Author Topic: I've just been diagnosed with Glaucoma (STILL No Surgery!)  (Read 27688 times)

I would rather have not read that. My eyes are literally watering now.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that

Dang dude.  You can beat this.  It'll be worth it in the end.

[3:41:07 PM] Rigel Hernandez: hey
[3:41:12 PM] Rigel Hernandez: i was at the hospital
[3:41:20 PM] Rigel Hernandez: and then stayed at my aunt's house
[3:41:44 PM] Cumron: Why?
[3:41:52 PM] Rigel Hernandez: i got stitches pulled out of my eye with tweezers
[3:42:16 PM] Rigel Hernandez: if you want to know how that feels, pull out a long strand of hair
[3:42:24 PM] Rigel Hernandez: then put it between your thumb and your index finger
[3:42:28 PM] Rigel Hernandez: and pull it
[3:42:40 PM] Rigel Hernandez: now imagine that feeling except FROM YOUR EYEBALL
[3:42:42 PM] Rigel Hernandez: IT loving HURT

forget.

I come back to the hospital a month after the surgery and guess what? IT DIDN'T WORK. THE SURGERY DIDN'T WORK. The vision on my left eye is hanging on by a thread.

The only other options are either one of two risky surgeries, or stay on medication until I inevitably go blind. One surgery includes placing in implant in my eye, but it's risky in that it can become infected, as with all implants, or it might put the pressure too LOW making it an even worse problem. It could also push my eye back out of alignment giving me double vision. The other surgery includes pretty much turning my eye-lid into a bit of a valve, using my own tissue to absorb liquids from my eye. This is dangerous in that no one knows if it'll work or not, since they've only ever done it on older patients, like in their 50's and over.

So right now I'm on an eye-drop that blurs my vision for 2 hours every dose, making school work hell to do. AND NOW I'm on a pill that can give me kidney stones in the long-term, and dizzyness + tingly fingers in the short term.

I have yet to shed any tears on the matter. They must be conserved to aid the eye-drops in doing their thing. Too bad I can't say the same for my family. They're really having the stress and worry get to them. I'm honestly a bit more worried about my family at this point rather than my own vision, and I'm the youngest.

I keep winning the bullstuff lottery. But I must stay determined.

Oh forget, that really does not sound good.

If you want advice from me, I would say to think about the choice and whether you want the left eye or not. If you want it, then you can think about it, but if you don't, stay on medication.

That is all I can say.

holy forget that sounds awful dude

sorry to hear that

See if Google can help you out, they probably have something for this.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EyeScream

i feel really bad for you :(

See if Google can help you out, they probably have something for this.

webMD will not do anything to help glaucoma

webMD will not do anything to help glaucoma

Damn

I feel really bad for you OP

your best bet is really eventually going blind, the surgeries may be too risky, i wouldnt take them
you can still wear an eyepatch like a boss tho, look on the bright side :)