6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167661 times)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025603704/recommended/417990/ rate this up or die

major/minor
not putting pictures because the stream chat has done an excellent job of that

i dont even have words for this game. actually i do im writing a review of it but i dont metaphysically. my soul has yet to respond at the pace of the physical realm. thats okay. i will give it time to heal. major/minor is a visual novel about furries. if you needed a reason to not buy the game there it is. it was my reason. thats why someone had to gift it to me. but wait it gets worse. many people who watched me play through this via twitch at twitch.tv/offisbad give me your money. it gets worse though. worse than self advertisement. worse than quite a lot of things. today we will delve into realms untouched by me as of yet. as i looked into the development story of this garbage i learned that today the world of early access is going to slap you right in the richard. also i am openly acknowledging i dont like furries but this does not influence how stuff this game and the art is. if you saw the title screen and did not feel at least slightly repulsed you should take a look in the past to see what went wrong. even if it does write your own review toad forgeter youre in my world now and in my world you forget toads and that is a serious detriment to the value of ideas you hold dear.

anyway christ where do i start with this game. nothing about it is enjoyable and its only saving grace is that its short and i can just left click neglectfully to get through it and its short length. dont worry though i read it. the writing readily dipped into painful territory. all the characters are stupid and  i hate them. the plot is stupid and i hate it. the side plots and ect gimmicks are stupid and i hate them. the plot is forgetin hold on prepare yourself for this. you, the main character as he is given no defining physical features and basically just exists as a self insert probably so furries can pretend to be their fursona because furries make everything terrible personally i and everyone in the stream pushed that the main character was a human in a land of freaky fur-mutants, won a trip to forgetin japan so you go there. also update unless the word paw universally replaced hand in this universe youre also a furry because something happened and it said "grabs my paw" so we finally have confirmation. and yeah japan specifically probably because the author is a weeaboo or some stuff the fact that the game is in japan has like jack stuff to do with most of the story other than some passing "japanese culture lessons" which are about as basic and idiotic as anyone would expect them to be. the japanese setting isnt taken any further than "we're in japan time to visit an arcade or maid cafe" with that being one of the choices in the game im for real right now. i dont even think the japan stuff will matter in the future because the game looks like its going into some stupid multiverse bullstuff and by looks like i mean it looks like the sun is going to rise tomorrow looks like. and by stupid multiverse stuff i mean stupid in concept and most likely execution. its based on some quantum mechanics bullstuff the author probably learned about in high school and though was interesting and then never read deeper into the subject but kept it along with him to make into a horrible little game.

anyway all the characters that inhabit post-furry japan are all terrible in every way. all of them. even your character. especially your character. they do nothing interesting and their character traits are on a venn diagram of two circles named obnoxious and handicapped and most or all of them fall in the middle intersection thing. most of them seemed to be shards of the authors personality or what he considers personality divvied up and given terrible form. the form really is terrible the art sucks ill get to that later. and yes it does feel like the author is self inserting his own personality throughout the game and it manifests itself most prevalently in the form of his fursona which is in the game. not only is his fursona in the game but it is a main character, popstar, billionaire, international celebrity, successful high end retail owner, and for real big enough for the population of forgetin japan to believe that his arrival to tokyo triggered a few murder/Self Deletes like holy hell. all of the establishments you visit are owned by this character and he is repeatedly shown to be generous and hip but down to earth and not like those other celebrities who capture the focus of a metropolis of 36 million people via their presence. none of the characters has a bad thing to say about this guy also his name is klace which i will use for brevity from now on and he is basically a better person than any of the other characters in the game. im loosely quoting the game but it actually said "klace is a nice down to earth guy until you get on his bad side" like for real whos on his bad side the girls who made fun of you when you came to the party with a fox tail in your star fish come on. that line is the most cliche stuff for stupid omnipotent self inserts and has singlehandedly shown through at the official worse sentence in the game. congratulations you won. also note that the rest of the game is about as bad or close to it but its usually divided up into a few sentences instead of one thats just such a horrible train wreck. spoiler warning he supposedly dies at the end of the game but i know hes coming back. i know deep within me because a im not stupid. no one this bad will let the representation of them except as god die. b the game has set up some multi universe clusterforget that is just prime to revive him. c there is official card art of this character and he appears on the title screens background thing. if i told you to look back at the image posted already he would be the gayest one. look back at it right now and prove me right. that is seriously what i thought the character was and then it became even worse when i saw that his steam card is called klace. just take a look. the character doesnt even appear in person in the first episode chapter but his presence is so strangling that it was impossible not to mention it. the rest of the characters are boring and handicapped enough to be forgettable but not boring and handicapped enough to cross the threshold into so bad that it becomes something like a freak accident that you cant look away from but rest assured they are bad.

