Author Topic: oRBs Official Release With Mod Manager  (Read 23773 times)

You need to either convert your add-ons with the RTB to oRBs converter, or use Crispy's add-on to support RTB prefs.
^ This is just ridiculous.

^ This is just ridiculous.

I by far prefer that this be a separate add-on.
Although it would be easy to support the RTB prefs, most old add-ons search for the RTB files rather than checking if the function exists.
This is normal for any add-on that started with a letter after R since it is loaded in reverse order in Blockland and add-ons need to execute the hook file if it has not already been loaded..
To support this, I would need to add a script to check if RTB exists, and overwrite it's functions or dynamically create a new RTB add-on so that old add-ons looking for the file can find it.
I do not want to overwrite an add-on if a user already has it.
This makes things overly complex.
Having a distinct add-on for people that prefer not to run the oRBs converter is, from my point of view, much better.
I hope this helps shed light on my reasoning about supporting RTB prefs.

The fact that you find this ridiculous is your point of view and you are welcome to have it.
You are free, as anyone else to choose to not run this if these two simple solutions evade your abilities or exceeds the amount of time/patience you have.

I by far prefer that this be a separate add-on.
Although it would be easy to support the RTB prefs, most old add-ons search for the RTB files rather than checking if the function exists.
This is normal for any add-on that started with a letter after R since it is loaded in reverse order in Blockland and add-ons need to execute the hook file if it has not already been loaded..
To support this, I would need to add a script to check if RTB exists, and overwrite it's functions or dynamically create a new RTB add-on so that old add-ons looking for the file can find it.
I do not want to overwrite an add-on if a user already has it.
This makes things overly complex.
Having a distinct add-on for people that prefer not to run the oRBs converter is, from my point of view, much better.
I hope this helps shed light on my reasoning about supporting RTB prefs.

The fact that you find this ridiculous is your point of view and you are welcome to have it.
You are free, as anyone else to choose to not run this if these two simple solutions evade your abilities or exceeds the amount of time/patience you have.

Do you possibly know why System_ReturnToBlockland (the one you edited) was giving me run time errors?

Do you possibly know why System_ReturnToBlockland (the one you edited) was giving me run time errors?

I'm sorry I really don't know why that version would give you any error as that was basically RTB with no modification and only the connecting point for the chat was changed in it.

At some point rtb will join all add-on names to a string to send it to the rtb server (this was used for the info window in the server list)

If you have too many add-ons this will overflow the string buffer and crash. The code doesn't do anything anymore as the rtb server is down, so you can probably just comment it out.

is it just shift+tab to open the overlay? it's not working for me

is it just shift+tab to open the overlay? it's not working for me
The default key combo for oRBs is Ctrl+Tab

This automatically disables VCE add-ons

For some reason I can't connect to IRC and also Preferences in the Server Control panel don't show up.
Anyone else have these issues?

For some reason I can't connect to IRC and also Preferences in the Server Control panel don't show up.
You need to delete the original RTB but just to warn you, If you have VCE they wont work with oRBs

i do i cant connect to the irc

i do i cant connect to the irc
The entire IRC is down right now, I can't connect either.

You need to either convert your add-ons with the RTB to oRBs converter, or use Crispy's add-on to support RTB prefs.
Can someone link this add-on?

You need to delete the original RTB but just to warn you, If you have VCE they wont work with oRBs
I didn't have the original RTB. Anyways I swapped back to the original RTB because I also found out myself that VCE gets disabled.
I'm not sacrificing VCE to use an IRC or in-game friends list.