Sentry's Perfection Colorset

Author Topic: Sentry's Perfection Colorset  (Read 4258 times)

This colorset was designed in an attempt to make the perfect every-day colorset.
It was processed through the thoughts and opinions of several other Blockland players.
It has just about every color you would possibly need.

Blockland Glass
Mediafire

I would appreciate your opinions on the colorset.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:42:19 AM by Sentry »

Looks pretty nice, but needs more orange colors i think.

Part of the reason Trueno's colorset is as popular as it's been is partly due to the fact that it had a variety of useful colors. You only really need to have two rows of basic colors, regular and transparent. A lot of the colors in the third and fourth row could be dropped due to not much of a difference.

Typically you have to keep in mind that the limited amount of colors means that you would have to strive for more variety instead of having shades of the same color. A regular shade of magenta, a slightly pastel magenta and a darker magenta are all functionally the same when it comes down to it.

Part of the reason Trueno's colorset is as popular as it's been is partly due to the fact that it had a variety of useful colors. You only really need to have two rows of basic colors, regular and transparent. A lot of the colors in the third and fourth row could be dropped due to not much of a difference.

Typically you have to keep in mind that the limited amount of colors means that you would have to strive for more variety instead of having shades of the same color. A regular shade of magenta, a slightly pastel magenta and a darker magenta are all functionally the same when it comes down to it.
I disagree
It's good to have a variety of every color depending on what you're doing. I could perfectly see myself using different shades of magenta or really different shades of every color.
That being said, I think some brownish greys could be useful.

Reminds me of the Designer Colorset.

I came here thinking this was a sentry gun.

Not entirely true. Some of the varied colours are useful. But some of them aren't. I think the issue here is that the basic colours were copied over into 4 different scales. There's also a lot of greens despite 3 greens already being included in the basic scales.

A lot of colorsets forget to include some better transparencies for water. This is one of them. A lighter blue that's more trans than the trans scale. Maybe a trans brown. Maybe a trans grey.

I've just uploaded this colorset to Blockland Glass.

its alright
Damn this is hella useful

No matter the colorset, nothing is pulling me away from Trueno's.