Halloween Pack

Author Topic: Halloween Pack  (Read 15646 times)

help I'm cringing
I guess it's good that OP is actually trying to make a halloween pack unlike everyone else
but even so it's kinda
eugh

Someone get the paper-bag Mocheeze playertype

I recommend you stick with the default style if your going to try and replicate the blockhead anyways. All free handing it does is look laughably off. And that minuscule cut in faces is so minuscule in this instance that we'd need a decimal number 3 feet long to measure it
It just looks off putting next to the player model ingame.
That small cut can actually make a big difference. Half the number of faces to be exact.
Where's the originality in ripping the default player anyways?

I don't think quads even work when it comes to DTS objects, like, only bricks are capable of using quads
It's the other way around actually. The BLB format coverts quads to tri's. I figured this out when making the kitty litter/kitty food print bag

might want to fix the hands
and for the love of god please PLEASE improve the backgrounds
Whats wrong with the hands? but LOL, yeah the backgrounds are kinda cartoony, I just cut out the model in-game and made the backgrounds in paint.net. Might change the backgrounds if someone wants to post some in-game builds/screen shots that fit the theme....anyone?

I'm really not one to talk cuz' my first face was stuff but.

What.
the only thing i really like about it is the candy bucket and candy pile.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:58:15 PM by Copy Kirby »

I don't think quads even work when it comes to DTS objects, like, only bricks are capable of using quads
even the brick models themselves don't use quads, they use triangles

That small cut can actually make a big difference. Half the number of faces to be exact.
the point isn't originality, its so it actually fits with player expectations

like even the combat fps-style blockheads at least kept the feet/hand/body/head relative dimensions the same, despite basically changing everything else, from pose to hand positions and whatever else.

these models i think are like the uncanny valley - either you go full blocko, or you go full non-blocko. inbetween just feels weird.

Well, that idea went out the window when you literally remade the same Blockhead model in your own style.
Just a big thicker on the head and body but smaller on the hands and feet.

Im pretty sure this is correct:
Looking into it, it seems that the process of exporting a model to .dts converts all faces tri's anyways.
I know .blb files support quad faces since that's how print faces are specified.

The amount of resistance on ideas to improve proceeds you goth.

These look like blockheads you'd find at a dollar store

I recommend you stick with the default style if your going to try and replicate the blockhead anyways. All free handing it does is look laughably off.
This. I've told him this in person numerous times, thank you. Seriously.

Im pretty sure this is correct:Looking into it, it seems that the process of exporting a model to .dts converts all faces tri's anyways.
I know .blb files support quad faces since that's how print faces are specified.
This is my belief as well. I tried explaining to him that .dts exports to tris anyways, so modeling in quads isn't more "efficient" in Blockland's dts case. Not sure about bricks though. Yeah those too. He uses blender and I use milkshape so that's why there's always such a debate about it between us two.

We've had many arguments about it actually, and he still feels like quads are a lower poly, even though it's all the same after it gets exported. Not sure if it will ever get resolved. Hah. c:

The amount of resistance on ideas to improve proceeds you goth.
Trust me, this carries over to a lot more than just Blockland. He's very persistent in his beliefs.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:27:14 AM by tony-0222 »

You're definitely getting better. I'd do what people are suggesting and use default proportions for things like hands. The little hands feel off. I feel like if you spent more time animating they'd be a lot better too.

Also, ignore all nonconstructive criticisms, haters gona hate.

Like with GRTB, I think this is a good add-on that is underrated.