Author Topic: Event_Search v1.1 - Replacement for zones  (Read 1848 times)

Description
Event_Search was originally made by Zeblote and abandoned last year, which is sad because even in its release candidate state, it's pretty good.
I've made some small tweaks - the sphere detection still isn't perfect but most of the time this isn't noticeable, and trust checks have been added for some things. Other than that, everything works as it did on my old time travel adventure server.

The events are:
- startBoxSearch (box offset) (box size) (things the search detects) (whether objects have to be inside or not)
- startRadiusSearch (sphere offset) (sphere size) (things the search detects) (whether objects have to be inside or not)

And you gain the inputs:
- onSearchFindBrick
- onSearchFindPlayer
- onSearchFindBot
- onSearchFindVehicle
- onSearchFindNothing

When you first set the events a box or sphere will appear showing the area of effect. This can be customized (and disabled/enabled) via prefs.
Pretty nifty!

Download
Here.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:19:49 PM by chrisbot6 »

Nice, I wonder why no one came up with this before (other than zeblote ofc) and came up with using zone bricks for certain things.

v1 to v1.1:
Code: [Select]
- Fixed a bug with events that use "onSearchFindPlayer > Brick" to do something to a player object (i.e. doPlayerTeleport)