of course none of this stuffshow would be possible without a poor quality of writing. its just bad. not like technically bad i mean all the words were spelled right and i didnt notice any obvious flaws in sentence structure but it was just bad. it was so bad that i feel the need to not leave it with the character and story stuff mostly because the character stuff was a lot of words summing up klace should die forever. its just bad. none of the characters talk in any sort of believable way and the pacing and stuff is just weird and it seems like theres more filler in the game than there is in my reviews which is impressive but also not an achievement. i think maybe the dev was going for the "sometimes we have idiotic trains of thought" route except its done too frequently and too poorly and feels like padding to make the already unfinished game seem longer or to make the fursona you are supposedly self inserting as seem like its really you we promise kill your parents and he will become real. it doesnt work and i dont want to kill my parents. the whole multiverse whatever stuff is sprung entirely out of the blue and there are really stupid allusions to it being you behind the screen controlling everything via save data or some stuff like undertale did but worse. a lot worse. and theres the issue with most of the game feeling like the authors stuffty self inserts and possible cliches ripped from anime or something with one of the characters i guess trying to be "moe" by being a forgetin handicap all the time and another having also out of the blue having difficulties talking about his feelings so he texts you about it and has an emotional breakdown that lasts for like 30 seconds. its bad. the story feels like its being yanked by a chain from dumb character "development" to hey didnt you hear about thes murders arent they crazy and totally not caused by parallel universe forgetery as subtle as a volcano eruption. when klace supposedly died i just didnt give a stuff. also all the plot hooks were obvious as forget and i predicted klace would probably die because hes being led up to as furry with a heart of super gold like wow i wonder which one is going to die. also the writing gets pretentious as stuff sometimes with this one characters called ??? who pulls you into the multiverse sometimes trying to be a mind reader or some stuff and it failed horribly. the game basically tells you klace is cool and expects you to like give a damn about him probably because its the authors fursona. exclusively because its the authors fursona. its bad. there are also a bunch of haha were in japan quips like the main character actually describing one of the actions of another character as "something like out of an anime" like come on now you can be subtle. actually this game is proof positive subtle is not heard of among furries. subtle is exclusively in the realm of humanity and we must safeguard it as it is our dearest treasure. to sum it all up though the writing sucked.

now lets get to the real meat of this game. the one reason it sells copies and doesnt sell copies. the sunderer of a thousand internet forums and the claimant of millions of lives banned forever. the art. specifically the furry art. god it sucks. like look at any picture posted here it sucks. all of the characters are clearly special interest bait of some kind and seem to be designed to have pron made of them except all of them are animals with varying shades of neon and horrible mutations. the smug bird thing posted has loving cat ears and everyones hands are horribly mangled and huge. everyone also shares the same smug dreamworks face that looks like stuff and only shows the author can draw one type of face as the only face not drawn by the author is the awful looking crying cat thing previously posted. i think this is like the only time a character changes facial expression too even the other character that had an emotional breakdown just smugly stares. which is weird cause the author seems gay as forget according to his oc i would assume he would focus on the male characters but whatever. also all the backgrounds are stock images or some stuff and sometimes they mesh horribly especially in the subway thing where the chairs are gigantic. its just a bad looking game look at that stuff. if you think this game looks acceptable stop doing that furry or non furry.

i didnt want to talk about the gameplay of a visual novel because i didnt think i actually needed to but this game is lacking so much stuff that other visual novels have its ridiculous and i dont even play visual novels. for a game that repeatedly tells you and even gloats about how the choices matter it seems loving stupid they dont give you a quicksave option especially when there are clearly right and wrong decisions when it comes to getting the true ending as shown by the true ending flag count at the end of a playthrough. there is also no scrolling up to see text you might have missed and pressing escape to pause actually advances the loving game instead of bringing up an option menu of any kind which was something i painfully learned when i had to make a decision and wanted to see if there was a quick save feature the first time around. wow thanks game. the game instead has set save locations that arent labeled in the save menu so you loving have to constantly guess at which save has the decision that you probably want to redo and there are only 20 save slots and i used 16 for the first chapter to see everything. this game is stuff mechanically and its a visual novel where the most action there is to be had is deciding between at most 3 choices. also the inclusion of some sort of true ending seems loving dumb when this is shaping up to be grab your furry waifu and have at it the game. the true ending is probably you and klace. christ. klace is a loving dumb name too it sounds like a traditional jewish vegetable or something.

