6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167603 times)

alright im doing it

next up: space funeral

selecting items in the menu is ear piercing jesus loving christ
woah why you gotta hate on space funeral

woah why you gotta hate on space funeral
actually i dont and i thought it was pretty good as a sort of micro off that took most of the bad stuff from it and left us with ms paint graphics and that loving menu sound but i have to write the full thing first

ok time for the forgetin space funeral review

space funeral is an rpg thats about one to two hours long. its about some crying kid on his quest to fix the world he is in. this may sound deep at first glance but it basically means you forget around until you get to macguffin city. it isnt actually a horror game despite the title and first areas best attempts to convince you as any horror forgets off entirely once you get out of that stuffhole and into real men areas. then it just becomes a whack ass rpg with similar combat mechanics to off someone tell me if this is rpgmaker standard please. much like off it rides heavily on the surrealness of the world except the game really does not give a stuff about anything partly because it is like an hour long and partly because i think the devs for the most part stopped trying to make the game go in any direction whatsoever after they got bored of their attempt at horror in the first area(s). i want to emphasize how much the game does not give a forget because look at it holy stuff the graphics look like trash but it sort of suits the game because it just does not give a forget. the graphics arent actually displeasing to the eye barring aethetics ie no bright flying obnoxious colors or anything outside of a certain area.

despite all of this stuff the music is decent and as weird as the rest of the game as it varies from grainy acoustic guitar with japanese vocals to babbys first experiments with electronic music via the bbc and everything sounds decent and fitting except for the ear destroying high pitched option select sound which you cannot loving turn off. most importantly the combat is far, far better than off i mean holy stuff this game took everything that was stuff about offs combat and removed it entirely and improved it in like every facet except the loving option select sound which plays when you select attacks forget that stuff. this loving game removed random encounters and now enemies patrol the map and try to run into you to initiate combat but you can avoid them. boy i sure do wish a critically acclaimed french rpg had a similar system. it also has faster attack timer things meaning battles end much quicker and moves cost more strong attack things so you cant spam them like they contribute to your yacht fund. of course this is hampered by the combat being largely irrelevant as your character can go from level 1 to god in like 10 encounters and forget every enemy in the game up after that but i think that its better to avoid a stuffty combat system instead of being bogged down by it and considering this game exists largely as a documentary of the effects of lsd and the universal law that it just does not give a stuff is still in effect i think they made the right decision.

the story itself is basically not noteworthy except that it has more character development than off because off sucks. you are a fat sad kid who is doomed or some stuff according to a wizard and so naturally you try to get undoomed while also crying all the time because you live in the part of hell all the crackheads go. tl note: you do not actually live in hell. npcs serve to sell you items or give random quips that further the games complete detachment from reality and really are just a bored coders stream of conscious given sprite and chat bubble form. nothing is exceptional other than the fact that there is dialog between a future party member i cannot name under spoiler oath and the world that made me actually like it. really though if you are playing space funeral for the story reevaluate your life.

the game exists to serve as a vessel into the effects of alienation caused by post industrial societies upon bored programmers who have nothing better to do condensed into like 2 hours. its an experience and although i wouldnt recommend anyone go out and immediately play it you should give it consideration as an alternative to when you are bored and feel like jacking off. overall its better than off by enough of a margin to put it in decent enough game league so whatever. do what you want im just some guy on a lego forum.

this apparently was popular enough to garner 2 released fan sequels and a few in development which i may or may not play in the future http://forgetyeahspacefuneral.tumblr.com/post/43514870140/space-funeral-games-master-post-the-original
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:03:49 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

wow that was actually longer than the off review what the forget

why am i not working for video game journalism
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:54:39 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

i'm not sure if those last two paragraphs are just your lunacy leaking into the review or actually relevant to the game

next up is a game suggested by an anonymous fan called lieat and it is uh

this
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:02:00 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

by the way im taking game suggestions now and as you can see my standards hit rock bottom a while ago so go for it

at this point you might as well play yume nikki

you could play everyone's favourite rpg maker spook, ao oni

or you could cry by playing oneshot

neither of these have encounters or leveling up and i'm not exactly sure why they were made in rpg maker

play a game on coolmath