6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167653 times)

that game sucked

that was also probably the most boring stream of all time
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:54:03 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

review for suits coming soon

Iiirc some of the backgrounds go for 20$, like the creators self insert oc
Yeah it's the only real noteworthy thing to say about the game. The trading cards, emoticons, and backgrounds go for an absurd amount of money (for what they are anyway). Personally I think this would be a good opportunity to make some dosh, but I don't think anybody has bought even a single one of those backgrounds yet.

You can always check the graphs to see what actually sells and how often.
The background for ??? the Edgelord sold 1 on Jan 1st for CDN$ 12.15, 2 on Jan 2nd for 10.47 and 37.70.
"Popstar On the Prowl" (jesus forget ycyl material) sells more frequently (why) but not for as much.

Half the emotes are loving ripoffs. They're just gears.

suits: a business rpg

look at this picture.

tier list

essential games
bad tier
  yume nikki

unessential games
good tier
  profit motive

decent tier
  chrono trigger
  station 37
  skelemania
  the witch's house
  sluggish morss
  space funeral
  mimicry man

mediocre tier
  ib
  space funeral: the legend of earth birth
  hylics
  mogeko castle

extremely unessential games
boring tier
  presentable liberty
  spookys house of jump scares
  lieat
  ananke
  super columbine massacre rpg
  ao oni
  inflation quest
  stellar 2d

furry tier
  major/minor
  space funeral 4

hell
worse than Riddler tier
  the gray garden

off tier
  off

worse than off tier
  wadanohara and the great blue sea

ok ill do a real review give me a sec. that was actually like 4 days but whatever. they often say a picture say a thousand words but this picture only says like 13 and all of them can be thesaurused for awful. suits: a business rpg is an rpg made in rpgmaker that somehow managed to get on steam probably through the magic of greenlight and it looking like off. and yes the game is undoubtedly self conscious about it being pretty brazenly off in art style. thankfully it avoids a lot of the stuff off did but instead replaces it with its own. super. it feels like the game devs wanted this to be like off so bad but then like halfway through realized they didnt give a stuff about anything and were like forget it and behold pic related. despite it being stuff the replacement stuff stinks noticeably less than the off stuff that they could have put in instead so congratulations. this game still sucks ass especially in the later parts but it sucks ass at all parts so was there a point in differentiating. the answer is no. the answer to should i buy this game even if its like 56 cents is also no. stop reading the review now if you want. also its like 3-4 hours or something thought i should throw that in there just in case.

anyway might as well talk about the general feel of this game in relation to off because might as well i mean weve all been brought together by it and it features a forgetin blatant off cameo excessively early in the game. this very quickly veers into joke game haha territory except none of the jokes are really funny but ill get to that. it tries to set up a sort of hyper dystopian corporate world and by tries i mean it seems to alternate between like sort of trying and loving around with so bad theyre still bad jokes. maybe the setting was supposed to be a joke too but the joke was so bad i tried to take it seriously. either way the setting is remarkably close to off except instead of playing as the batter or some stuff youre playing as one of the npcs who forget around collecting resources or whatever who gasp when you talk to them except you dont gasp anymore. you dont actually but its pretty forgetin close and im sure the devs did this semi intentionally although i doubt much intelligent design really went into this as seen by the picture and other things. other points of interest are the soundtrack which seems to be the off soundtrack but worse. like really i dont know if there are youtube videos of this ost but its just like a bad attempt to emulate off again. i just googled it there isnt anything and i dont feel like uploading it to mediafire. the art is offs battle pencil drawings except now almost universal barring your ass ugly character sprite like holy hell is that not the ugliest sprite you have ever seen in anything that cost money but you have to see it in motion to truly grasp its badness. so yeah theres offs weird pencil stuff + pixel art thing. i dont know probably some other stuff too i dont really care. also im not stating that being like off automatically makes it stuff as im sure anyone can recycle a bunch of off assets or ideas into something good but this game is just rooster much like its spiritual predecessor.

