BountyHunter! II

Poll

What is your favorite map so far?

Lumbertown
9 (50%)
Shipment
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: BountyHunter! II  (Read 3735 times)

Watch the server trailer here!

*We are open 24/7!
Will be back up shortly.

Click the server status to join now!

What is it?
*A brief description of the gamemode.

BountyHunter! II (Formally known as "BountyHunter! X-Mas") is a gamemode where players are assigned a random player as a target and are provided a tracker/compass to pinpoint their location and eliminate them for points. Each round is 15 minutes, the player with the most points by the end of the round wins! Players are fully equipped with weapons and tools to help them maneuver around each map to their best abilities. Players are also hunted by other players while they are tracking down their own assigned target.  This server is using Bushido's Quake-Type Weapons. Each and every player has parkour abilities to their disposal. You can use these abilities to maneuver, evade, and scale the map in countless ways! This server was developed around 2014-2015 late December, so we are going to stick with the X-Mas layout. We update the server frequently, so expect more to come!

How to play?
Current Version: *1.2

Since we've been getting a lot of complaints about this and players joining the server clueless, this guide here will assist you in learning how to play at the server. You will also be provided a link in-game to this forum topic in case you just still need 'that' help.

*You are provided a 'tracker/compass' that sits on the bottom of your screen/HUD. The colors will indicate where your target is and how to locate them. Every time you successfully take out your target, you will be assigned a new one. The colors will adjust to your new target, from there, you must track the next one down. Your tracker/compass pinpoints the exact location of your target. Green indicates that your target is above you, red indicates that your target is bellow you, blue indicates that your target is on the same ground level. The smaller your colored bar is, the further away your target is. The bigger your colored bar is, the closer your target is. If your colored bar is more off to the left, then your target is to the left of you, vice versa with all the other directions.

*Yes, you can kill your hunter. Players have a hunter sense/sixth sense that gives a notification popup on screen that informs a player that their hunter is nearby along with a proximity beeping sound.

*Each and every individual player has a Freekilling Penalty Limit. The maximum amount of penalties that a player can receive for freekilling is 8max. If you are freekilled by someone, either by mistake or etcetera, depending on how you use your own reasoning, you can choose to /forgive that player on prompt, or ignore it and allow that player to receive a penalty. If a player reaches 8 penalties, the console will ban them from the server for 1-5 minutes. We urge everyone to play fairly.

*Players have special parkour abilities. You can climb by tapping or holding your Spacebar/Jump key. You can only climb a maximum of 10 times! You can also slide by tapping your Shift/Crouch key while running. Holding your Shift/Crouch key before the impact of a fall will decrease the amount of falling damage a player intakes. Landing on a basket will prevent players from taking any falling damage what so ever. There are more than one type of baskets!

Updates!
Last updated: *12/13/15

*You can now Flip & Roll! By double-tapping your crouch keybind, you can flip and roll in any direction; on the ground and mid air! Double-tapping and holding your crouch keybind midair while moving will allow continuous flipping. If you're someone who's picky, then this command is just for you! You can enable/disable the Flip & Roll feature for yourself by typing /togglePhysJump.

*Players now have access to the HatMod. Simple type /hat (hatname) to equip any hat that you have earned while you are playing at the server. Hats that players wear will save on exit and will be visible upon return!

*Players now have access to Votekick. This feature was added in consideration of times of non-player administration. In any given moment when an admin isn't avaiable, players can vote to remove unwanted players by simply typing /votekick (playername).

*Thanks to the tremendous help of Pecon, players now have a Hunter Sense/Sixth Sense! This allows players to detect when their current hunter is nearby. Further updates will allow a continuous "beep" loop that changes based on the proximity to the hunter. There will be a [gif] image provided to showcase this new feature.

*Players are now fully equipped with a working Grapple Hook! This is a more realistic grapple and was provided by Hata. This tool creates a static shape rope that allows you to grapple bricks, players, and vehicles! You can also climb up and down your rope by pressing your jump keybind to climb up, and using your crouch keybind to climb down. This tool is very useful at times when you find yourself falling from a high point, or swinging from building to building to get to your desired destination. You can use the grapple by clicking and holding to spawn your rope, then releasing to let go of your rope. You can use this tool as many times as you please.
Disclaimer: This is not the same grapple as seen used on other servers that appears as a reskin of the printer.

