Poll

?!?!?!?!?!

!!!
1 (33.3%)
???
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Shiny Studs  (Read 5916 times)

This is not a addon/texture where i used a lot of time. I'm giving a example for spongebob how to put a bit effort for addon.Here is a example of his work.

Here is a pic

!!Folder includes default tetures if you lose them!!

How to install

First go to blockland folder then base > data and put the image to shapes folder
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:59:14 PM by c[_] »

So, in the two months that i was absent did a great new revolutionary texture fad pop up or something? Edits everywhere, stuffty textures ripped from a resource sight.

So, in the two months that i was absent did a great new revolutionary texture fad pop up or something? Edits everywhere, stuffty textures ripped from a resource sight.
Mostly sponge just wants to be something cool. I made this just for him. I think textures are pretty useless

*ninjaedit*

Actually read the OP
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:20:08 PM by Duck Quackington »

If the sole purpose was to give an example to spongebob, you either should have just posted this in his thread or PM'd him.

Is that a DOF blurry picture or is the texture just blurry on its own?

Is that a DOF blurry picture or is the texture just blurry on its own?
It's the texture
http://imgur.com/mUSRFP4
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:53:25 PM by Masterlegodude »

No one likes my brick texture hobby.

Oh, and I'm sorry, but

1. The brick texture looks like it was resized from low-res.
2. The shine is really unrealistic.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 06:12:06 PM by Sp0nge80b »

We would like it if you would try and practice and do a better job in the textures.

We would like it if you would try and practice and do a better job in the textures.

It's the texture
http://imgur.com/mUSRFP4
Oh my goodness, that really is terrible.  Advice to OP:

You see this shiny lego brick?  (Click for full size)

Notice how lego bricks have rigid angles and clear-cut shapes.  They are reflective because they have these polished, flat or evenly-curved surfaces.  The "glare" or reflective "gloss" quality comes from the edges on it.  Notice how the sheen is in very specific and confined to certain areas.  This is due to the surface reflecting a limited amount of light vectors.  Blockland bricks are supposed to have this same quality if you wish to make them shiny.

Now look at this smooth rock (Click for full size)

Notice how the surface is blended and round.  Although it does appear pockmarked, the sheen or glared surface is blurred or blended with the surrounding area due to its reflective surfaces picking up more of the surrounding light sources with varying strength of the light reflecting off of it.  Your textures seem to mimic this more.

No, as may others iterate:
And as I articulated clearly.