anyway a big difference is that it uses a more standard turn based rpg system as opposed to offs chrono trigger one. the combat, while still stuff, is no longer hindered by a stuffty and arbitrary time limit preventing you from immediately beating the stuff out of things or escaping. escaping from unessential fights is also incredibly fast as you have a 100% escape chance so you can bail the forget out of all random encounters which still exist for some reason but they happen in a select few areas and rather infrequently so i dont really give a stuff about them unlike in off where those forgeters would fly at you. make no mistake though the combat is dogstuff and every time the game forces you to kill stuff to advance which is frequently its boring as forget because the combat is seriously just repeating one gimmick over and over again if you want to succeed. that gimmick is spamming the one move that inflicts paralysis, which makes enemies incapable of doing anything at all, over and over to almost infinitely stunlock enemies while your other party member wails on the forgeters. the game seems to actively encourage this by having most enemies do assloads of damage (one of the bosses had an instakill move that it used frequently) necessitating the use of the same stun/beatdown strategy for every encounter you cant flee. its boring as piss and takes loving forever to do because damage to paralyzed enemies is reduced for some reason. there is no other way around using this strategy because your skill/magic/whatever count is loving low as hell and basically every one that isnt the one paralyze move is either useless or a damage dealer or both. you get like 10 total between two party members for an entire game and 8/10 are damage ones. theres also a large number of hit all enemy skills that are loving useless due to you almost never fighting groups larger than one. also there is no healer sort of thing and you rely on consumables to keep you healthy which is a weird as forget system that i dont see why they included because it doesnt do anything other than force you to buy consumables you would buy already.  the other gameplay is basically just combat and some minor exploration that doesnt lead to anything interesting so im done with that stuff.

anyway lets get into the real meat of every rpg ever made the loving writing and characters and story and stuff. is there a word to compress all of that down. i mean i dont really feel like i need to separately review each category because they are all pretty stuff but whatever lets go. the games in general suffers from "i dont really give a stuff about any of this stuff can the game end already please" syndrome. the world isnt engaging and the plot isnt interesting and the characters i dont think they even exist. like your second party member has 2 lines or some stuff and you never hear from him again characterization. the npcs are mostly for jokes and item selling so none of them really pertain to anything. i guess because its a joke game ill have to review the humor or some stuff so here we go. its not funny enough to survive 10 minutes let alone 4 hours. some of what the npcs say or some other gimmicks are mildly entertaining and by mild i mean really mild and for the first like part of the game it wasnt absolutely awful. then the final acts begin and it goes from barely awake to mind boggling garbage. i hope you enjoy the endless bag of loving funny that is reference humor oh my god please let it end. like it was prevalent and usually sort of subtle although writing or anything is not this games strong suit but this is full force sonic speed right into your loving star fish reference humor now. like blatantly making popular youtubers into enemies and also sheldon from big bang theory for absolutely no reason other than to say bazinga ironically. like the youtubers thing is really bad too for some reason filthy frank is caught up in all this stuff like come on he doesnt even do video games. for real when i saw filthy frank in this game its like im done. then i saw the fedora thing and i was like im incredibly done. im sure other awful internet jokes make their way into the game but its like a week since i played it and i dont think anyone really cares if i catalog all of them but it was awful. forget this game for real.

anyway so far ive started almost every paragraph with anyway also the graphics are ok i guess. everything but the forgetawful spriting is okay i guess. the enemy designs are pretty graphically creative and certainly better than whatever off has and the game as a whole looks better than off with its unique i guess pencily thing it has going on but i really dont care because it certainly isnt saving the series and its basically unimportant.

anyway the music yeah i already talked about it just listen to offs soundtrack mixed with space funeral soundtrack but imagine if it was worse. i dont remember any outstanding sound design issues so whatever time to kill myself.

anyway this game is ass the end its like 5 am forget outta here. if you want a real business rpg that is not stuff play profit motive seriously do it right now forgeter.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:46:24 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

oh my god
fedoria euphoria
what

Oh god, you need to play GabeN: The Final Decision. I've been mainly playing it for 4 minute's and the dialogue is very bad.

