Shiny Brick Textures

Poll

Should I change the reflection textures?

Yes
81 (84.4%)
No
15 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: Shiny Brick Textures  (Read 7311 times)

Oh yes, you finally found out what a stop sign is!
This is like the 5th addon thread you've made in a week trying to make brick/stud textures, and each time has been just been very lacking. Perhaps it would help if you focused more on improving the quality of your textures instead of just constantly releasing addons of whatever idea comes to your mind. Make a megathread instead as well, perhaps.

This is like the 5th addon thread you've made in a week trying to make brick/stud textures, and each time has been just been very lacking. Perhaps it would help if you focused more on improving the quality of your textures instead of just constantly releasing addons of whatever idea comes to your mind. Make a megathread instead as well, perhaps.

Thank you.
I will try these.

He's talking about the screenshot that you can see on the texture.
I understand, but why?

The idea is correct: but it isn't possible to properly execute it. Looking at something like the Source engine you need cubemaps for proper reflective textures. This works like you'd effectively have a single cubemap, and that is a staircase. And that will never work.

ok op when will you stop making stuff all over the stuff, all the things you've made until now are stupid not only because it's bad but also because it all belongs in the prints section, so please get better or stop making useless bad stuff.

EDIT: i just noticed the refletance texture was picked in the only damn server still using the bedroom map, how does that even make any goddamn sense in v21 with only slate maps? and why is it especially using a staircase build???????
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:34:38 PM by Vitawrap »

Just because you figured out how to edit the brick textures doesn't mean you should release them every time you do.

OP, get good at making textures before you release any more

Guys,
1. I haven't been releasing ALL my textures.
2. I practice alot on this.

Guys,
1. I haven't been releasing ALL my textures.
2. I practice alot on this.
practice is setting an image's opacity higher?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:58:02 AM by giant tootsie rolls »

why do they reflect the bedroom? That isn't even in blockland anymore there's no way they could be reflecting it

why do they reflect the bedroom? That isn't even in blockland anymore there's no way they could be reflecting it
Static maps

Static maps
There's no static bedroom in the OP screenshots to be reflected tho :(