6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167664 times)

its done and i have discovered there are fan sequels to space funeral and fan sequels to those fan sequels

actually it turns out instead of space funeral 2 i played space funeral 3 because the link was forgeted up what the stuff

heres a space funeral 2 picture just to show the leaps it took graphically

wow that lasted all of 15 minutes

theres also a space funeral 4 fangame in development that prominently features loving furries holy stuff burn it
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:12:58 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

double posting because im pissed at space funeral 4

theres a demo but the loving link is broken

theres also a space funeral 5 demo
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:10:42 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

I'm glad you enjoyed Station 37. [spoiler] is pretty great. It's impressive it was made in just a week for a game jam. With a little more polish and a lot more content it could be a really nice game.

space funeral 2
   glorified tech demo only made famous because the creator of the original space funeral thought it was funny enough to become canon or some stuff although it was primarily because it broke canon so many times and this is space funeral canon like what the hell even is that. gameplay consists of walking around the areas of space funeral 1 for 15 minutes until you go to the end while talking to a bunch of eye things along the way who mostly talk about blood and they're alright. the music is the same as space funeral 1 except in like 2 new areas which are basically glorified hallways. its basically some sort of space funeral: where are they now after 20 years television show except in a game and everything has eyes. also theres no combat because the guy coding couldnt figure out how to implement it. this doesnt deserve a real review and is only here due to it being part of the space funeral franchise and because space funeral 3 reused some of the eye sprites. at least it removed the annoying menu sound although probably by accident due to the creators said programming ineptitude
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 08:53:45 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

space funeral: legend of earth birth
yes im using the same image

space funeral: legend of earth birth or space funeral 3 to anyone who likes short titles is a space funeral fan game where you play as the crying fat bald guy again and have to go save earth birth from some stuff its space funeral i know why you really play though. the answer is you dont no one actually plays these games except me. anyway yeah its basically space funeral except worse slightly despite playing basically exactly the same. congratulations on loving that one up. its pretty long i havent played the original space funeral for a while but i think it was about that length so its not a joke like 2 this is a real deal space funeral fan game of around 2 hours or something. also being a fan game it basically just tries to play up haha its space funeral for most of that time without having any real space funeraly moments like the entirety of 1 while simultaneously not improving anything. it even has the stuffty menu sound. forget. i found out how to fix that though go into the folder and into sound and delete or replace choice1.wav with something i used cursor1.wav as a replacement and it worked pretty well. it still exists though like come on is been 3 games and a stuffty tech demo actually did it better than you did congrats man.

anyway the gameplay in space funeral 3 is seriously just space funeral 1. if youve read the space funeral 1 review which i havent i dont know if i improved since then but if you did you might have a vague idea of what to expect and its what i said there. anyway its standard rpg combat with mana and spells and health and a normal attack and stuff except with an added mystery button that does something random and often humorous and gamebreaking stuff such as all of your enemies getting sudden blood clots and ect. combat in this game is not something anyone cares about. if you are stuck somewhere and/or suck richard there are seriously items that instakill certain enemies which are also humorous and i found out you actually can make money via instakilling some of the more damaging enemies because they drop enough to recoup the cost of the item and more. also like all the enemies are mechanically almost identical. it has the timing bar things of chrono trigger except they are loving slow as stuff and the brief seconds it adds to the time it takes for me to hit something is obnoxious as hell. the rpg combat seems to exist to display the mystery feature which is further proved by the instakill items and ease of fleeing. strangely becoming a god of death ala space funeral 1 after like 7 battles doesnt happen in this game but that may be because i avoided battle but generally it was harder although i cheesed it hardcore with the instakill items and the secret gear that breaks the game because forget you the combat still sucks and is the same every battle i dont actually want to go around grinding it up for good gear. game is still pretty easy either way.

