6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167604 times)

next up is a game suggested by an anonymous fan called lieat and it is uh
-snip-

this
have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

the only rpgs ive ever finished were pokemon and paper mario

i love lieat it's an adorable and cute trilogy :)

there are belts on this sword

yes do this

i agree
mimics are adorable i learned that in dark souls

so lieat

lieat is a detective jrpg thing where you are tasked with gathering info about a vampire thing that may or may not exist im not spoiling forget you in one of those backwater jrpg villages. you play a guy whos main characteristic is his ability to be a richard to everyone and get away with it and because this is japanese he is accompanied by a little girl who is also a dragon with the power to eat lies or some stuff. im not going into the lie power because its convoluted and i dont feel like playing the game until i find out but whatever it helps him solve stuff sometimes. anyway the game probably looks the best of all the two games ive played so far, toting a very anime artystyle and loving cutscenes holy stuff they are like 3 seconds long but animated and i didnt believe that these games could have cutscenes what the forget. the music is decent and sort of boring but not boring enough to annoy anyone and it sets the mood of jrpg backwater village satisfactorily enough. sadly all other elements of the game are just boring as stuff although it lasts a mercifully short 30 or so minutes.

the characters and those characters seem to be the main focus of the game are one dimensional boring forgets. you play as the aforementioned richard who is in the village because he wants to gather info about the vampire and sell it to unknown people not in the game because hes a con artist or some stuff. in the process he shows that he can logically connect blatantly obvious clues together and his mastery of being a rooster and those are his defining characteristics not including his stereotypical super anime as forget outfit of white hair/read coat/red eyes/facial scar. following him is little girl dragon who lucked out on the one character trait roulette and rolled dumb. everything she says and does seems like its painfully, intentionally stupid to show off how moe she is or something. i know that she is a child and children are generally stupid but forget you i didnt like the character anyway blow me write your own review. anyway they live in jrpg backwater where everyone else also has only one stereotypical character trait except they somehow manage to be more forgettable than our main characters. its worse because this game feels like it exists to show off how kawaii desu ne the dragon thing is so the appeal is lost on me because im not in the position or wanting to order $100 figures of her from japan.

the story and the means it conveys itself are equally boring. the twist at the end is mind numbing and its painfully obvious if the vampires exist or not and who the vampire is and it feels like its just a means to convey more info about dragon loli and now thats what i call edgy the hedgehog and this would be fine except i dont like the characters so its not fine. the way you the story plays out is also boring im so bored holy stuff help im falling asleep on my kebjkwaesdakool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klubkool kids klub forget it. the way the detective work plays out is basically non existent. for the most part you just talk to everyone and examine everything and go to a certain location once you did all of that to continue the story and that is boring as stuff but it gets worse when the actual detective mechanics come into play. sometimes knuckles the shadow enchilada brings along the dragon and has her act like scooby doo except instead of eating scooby snacks she eats the corpses of the personifications of lies to find out if they are truths or not and i dont loving know how it works dont ask me. what this means is that sometimes when you talk to people 2 lie and 2 truth things spawn around them and you have to go up to them and talk to them and then remember what other people said to determine if its a lie or a truth. this would be good game mechanic if it had any depth whatsoever as it doest actually matter if you guess wrong because you just beat up the truth in generic rpg combat and dragon says its not a lie and there is no consequence so you basically can just go around hitting all 4 of them until the game progresses because you managed to kill the right ones. they also do not shuffle or anything so the maximum number of ones you will ever hit is 2 before you know which ones are lies. this is thematically appropriate if the games theme is boring but it isnt because off did that first. basically it sucks and is boring and uninspired and lacks depth which is what the game seems to be running with so whatever.

the combat isnt memorable but its better than off but off is the reason Riddler invaded france and ubisoft invented uplay so it doenst count. combat feels like it exists exclusively to further the story as combat battles are almost impossible to die at and consists of attacking repeatedly and maybe using a skill thing. i dont think anyone cares about the combat because its primarily a detective rpg thing so whatever its like if there was combat in professor layton or something. noone cares and its thankfully short whenever it appears as the only way to get into combat is to run into lies. so basically yeah not even i care and neither should anyone who reads this.

in the end what we have here is a mercifully short boring ass rpg that i dont think anyone would care about if it didnt feature a sugoi girl and i dont think anyone cares about it anyway. its so loving boring jesus forget im going to kill myself except it ended once i finally managed to get the rope tied to my ceiling fan. i think it forgot it was a game and tried to play itself off as a visual novel except at least in those you can generally make choices that alter the actions of characters. here we have a boring linear rpg boring as boring boring boring its boring.
its boring but not off boring the end.

you can get it and its sequels and other stuff here http://www.vgperson.com/games/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:54:42 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

stuff theyre getting longer

power ranking is

space funeral
lieat
off
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:48:50 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

power ranking is

space funeral
lieat
off
alright, what's next? mimicry man?

alright, what's next? mimicry man?
yeah probably everyone seems to want it

power ranking is

space funeral
lieat
off
is that from worst to """"best""""

who the forget would sort ascending?

well take a guess depending on where 'off' is placed

thank you for your contribution towards society

space funeral was the "best" in that it wasnt actually a good game or a game or anything but it was fun for whatever it was and better than the other two and although i wont say that everyone and their mother should play it consider it if you are bored and are looking for something to kill time