Crypt World: Your Darkest Desires, check it out, it's dumb and I played way too much of it

Damn The Final Decision suck's.

would say that game I PM'd you but since you're streaming now thats a notsogood idea
hmm
this looks boring enough

done finally

would say that game I PM'd you but since you're streaming now thats a notsogood idea
hmm
this looks boring enough
im not streaming every game especially after the borefest that is suits plus theres probably a few sites i can stream that
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025603704/recommended/410670 steam review lets go
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:47:35 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

ill probably do planetside 2 next since it disappointed me and i want to review an actually relevant game
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:12:21 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

anyway

planetside 2
no pictures because you all know what it is

planetside 2 is a mmofps about 3 factions beating the stuff out of each other for control of a planet. the main gimmick of this stuff is that it supports battles of hundreds of players in a mmo styled noninstanced world and you actually can conquer continents on the planet although all victories are temporary for gameplay reasons. and yea there are battles with hundreds of players when stuff gets really heated and anyone can jump into a big battle at any time. that would be good if it was actually fun to fight in those battles and its usually not due to the gunfighting being bad and bad map design and other stuff like that. also the scope for a giant ass sci fi battle being limited to gun/tank/air fights is really lame as stuff like its basically just battlefield of duty with a big playercount and a few gimmicks added on also anyone saying call of duty and battlefield are different significantly needs to check themselves. also it has an upgrade shop but from what ive seen the guns you can get are mostly sidegrades and earning enough in game sci fi dollars isnt hard and basically you wont get stomped by players whove played for longer just because of gear although there is definitely some upgrade stuff going on with class suits or whatever which give you new stats and can be upgraded so a level 1 class suit stuff will be outclassed by a level 5 one. although i loathe any sort of grinding shop i will admit that for some reason it attracts all the lower life forms who enjoy skinner boxes and definitely contributes to a games running time via the sheer amount of leeches who enjoy grinding up for new guns latching onto it so it is thus "acceptable" to me. man i forgetin hate grinding and any of you dregs who defend it.

the gunplay is bad. gunplay being everything related to killing other people and thats the movement and stuff as well as the guns. maybe im too used to faster games where you can actually maneuver or expected some sort of speed related sci fi gadget but god do you move slow in this game. this doesnt actually impact getting to places since all of the areas where stuff goes down are pretty close to each other and everything else and the easy accessibility of small ass transport vehicles as well as the ability to redeploy wherever theres a spawn set up at any time keeps the action fresh. the problem is the action isnt fresh it sucks ass. due to the slow speed and iron sights slowing people down even more gun fighting is just so loving slow it usually boils down into a race to get the easiest headshots ever. also if one guy gets his ass flanked aka shot at before the other guy reacts hes forgetin dead almost all of the time because its just so impossible to dodge anything. its almost impossible to win a 2v1 due to how easy it is to just light people up. maybe you can forget around explosives but forget it. shooting people is so boring in this game holy stuff. the class system seems to be designed around this boring ass shooting too with like half of them being about flanking your enemy to use this garbage system to your advantage. theres even a tooltip that says go flank people. its disappointing.

this is all exacerbated by the map design which is specifically how the capture points are done and they are done badly. the entire games foundation is based on a capture point system where you have to cap and hold them to grab a territory and thats cool im down with that except the problems happen when they are all in building complex things and many of these buildings completely invalidate the heavy vehicles which are often barred from even entering an enemy base because of some shield stuff they have going on but its not like they would do much inside the base when a billion dudes with rockets await to forget up anything that looks mechanical. everything devolves into infantry v infantry cap fights which are as stated not fun. then again the vehicle combat isnt too fun either since they rarely have a chance to kill anything except fellow vehicle guys on the outskirts of a base and the mobile spawn point van if its reachable. from what ive seen there are no outside cap points or anything where vehicles would have any sort of drastic effect considering infantry dudes can also kill the van and other vehicles just fine and even efficiently with the strongest infantry unit being the heavy assault who has the most health via his shield and also a rocket and a lmg and the lmgs dont suck ass in this game for once so everyone plays that stuff. the only time vehicles really come into play is when in an unexpected twist two groups of army dudes meet in one of the plains between bases or when some tard forgets up the spawn van and its far away as hell from the base being attacked. when that stuff happens it gets crazy and tanks and planes and stuff are everywhere and the combined arms firepower really wows me but it only happened once in my like 9 hours of play. other than that the maps accommodate the boring flanking based playstyle well with from what ive seen enough gimmicks for all of the classes to forget around and flank each other or charge to death at a stalemate spot.

