6 (25%)
no
7 (29.2%)
maybe
6 (25%)
yes
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: off loving sucks  (Read 167660 times)

what i was saying was that the game i mentioned, Palette, was made in a really old rpgmaker version (2000)
yet these games made in the newest version somehow have worse gameplay
i don't really understand how this happens but its probably just cos i'm looking at the wrong rpgmaker games
and there probably are newer rpgmaker games with decent gameplay

oh right lol sorry. the engine is very similar between versions, but i think the audience for rpgmaker games probably nowadays is more likely to promote games where the main interest is in the art style/story, after games like the ones op mentioned. and that's fine, im just also not into those games. gotta play both palette and blank dream first before i come to preemptive conclusions though!

Try Mona LISA. That might make you VERY mad.

mimicry man

in mimicry man you play as a sentient mimic chest thing who is tasked by the dark lord to kill the hero via finding the solar sword and putting it inside you so you can kill the hero when he goes to grab it from your chest so he will finally give you a castle. hes a richard and doesnt give you anything to help you so you start with some herb you found on the ground and have to work your way through an item tree via luring people near you with items they want and murdering them so by the end of the game you probably killed through multiple kingdoms. the game plays this off with humor and it seems to be foremost a comedy game and time waster and the gags are decent enough. this game really feels like im playing a better doodle god from japan and thats really the only comparison i could make with any other title ive played. the game lasts like 30 minutes which actually helps it because of its limited item tree and sort of boring gameplay. would probably work well if ported to phones and i would recommend it over doodle god but it falls into the same "not really a game but a fun whatever it is for a bit" experience i keep having with these titles.

graphics are pretty good at portraying what they want to portray aka a bunch of jrpg cliches and items. they arent ever noteworthy or anything but all the items and npcs have distinct and distinguishable sprites and what were you expecting from mimicry man this stuff isnt the witcher. the sound effects can get grating, specifically the area swap one, but you aren't missing anything having the sound off as the music isn't really needed considering you hear like 5 seconds of a song before swapping to some other place and hearing a different one. the music itself isnt anything to write home about either as it follows the trend of the rest of the game by being cliche x biome jrpg music. overall everything about the aesthetic is generic jrpg and it plays it so well that it would be hard to tell mimicry man from an actual rpgmaker game at first glance so i guess they did a good job if they were gunning for that.

if youve ever played doodle god way back in the day you will relate that to this game. as said before you start with a herb and go postal for other things similar to doodle gods element combining system except not extremely stuff. for starters you trade the item you were offering for the item you were getting, losing it in the process and cutting down on the massive clusterforget of possible combinations doodle god had. this streamlining is actually good because in doodle god you would spend like hours searching for ways to combine your stuff at higher levels, a problem that this game avoids through said straightforwardness among other stuff. other bloat-cutting features include npcs giving hints to what they want and what they drop making it far less frustrating to proceed in the game if you run into a wall and an item tree on command that shows which items can be combined or given to people so you know what to gun for. this game really is just doodle god but better i mean like stuff why did the doodle god people forget up so badly i didnt even have to use a guide for this also if youve played doodle god you would not shame me for using a guide because forget that stuff. for all its improvements its still just a combine things to see what you get simulator and that isnt really fun for any extended periods of time. it already seems like its hitting its limit when you near the endgame but someone on the dev team was smart enough to cut it off before anyone got too bored.

the jokes are pretty decent and consistent throughout the game which is good considering this is an overt comedy game. most of the jokes come from dialog between people you are about to kill and their reactions to the items you have out as pictured above but there are some more overt ones like the dark lord and the chest's movement. they are not enough to push the title any further from where it is and merely exist as a side distraction thing to help alleviate boredom although youve mostly run through all of them by the endgame unless you whip out specific items that wont do anything but make npcs react anyway which was a nice touch. none of them feel too out of place or forced though and it helps keep the title going sort of for its thiry minute run

overall it falls in with space funeral for the thing you can do if youre bored and dont have anything else planned category except this feels and is much more of a casual time waster than space funeral. if you are browsing flash sites for god knows why in 2015 and consider trying doodle god remember my sage advice and dont play doodle got because its stuff and maybe try this because its less stuff. thats it really its basically a flash game in rpgmaker with some jokes might as well do this instead of kongregate. i still like space funeral better.

power ranking

decent time waster tier
1. space funeral
2. mimicry man.

boring tier
3. lieat

off tier
10000. off
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:22:23 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

now i need a new game to play so shoot for it

play jojo's bizarre adventure all star battle

you should play some stuffty game maker games
like presentable liberty

thank you for your contribution towards society

Try Mona LISA. That might make you VERY mad.
forget you, Lisa is a good game and you know it.

actually you should play 7th stand user since its made in rpg maker

ill get a forgetin strawpoll up hold on also now im not doing exclusively rpgmaker because of the demand

ive sold out

wow loving sellout I never want to see your face on this forum ever again

one way heroics was made in a game maker

wow loving sellout I never want to see your face on this forum ever again
i dont need friends when i get a minimum wage job at ign
anyway the contestants are

1bitheart http://www.vgperson.com/games/1bitheart.htm

jojo's bizzare adventure - the 7th stand user http://7thjojo.tumblr.com/post/98202338885/after-several-months-in-the-making-the-7th-stand

presentable liberty http://gamejolt.com/games/presentable-liberty/42997

lieat 2 http://www.vgperson.com/games/lieat2.htm
you know what this is

http://strawpoll.me/5705016
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:55:09 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

cave story was ok
ill add this to the op
thanks
what the forget cave story was great

it didn't bring anything new to the table but it was a picture perfect side-scroller (barring one flaw).
Cave Story wasn't made in RPG maker.

Cave Story wasn't made in RPG maker.
you missed the memo where i became a corporate whore and opened the gates to the non rpgmaker masses
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:01:00 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »