something everyone should play at least a little of like forget me what is the deal with this game. it defined a genre and a bunch of games took after it but none i have played have met its true uniqueness. check it out.

tier list

bad game tier
  yume nikki

good time waster tier
  profit motive

decent time waster tier
  the witch's house
  sluggish morss
  space funeral
  mimicry man

mediocre time waster tier
  ib
  mogeko castle

boring tier
  presentable liberty
  spookys house of jump scares
  lieat
  ananke
  ao oni

worse than Riddler tier
  the gray garden

off tier
  off
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:34:41 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

Oh stuff!, I can see the hate train coming already because people; even on the forum's said that they liked the game.

Someone needs to do a voice over of these reviews.

I like Yume Nikki and I was not disappoint of the review

You seriously think the the witches house is better then Ib?

You seriously think the witches house is better then Ib?
Does he actually think that? What a total dork.

whats worse a dry stuff or a wet stuff

hell yeah motherforgeter

i made a post about the arbitrary differences i made up concerning games and time wasters on the tier list that i will have to pull up but the reviews done so any more suggestions

also a few words on my rating stuff

time waster and game are separated in different categories because a time waster is stuff that you will generally consider doing if you are bored and the higher a time waster ranking generally the better a time waster it is. you arent playing time wasters to be introduced to something life changing or incredible or some stuff youre just playing it as a fun little experience that you will enjoy but is ultimately forgettable. a game is a thing you should go out of your way to experience if you enjoy playing games just because of how good it is. a good example of this would be blockland to me as the best time waster ever because i have like 1.3k hours on it but its still not game material as i will not hesitate to put it down to pick up something else like undertale or some stuff which was a good game. this is also why there is no bad time waster and will be no bad game category because that stuff is just boring and no one will waste time on boring stuff or actively pursue boring stuff unless they hate themselves. also off and wadanohara tiers are not jokes they are actually that loving awful.

i am consistently surprised by how bad off is in comparison to all the stuffty games i have played so far.

you should play .flow
it's basically a clone of yume nikki in terms of gameplay but i'd say its considerably more in the horror genre and pulls off the whole spooky atmosphere thing really well
if u can even survive not having a speed glitch, that is

you should play .flow
it's basically a clone of yume nikki in terms of gameplay but i'd say its considerably more in the horror genre and pulls off the whole spooky atmosphere thing really well
if u can even survive not having a speed glitch, that is
i think im done with yume nikki for now even though i ultimately found it something to play it still plays like stuff and i can only take so much stuff gameplay for so long

i'm not quite sure if you'll accept mobile games, but can you check out inflation RPG on iOS/android if you're able to? before you say it, it's not some special interesty thing, it's just a regular timewaster you can play on long car rides or on the stuffter

i love how the word 'inflation' has been so inseparably attached to weird love things that people have to announce when it isnt

whats worse a dry stuff or a wet stuff
Obviously dry stuff. That comparison didn't work because wet stuffs come out a lot easier then dry stuffs duh

No but seriously Ib is a great game and IMO the witches house is rather bland by comparison. Care to explain why you don't like Ib? Just curious

Obviously dry stuff. That comparison didn't work because wet stuffs come out a lot easier then dry stuffs duh

No but seriously Ib is a great game and IMO the witches house is rather bland by comparison. Care to explain why you don't like Ib? Just curious

did u even read the thread
he has a review up for every game in that list...