*We have provided players with a Butterfly Knife - Candy Cane reskin for the "Lumbertown" map. There are a few known bugs with this reskin, other than that, it works perfectly fine. We intend to address them as soon as possible.

*We have made a few tweaks to the playertype. In previous versions, the jump height and the falling damage were absurd, so we took the initiative to increase the maximum jump height and lower the falling damage just a tad. Overall, players will still have to crouch before impact depending on the height of the fall in order to avoid taking any damage.

*We have finally finished designing two playable maps! Players can now choose between playing on "Lumbertown" or "Shipment". Map rotations aren't available yet, we are still currently working on that.

*Players now spawn/respawn with one randomly selected weapon from the entire weapon pack! Originally, you could receive one random weapon from a list/small portion of the complete weapon pack.

*With the help of Pecon, players can now receive random weapons from Present pickups! This is a mod currently under development. This feature will be implemented as soon as possible. Originally, brick presents would have to be setup with an extensive amount of events to grant players one random weapon from the selected weapon pack. This version/system was efficient, but very difficult to work with.

This is a list of current administrators on the server. If you would like to apply for admin, I'm pretty sure by now you all are very aware of how to do so. Leave your username, Blockland BL_ID#, past experience, and at least 2-3 references.

Yoke (Suna)
Conan
DragonoidSlayer
Faraday
Bushido

Maps and downloading.
*We will provide two separate links to the game mode each specifically packaged for every individual map. We will update them every so often, so please make sure to check back every so often to update your files. You are welcome to modify anything provided, just make sure that credit is given where due and that you know exactly what you're doing.

Required files.
*Everything that you need in order to run and play the game mode efficiently will be provided for you here. Make sure that everything that you download is up to date to avoid any issues.

Server Music *For anyone who doesn't want to wait as long to play, I highly recommend that you download all the required server music used in this game mode.

Credits: Faraday, Magus, Armageddon, jitank, DraganoidSlayer, TenSpeed, Tetrahedron, Bushido, Crystalwarrior, Hata, Blocktistic, Conan, Yoke.
*If any names are misspelled or incorrect, please notify me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:54:24 PM by Suna »

Server Status.
*Until the completion of the full gamemode, we will be allowing players to join the development server to test things out before the finalized version is ready to play.
  I might eventually release this game mode to the public. But for now, players are welcome to play on the beta server until things are ready. We will currently only be hosting the
  "Lumbertown" map due to the high amount of requests. The map is currently undergoing revamping to satisfy the needs of players and improve overall quality.

Click the server status to join now!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:28:20 PM by Suna »

As far as I know this board is for finished gamemodes available for download.
Feels like this dev server topic should be in general discussion.

As far as I know this board is for finished gamemodes available for download.
Feels like this dev server topic should be in general discussion.

It is in general discussion, I was planning on releasing the full game mode here for everyone since we're nearing it's completion.
I will be packaging one of the maps for everyone shortly.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:46:32 AM by Suna »

just a word of advice, don't change the topic title for each post, it can get a little confusing
other than that the game mode looks pretty nice so far

i thought there was a gamemode called @Tezuni 2.0 because you changed the title for some reason

but yeah downloadable gamemodes are more for here

so you better release it

Ooh a construction site map. Haven't played on that yet. Looks nice.

do you think you could release a separate mod with the flip & roll script?

do you think you could release a separate mod with the flip & roll script?
Its hata's and technically private. yoke bought it from him.

I'm not sure Yoke bought it. We were lucky enough to get it free, but I think we've known Hata for a pretty long time.

R.I.P Conan.

"Lumbertown" Map progression.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:05:28 PM by Suna »

Yeah this looks great!  However, this isn't the board for a thread like this I don't think.  If you plan to release something but it's not done yet, it should go in the modification help/discussion board.

Credits: Faraday, Magus, Armageddon, jitank, DraganoidSlayer, TenSpeed, Tetrahedron, Bushido, Crystalwarrior, Hata, Blocktistic, Conan, Yoke.
*If any names are misspelled or incorrect, please notify me.
Change Blocktistic to Squidbee (Name Change) and I thought I was an admin also?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:44:54 AM by Squidbee »