Author Topic: Tampermonkey Mod: Automatically compile Who's Online list into one page.  (Read 2054 times)

Title.  Everything gets sorted onto one page.  It's annoying going through 15 pages.

I know what you're talking about. but it's the same list. just without all the guests

I know what you're talking about. but it's the same list. just without all the guests
But it has none of the actions list on it.  I'm looking for the full list.

Everything gets sorted onto one page.  It's annoying going through 15 pages.
This implied I was talking about the expanded list.  If you're not going to listen and post intelligently, leave.

This implied I was talking about the expanded list.  If you're not going to listen and post intelligently, leave.
Erm
I think that's your own post you're replying so hostily to.

But it has none of the actions list on it.
why do you want that...?

why do you want that...?
Coordinating activities with other members?  Checking when would be the optimal time to PM someone.  Among a few others.

Coordinating activities with other members?
how will that help? just ask them what's up
Checking when would be the optimal time to PM someone.
there is no optimal time. what do you think is the optimal time, anyway?

convince me to make this script (disclaimer: not literally "me" necessarily, I mean, hypothetically)

Well here's another.

Those pages constantly change with members jumping up the list or moving down, depending on how active they are.  If it were on a single long list, you would find them easier by doing Ctrl/Cmd + F and typing in their name, or alternatively, typing in an action.

With some users, they respond better when they get the PM when they're online.  I don't know why, but it is something that I've noticed.

I thought I was the only one who checked the Who's Online actions list

I thought I was the only one who checked the Who's Online actions list
Nope.  I've seen you, myself, and maybe 20 or so others.

I guess I'll do it
I need practice messing with the DOM without jquery anyway

but
do you want it to happen automatically whenever you go to the page, or do you want to have to press a button first?
jk I'm gonna make it an option either way

also do you want it to include guests
another trick question, it's gonna be an option

I guess I'll do it
I'd automatically load it as a full list and then have the option to toggle.
And yeah disabling guests would be a nice option, too.  Thanks.

k

I got most of it done today
http://pastebin.com/b7Sc9gU5
what's left is bug fixes and stuff

issues:
  • the option variables at the top currently do squat, they're just there because later they will change things. like, they're never referenced or anything. so don't bother changing them (unless you want to I guess but it won't do anything). by default it doesn't include guests so don't be surprised when the new ones it loads aren't guests. and atm it automatically starts it whenever you go to that page, but when I properly implement the options the default setting will be to use a button to start it
  • the added table rows' colors are janked. not a big deal but it should be relatively easy to fix
  • perhaps the biggest issue! is that it sometimes adds users more than once. this is because people are constantly doing things every second (often, several people actually do things within a single second). so your initial request is fine. but by the time the server recieves the second request, the list might have already changed! and the people at the bottom of the first page would've been pushed down to the next page, which is what is then added to the main list. resulting in two instances of a single user
  • there's a little function that should remove the guests from the initial list too (so that there are no guests on the list at all), but, uh... it only works like, halfway, for some reason. I'll figure it out later
  • it functions on pages other than the first one. this is not intentional. it will only work on the first page of users when it's finished. if you're looking at other pages specifically, it is presumably intentional

there's one more "issue" if you wanna call it that. if the number of pages changes between your initial request and the subsequent ones, it doesn't do anything to correct it. I'm not gonna "fix" that. it's not going to have any effect on the use of this thing, and more importantly, it would require a lot of work and make the script far more complex than it needs to be

try to use it for a bit. it's pretty much usable, so it shouldn't be too bad to deal with. if you find any other problems, pls mention them