Author Topic: props and placement tool  (Read 1582 times)

the issue with that is you can't just build anywhere. you can only build on places pre-evented, or face giving everyone a wrench and full trust to place these events.

would it be possible to create an item that toggles through all existing prop bricks on the server, using right click to switch? and then left click to place? also, will the prop bricks need priming like Xalos' Elevators, where you had to use an event like "onActivate - Self - createElevator"?
I think you misunderstood my idea entirely.

When building, the builders will set up some predefined props on some plates. Want your players to be able to spawn a jeep for 50 points? Set up the events to Condition > Score > Required 50 Reduce, and Spawn > Vehicle > Jeep.
Want your players to be able to spawn a 1x4x5 on a 5 second cooldown? Set up the events to Condition > Cooldown > Seconds 5, and Spawn >Bricks > Player. Could probably throw in a variable that deletes all props on minigame reset.

And it would all be automated. The events are there purely for the sake of being able to set them up without any additional GUIs, and allowing them to be saved with just the default saving. All the behaviour will be scripted, and the player will have a tool which will be able to choose and place props, based on the conditions.

It wouldn't be hard to put this in the brick menu. You can hide all the actual bricks from it and instead add images for your props. All server sided.

It wouldn't be hard to put this in the brick menu. You can hide all the actual bricks from it and instead add images for your props. All server sided.
please this. it would be a lot more intuitive to players and probably? require less work, if someone showed you how. and also not require a client download. but i get it if you prefer not to.

if you need help with making good brick/build icons, i can do them.

I'll look into it when I actually get to that part. I wasn't planning on including a client download. Although I'm not sure of an intuitive way of dynamically putting them into the brick menu. Like, being able to introduce new ones, remove old ones, and still allowing people to build normally if they're either not in the minigame, or building is enabled in the minigame.

I'll look into it when I actually get to that part. I wasn't planning on including a client download. Although I'm not sure of an intuitive way of dynamically putting them into the brick menu. Like, being able to introduce new ones, remove old ones, and still allowing people to build normally if they're either not in the minigame, or building is enabled in the minigame.

That makes it a lot more complicated but can probly still be solved somehow. It would be much easier to just assume noone is building while the game is running.

That makes it a lot more complicated but can probly still be solved somehow. It would be much easier to just assume noone is building while the game is running.
Which would be highly inconvenient, considering the props need to be built at some point in life, with the add-on enabled.
Totally fine with using something like a bottom/centerprint, and then maybe the building controls to choose props. And if the player needs an idea of what it looks like, they could click once to spawn a ghost of the prop (assuming it's bricks. vehicles and such will probably just be a bounding box), and then click again if they want to place it. Additionally, could have them hold left click to drag the prop around as well.

Sorry about lack of updates, I haven't been able to start on this yet. Real life excuses that no one wants to hear and whatnot.

I'm still willing to do this, just not any time in the near future. If someone else wants to take up the project that's totally fine.

This would be amazing. I could see this becoming really extensive and having a button to toggle between Bricks and Props in the brick selector. That way you could have Props organized into categories as well (e.g. Building Pieces, Furniture, Plants, Decorations, Misc)