the other gameplay features include walking around and talking to people with no sprint button or anything but that doesnt matter because youre always close to stuff to do. you can pick up items and stuff which are mostly useless things you can buy in the shops. enemies walk around aimlessly and you can dodge the forgeters if you want to avoid the boring combat. linearity is the game here so exploration is pretty limited to stuff in the surrounding area of the main path but its not like its possible to pick up anything of worth. you can talk to all the worthless npcs loafing around just like in every other space funeral and most of them are direct rips from the previous game. there really isnt much in the way of exploration especially with the new environments added to the game being pretty forgetin polarizing but i dont care about your opinion on them im talking about mine and mine is that they suck some mean richard on the mean streets if you know what im saying. this problem is exponentially increased when we factor in what kind of game space funeral is. you do not play this stuff for the gameplay or the story or even the loving graphics youre playing this for the whack ass setting where everything is just superb levels of stuff and everything felt like the crude drawings on the back of a dumpster in the most popular crack alley in loving las vegas come to life and it was some cool ass stuff. everything was played straight and the game existed in its own sort of cosmically stuff world where everyone sort of just accepted their fate and a bunch of people probably went insane and it was cool. it was unique. all of the locations were memorable because there was something about it that was just loving weird and standout about each of them. the only game ive played remotely comparable in feel is a really forgeted space station 13 round but thats inconsistent. but then along comes this game and it forgeted up everything. space station 13 is pretty good when you get going you should check that out if you havent.

lets start with the big gripe. the game lacks the straight faced stuffforgetery that went down in space funeral 1 and shows that off most immediately with pyramid head running the shops this time but in a major way once you get to this godawful stuffforget dubstep forest or something which is just not forgetin space funeral like what the stuff. space funeral was loving silly sometimes or all the time but it never felt like yes this is intentionally out of place everything felt like it was part of the world. now space funeral 3 seems to be plagued by too many references to modern and hilarious jokes like the loving dubstep forest among other stuff i wont spoil because forget you. it all felt out of place and terrible but it wasnt overt like borderlands or some stuff but it was enough to make me repeatedly ask myself why this stuff is in space funeral throughout the game. anyway the loving environments for the most part arent actually good who could have guessed. many of them are afflicted with the previous infusion of intentionally whacky elements which makes them stuff and the rest are just overt attempts at emulating space funeral 1 which is fine but weve already been to space funeral 1. space funeral thrives on its continuously changing but unique and interesting environments which this game lacks because it just is metaphorically like hey guys remember this is a sequel to space funeral. like ok we get it. i got it. the metaphorical space funeral stuff will come back a lot. like right now when i talk about the npcs.

the npcs which filled the world which were also a crucial part of the space funeral experience. they all had unique sort of personalities for each sprite which would generally tell you something about the essence of what they were about to say and that was great why are you still reusing them. i can understand reusing them in moderation but holy stuff. why not have cool environment specific groups of npcs like the bandits in space funeral 1. it even reuses the loving eye things from space funeral 2. this game takes place on an entirely other planet for christs sake why cant the dev come up with good npcs to populate the environments. the ones that are there are alright they got the dialogue down and there are like 2 new npcs that are pretty good but nothing feels tied to the environment and thus the world of space funeral comes apart. id argue that the same thing applies to the enemies specifically one class of enemy that is just normal people who are libertarians like really. i dont care if its some political jab or some stuff but its just why would you ever have anyone that looks normal in forgetin space funeral. enemy sprites seem to be too smooth for a space funeral game too. basically the dev forgeted up and if you think im nitpicking forget you im about to nitpick the music.

