Author Topic: Riddle answer brainstorming - Why does Craig look different?  (Read 1135 times)

Here's the dealio: I have a project I'm working on that requires me to answer a question about this dude. This isn't exactly a riddle; there isn't even really an answer. I just have to come up with potential answers for this riddle. The more unusual/original the better.

Let's call this dude Craig. Craig is a historically significant figure that shows up a lot during prominent events. He has a commonly accepted general description regarding his actions, personality, and clothing. However, depictions of Craig are inconsistent. Out of all his depictions, he appears with at least two different skin colors, two or three different eye colors, slight variation in his signature clothing, and even variation in his style, size, and shape of his facial hair- which is pretty much his namesake.

The question is: Why does this "Craig" guy have at least two distinctly different reoccurring visual images in depictions of him, each with so many different physical characteristics?

Herp me brackrand

Edit:
In this scenario, he's historically well known for being a sort of famous scientist. What happened to him is unknown- not necessarily unknown to historians or anything, just to me. He was also an inventor of sorts, having made both a few interdimensional portals and a method for time travel. He did some other stuff but that's his most successful work
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:04:12 AM by Mysteroo »

because craig swaps out with his half-black twin brother every now and then to get some R&R while keeping up public appearances

nobody really notices because in this hypothetical universe everyone is handicapped

boom. potential answer number 1

Winner of best answer gets a custom made tamale in the mail

because people dont remember what he looks like

because craig is actually a mythical god that the only physical traits told are from those passed down by stories which then are bended throughout culture???

Craig is a "skinwalker"

obviously craig's a personable, charismatic guy that easily tans and has turquoise eyes, and doesn't care about his personal appearance

since he doesn't care about his appearance he doesn't trim his facial hair much. because his facial hair is unkempt it's often different and since he doesn't upkeep it, when he shaves he does a close shave so he won't have to shave sooner.

his personal style is due to him wearing similar clothes often but not worrying when he switches them out for something vastly different, and wearing clothes for longer because he doesn't wash up much.

he easily tans so his skin changes a lot depending on the weather

his eyes are unique, and since they're a blend of blue-green people often say they're blue, they're green, or they're bluish-greenish, because it's hard for us to remember distinct details about people's eyes

because he's charismatic people remember when he showed up and what he looked like, but don't look at the negatives of being unkempt, they just percieve that as a trait

I was going to say that all but one of these actually worked as legit answers, but then I realized that this basically describes Jesus. So that works too.

This is a pretty good answer, but the only issue with this is that there are a few specifics about Craig that I am given. His eyes are depicted as kind of purplish once, and kind of yellowish another time. Yellow and purple are kind of hard to mistake for one another, unless there's some kinda colorblindness that makes purple look yellow or vice versa. It also shows up as black once, but that could just be laziness of the illustrator. Can't give a lot of details out, but if you can't tell- this isn't quite the normal, real world dude, lol

craig is a pretty popular name and there are a few craigs roaming about

craig is a god
everyone sees craig in the ideal way they believe him to be
no one's right because no one's actually "met" craig.
craig is only seen in these historical events because people want him to be there
craig lives...
in all of us, as what we want him to be. other people help shape our image of him, but it's inconsistent since no one's really met him.

except people who don't believe in god(s), they just know craig from down the street and his odd mutant genes which we don't often discuss since they mutate rapidly.

what are craigs actions
In this scenario, he's historically well known for being a sort of famous scientist. What happened to him is unknown- not necessarily unknown to historians or anything, just to me. He was also an inventor of sorts, having made both a few interdimensional portals and a method for time travel. He did some other stuff but that's his most successful work