anyway talking about the vehicles and stuff really reminds me of my main gripe with this and its about the stuff they didnt do with what they had instead of what they did. this game suffers a lot from what i like to call blockland new years eve server syndrome where it has a stuffload of players but instead of doing anything groundbreaking that requires that many players to even work they have people listen to loops for three hours in a server that apparently took the entire year to build like was that really the best you came up with. yeah im taking shots by the way lets go new years forgeters i will forget you up. anyway planetside is in a similar situation where you have a massive world and hundreds or possibly thousands of players are fighting with a bunch of sci fi stuff and the biggest vehicle available is a tank that is maybe 8 feet tall that doesnt even matter with a ton of players moving like its the 21st century. you got this massive as forget map and do not have massive as forget super mechs or giant air things or faster players and combat that is anything outside of a war of positioning. why cant vehicles be useful and battles actually happen where they are effective or some mechanic that allows vehicles to forget stuff up be implemented. the best moment i had in this game was that one combined fire incident where stuff was going down everywhere. it would easily give the factions more spice with radically different design philosophies producing more than just guns with more/less bullets/stopping power/energy beams. it seems as though development of the game wont actually go towards developing this into something larger than 120 player battlefield painted with halo which is a real shame. like come on add something that looks like its from supreme commander or this basically isnt a real sci fi fps. do it pusillanimous individual. some sort of real base destruction would be cool too. but alas this game has been out for 4 years and the development train appears firmly on track so what i want is probably forgeted.

apparently there is some sort of lore stuff for this game but while i played it the only thing that really came to me lore wise was a general faction overview for each one and that they went through a wormhole and got their asses stuck when it collapsed eve online style. ill treat the lore like i treat the halo lore in that most of the halo lore backstory stuff is based in a ton of books and this is based in a ton of wiki articles which arent actually in the game so i dont really care plus the lore whatever never shows in game so its basically a separate entity and thus anyone who wants to do wiki reviews this is up for grabs go for it. similarly all of the named characters there dont show up in game so characterization is out. none of that really matters though so whatever. some sort of player driven story thing in the form of giant ass battles would be sweet and i dont know if they have any but if they dont they should since there is care being given to lore. what im really wondering is where is the civilian population in this massive planetary war unless this is like some doomsday everyones a soldier scenario which would explain how each side is able to constantly replace losses.

the music was generic and forgettable for all sides except the nc who had an alright theme for the character select but really not much else. like really its barely audible over the continuous gunfire going on constantly but when i did hear it it wasnt anything interesting. sound design is mostly a lot of gun shooting noises and is what youre going to be hearing most and sounds alright it does the job.

the graphics are pretty good and each faction has its own unique aesthetic which isnt really like super special or anything but it is enough that you can insult people based on allegiance in global chat ie forget you purple richardsuckers which is all i need. the battle graphics for when stuff is incredibly real ie combined arms fights is good as hell and tracers and stuff go everywhere and its crazy but outside of it its usually just infantry fights in generic sci fi buildings so whatever. the game looks good and much better than everything ive reviewed so far based sheerly on production value so go crazy. its certainly not a bad looking game its like a triple a title of course it looks good.

anyway what should i write as a summary. uh forget i dont know probably something about the errors of wasted potential and the futileness of combating stockholder wishes to push something proven profitable instead of unique or some stuff but whatever i dont give a forget i didnt pay for it. have fun with your boring game if you enjoy it i guess it certainly has its appeal.

essential games
bad tier
  yume nikki

unessential games
good tier
  profit motive

decent tier
  chrono trigger
  station 37
  skelemania
  the witch's house
  sluggish morss
  space funeral
  planetside 2
  mimicry man

mediocre tier
  ib
  space funeral: the legend of earth birth
  hylics
  mogeko castle

extremely unessential games
boring tier
  presentable liberty
  spookys house of jump scares
  lieat
  ananke
  super columbine massacre rpg
  ao oni
  inflation quest
  stellar 2d

furry tier
  major/minor
  space funeral 4

hell
worse than Riddler tier
  the gray garden

off tier
  off

worse than off tier
  wadanohara and the great blue sea
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:41:21 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

planetside 2 is fantastic when theres a three-way with nearly everyone on the continent in a single area