the music is where the game tried to be like space funeral 1 but instead of succeeding too much like previously it failed. badly. the music in the game isnt technically stuff but it is stylistically mismatched and alienated from the original space funeral despite going for the same aesthetic although it seems it believed the original space funeral aesthetic was "weird" instead of "weird mostly early electronics and experimental rock" which leads to some pretty forgetin jarring differences especially when the game tried so hard to be space funeral 1 but different. like why would you add a loving song by loving cage the elephant to loving space funeral the clone wars and expect that stuff to just work out. speaking of star wars references im checking out swhollis channel for his star wars 7 review i need to see how that was. anyway the music is such a loving jarring transition that i mean listen to the difference. if youre going to add that stuff at least make it so the game differs enough to appreciate it like damn the music also helps ruin a few of the nicer areas because besides that one track there are quite a few more modern electronicy sounding ones that when you hear its like why. there are a few decent ones around there though but i forgot them whatever man loving cage the elephant are you serious though its like if i took any other video game except borderlands which was stuff borderlands is a bad series if you like it you like cage the elephant in your games but basically any other series except guitar hero and its ilk. god damn.

the story is sufficiently space funeral like while being independent though and takes the same go forget around until you win type of storytelling as the previous game which isnt bad if anything its like a space funeral hallmark. one of the characters you get on the party just seems to continually play up the few lines he had in space funeral 1 and has based his entire personality off of that which is dumb as hell forget this gay ass game i wrote a billion words already i dont think anyone truly cares about the story of space funeral but i felt obligated to include a section. summary: its not terrible.

the game dev actually points out my feelings about this game accurately. "some complain that it's too similar to the original. Others say it deviates too much. Goldilocks, however, finds it to be juuuuust right"* yeah forget you game dev you somehow managed to make it too similar and too different in one terrible package. the game focuses too much on being space funeral to have any sweeping changes made that would have made it a better game and an interesting sequel in its own right and the changes it does make stand out against this mostly traditional space funeral setting he seemed to be aiming for. maybe if you play this before space funeral 1 youll enjoy it and say space funeral 1 is stuff because it is too focused on a more specific bunch of settings but i like it better tan a loving dubstep forest oh my god. dubstep forest is something that you would find in a stuffty goat simulator rip off. forget this game but ive seen the future in space funeral 4 and this seems to be by far the lesser evil but that isnt anything consoling. dev seems to have missed what was enjoyable about space funeral but the game isnt too stuff i mean its just like a gimped space funeral. either way all i can say to the dev is you tried.

*http://duckstapler.com/earthbirth.html wow i have sources now what happened to my life

tier list

essential games
bad tier
  yume nikki

unessential games
good tier
  profit motive

decent tier
  chrono trigger
  station 37
  skelemania
  the witch's house
  sluggish morss
  space funeral
  mimicry man

mediocre tier
  ib
  space funeral: the legend of earth birth
  hylics
  mogeko castle

extremely unessential games
boring tier
  presentable liberty
  spookys house of jump scares
  lieat
  ananke
  super columbine massacre rpg
  ao oni
  inflation quest

hell
worse than Riddler tier
  the gray garden

off tier
  off

worse than off tier
  wadanohara and the great blue sea
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:21:30 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

yo
all of you need to look at this because it is the tightest stuff
if you are blind why are you on the internet but if you have a png to braille thing it was made by flamecannon
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:56:34 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

jesus forget i can't believe i forgot that game
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:36:06 AM by Cybertails1998 »

reviews done finally and ill check out barkley eventually ive been told it does a lot of stuff with rpgmaker stereotypes and i feel like im not familiar enough with the more traditional rpg aspect of rpgmaker and i just play stuffty art games every day

Gosh, you haven't played Barkley yet? That one's a classic. It's genuinely entertaining even if you have zero basketball knowledge and its RPG mechanics aren't half bad either. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

ill put barkley on my list but right now its space funeral 4 time time to kill myself

off to a great start

using this post as a placeholder to show how stuff this game is and also so i dont forget to add a picture to the review'

god this game is a loving stuffshow
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:33:06 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

if everyone in the world was a furry then i would probably have that same expression

if everyone in the world was a furry then i would probably have that same expression

lol sucks for you

anyway this game makes me want to kill myself
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 03:36:25 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

i wanted to join you
then professor genki reference
no