the sound in this game sounds like its ripped from rpgmaker and it probably is. ive become able to instantly spot rpgmaker games its scary. anyway yeah the music all sucks and is generic in a stuff way and comes in loud as forget for a milisecond completely killing whatever mood the game scrapped together and forcing the player to realize how stuff the music is. the sound effects are also ripped from rpgmaker and sound like ass and the text scrolling sound is particularly sonically ass-like and annoyed a bunch of people in the twitch chat when i streamed it complementing the art and writing perfectly.

the worst part about this game is that its not even close to being done yet is still being sold at probably full price and was moved out of early access. like holy hell this game isnt nearly close to being done and ive only done the first chapter which is also the only one available as others are supposedly going to be released monthly although my doubts for regular indie game early access updates has been proven sound for years now. why was this game taken out of early access. people can say oh its not a finished project wait for it to be done or some stuff for the sound and writing and whatever but its not. its supposedly in release state according to the developer. the game is ridiculously short for what youre paying aka $10 that could have been spent on something like not this loving game. i am of little doubt there are a hundreds of better and longer $10 games out there and probably two $5 or four $2.50 if you want to get mathmatic about that stuff. this game is a waste of money propped up solely because of furries with no taste blindly accepting whatever stuff gets shoved their way. the fact that this even exists to the semi-fame it has is furries. thus furries are once again responsible for bad things happening. thanks furries.

i have now reworked the tier to include a furry tier due to space funeral 4 and this game being similar enough to warrant one.

essential games
bad tier
  yume nikki

unessential games
good tier
  profit motive

decent tier
  chrono trigger
  station 37
  skelemania
  the witch's house
  sluggish morss
  space funeral
  mimicry man

mediocre tier
  ib
  space funeral: the legend of earth birth
  hylics
  mogeko castle

extremely unessential games
boring tier
  presentable liberty
  spookys house of jump scares
  lieat
  ananke
  super columbine massacre rpg
  ao oni
  inflation quest
  stellar 2d

furry tier
  major/minor
  space funeral 4

hell
worse than Riddler tier
  the gray garden

off tier
  off

worse than off tier
  wadanohara and the great blue sea
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:14:08 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

and im doing it
major/minor round 2 only at http://www.twitch.tv/offisbad if you missed out the first time or can handle a second go

I'm gonna buy it

if you want another self-insert furry game to play there's Amorous
it's made by the popufur animator jasonafex. in case you're wondering whether or not this guy likes himself a lot: "Amorous is a furry dating game currently in production by Jasonafex and the other members of Team Amorous."
I don't think I can link to the website though cus it's a love game. the site is sfw but given that it links to an installer for a furry research dating simulator I don't think it would be reasonable
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:19:29 AM by Foxscotch »

major/minor
Don't forget to to wash off the after-taste with quality games.

I'm gonna buy it

if you want another self-insert furry game to play there's Amorous
it's made by the popufur animator jasonafex. in case you're wondering whether or not this guy likes himself a lot: "Amorous is a furry dating game currently in production by Jasonafex and the other members of Team Amorous."
I don't think I can link to the website though cus it's a love game. the site is sfw but given that it links to an installer for a furry research dating simulator I don't think it would be reasonable
you mean tweening master :V

i'm glad they put about an afternoon's work into it

you mean tweening master :V

and huge cunt to all living life, apparently

i got cards for it and holy hell one of the basic ones was like 40c so i sold it and told the guy who bought it to yiff in hell

also i bought a game that looked like off
http://store.steampowered.com/app/410670/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:10:19 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

OH MY GOD THE GUARD DOGS ARE HUMANS AND THE GUARDS ARE DOGS???

WHAT CUTTING EDGE SOCIAL COMMENTARY

i got cards for it and holy hell one of the basic ones was like 40c so i sold it and told the guy who bought it to yiff in hell

Iiirc some of the backgrounds go for 20$, like the creators self insert oc

Iiirc some of the backgrounds go for 20$, like the creators self insert oc
bruh

alright hold the forget up that forgetin dog's name is inumi

as in 'inu' the japanese word for 'dog' plus an extra random gibberish syllable to make it sound like a name

what the forget did i miss in the stream