Author Topic: Toontown Rewritten Megathread - Thread Rewritten  (Read 14889 times)

The old thread was too old to post in so I decided to create a new one (Credit to original OP goes to KelBlock)

About
Toontown Rewritten is a community server for Disney's now-closed game, Toontown Online. Toontown Online was a MMORPG developed by The Walt Disney Company that was designed for ages seven and up.

First introduced in the United States on June 2, 2003, Disney had since produced versions of Toontown Online for the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Japan, Southeast Asia and Brazil. The foreign versions were closed and all players had to use the USA server. Toontown Online could be played free, with many in-game restrictions, or it could be played with a subscription, with no restrictions whatsoever.

The game focuses on the carefree toons in a world called Toontown, trying to stop the evil business-like robot cogs by teaming up and battling them with gags. There are also some non-combat activities. The world is divided into seven neighborhoods with several smaller areas. Each neighborhood has a non-player Disney character in its playground. Playgrounds are safe areas with no cogs. The streets that link them together, however, are greatly populated with cogs and cog buildings.

Toontown Rewritten is essentially a remastered build of Toontown Online.

Toons

A toon is a character in Toontown Rewritten. Toons are the main characters in the game. Toons take the form of animals, which come in different species: cats, dogs, ducks, mice, pigs, rabbits. When a toon is made, the player is able to choose what gender they would like for the toon to be and able to choose their own color. It is also possible to choose a toon with multiple colors for their different body parts.

Laff Points

Laff points are a toon's health. It is the basis to keep a toon happy and able to perform certain actions, such as defeating cogs, playing trolley games, and more. If a toon is sad, such actions like going on the trolley will be delayed until the sad toon has at least one laff point in their laff meter.

Cogs

Cogs are the main antagonists of Disney's Toontown Online, of which are shown to be business robots that consistently attempt to conquer Toontown and turn it into a dull, grey, corporate wasteland. There is a total of thirty-two different cogs, with eight in each of the four corporate ladders, as well as a boss of each ladder. Each cog has their own strengths and weaknesses and a five level range; the higher they are in the corporate ladder, the higher their level range is, as well as their health and damage.
Cogs roam the streets of Toontown, taking over toon buildings by dropping cog buildings on top of them. Cogs can also be found in their respective Cog Headquarters.

To fight the cogs, toons use gags to destroy them, since their programming cannot process a joke into raw data, as this will cause the Cog to malfunction and explode when it does. Ironically, the Cogs were created with puns in their programming, of which strangely means that if they were actually funny, they would malfunction and explode.

The Cogs

Gags

A gag is a joke that is used to defeat the evil cogs. When enough gags are used on a cog, it explodes from laughter. But if you go sad, you lose all the gags you have. There are forty-nine gags, however only forty-two are obtainable.
There are seven gag tracks, with seven different gags in each. Each toon can only get six gag tracks. Each gag track starts with the weakest gag; stronger gags can be obtained by earning the designated amount of experience points. A total of 10,000 experience points will reward the toon the strongest gag in that gag track, and the toon will complete that gag track.

Gags can be bought in Goofy's Gag Shop for one jellybean each. There is a gag shop in every playground, except Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres and Goofy's Speedway . The first six gags in each gag track can be bought, but level seven gags must be earned by reaching 0 to Go! or by harvesting the level seven gag from a gag tree.

Toons store all their gags in a backpack. Every toon starts with a small pouch, that can hold twenty gags. ToonTasks can reward bigger gag pouches. The biggest gag pouch is the large backpack, that can hold eighty gags.

Every toon starts with the level one Throw and Squirt gags; the Cupcake and the Squirting Flower respectively given from Tutorial Tom. All "cog-fighting" neighborhoods give toons the ability to choose a new gag track to train for, excluding Daisy Gardens and Donald's Dreamland. Once they have chosen the gag track, they can start doing Toontasks to earn gag track training film frames; 16 frames for a gag track training film are required to obtain the gag track. Toons may only obtain the final frame after they have done all of the other required Toontasks in their current neighborhood, including having earned the first fifteen of the sixteen frames.

In each neighborhood, excluding Donald's Dreamland and Daisy Gardens, a toon is given the chance to gain a gag track. The options switch every time. In Toontown Central, you can choose Toon-Up or Sound, in Donald's Dock Lure or Drop, in Minnie's Melodyland Toon-Up or Trap or Sound or Trap, and in The Brrrgh, the two gag tracks you do not have.

Gag Tracks

Neighborhoods

A neighborhood is a toon-governed zone in Toontown with its own theme, playground, and three streets (two in Donald's Dreamland). They consist of four Toon HQ buildings and fishing ponds.

List of neighborhoods

Cog headquarters

Cog headquarters are areas of Toontown that are permanently controlled by cogs. These areas are usually more difficult and dangerous compared to other locations in Toontown. As toons progress further into the game they will be assigned Toontasks related to the four cog headquarters. There are four headquarters.

List of Cog Headquarters

Sellbot Headquarters
Cashbot Headquarters
Lawbot Headquarters
Bossbot Headquarters

Cog Facilities

A Cog Facility can be found in Cog Headquarters. Facilities contain various types of cogs, such as the corresponding type of the headquarters and goons, and several obstacles that toons must maneuver in order to complete the facility.

List of Cog Facilities

Cog Golf Course
District Attorney's Office
Cashbot Mint
Sellbot Factory

Ah, my childhood. We meet again.

We'll Have a Blue Winter Without YOU!

Posted by Toon HQ on December 19, 2015 02:00 PM

On the fifth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
A MEGAAAAAA COG INVASION!
(bum bum bum...)
A Cattlelog full of clothing,
Brand new decorations,
Trees and lights o'plenty,
And a holiday packed with very merry news!

ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A Mega-Invasion has Begun!
Version 2.0 Cold Callers are taking over Toontown!!!

Toontown is about to get a whole lot colder -- and real quickly, too. The Cogs have just launched their yearly V2.0 Sellbot Invasion with the coldest Cogs around -- the Cold Callers.

The Sellbots love our holiday season for all of the profit they make, but they've never been able to understand what truly makes it a TOONTASTIC time of year. Luckily, with our new clothing to keep us warm and the cheerful themed gags, we can show them how to celebrate.

We need YOU to help us defeat these Cold Callers - or else we're going to have a very Blue Christmas!

Ah yes this thread, what would I do without it...

I actually didn't play this game since halloween, and that was to create a black cat toon female I believe. I called her Princess Midnight if I recall.

I also remember that on my main toon, I am currently at the Brrggh, and I should be approching the end of it soon. For now, I am taking a small hiatus from this and will get back into it in the following months hopefully.

my interest in the game toggles on and off. i remember back when i was 6 and i literally played this all day and all night.

oh stuff i haven't played since halloween of forgetin last year

holy stuff

question: is this game worth taking seriously (more-or-less) or is it more of a "loving around" kinda thing?  also, how grindy is it?

i've never played toontown as a kid and i'm curious

holy stuff

question: is this game worth taking seriously (more-or-less) or is it more of a "loving around" kinda thing?  also, how grindy is it?

i remember very little but it was hard as a kid
now it's probably really easy because now i'd know what i'm doing

holy stuff

It's a grindfest.

Some of the end-game stuff is ridiculous.

Lets not talk about lil oldman...

holy stuff

question: is this game worth taking seriously (more-or-less) or is it more of a "loving around" kinda thing?  also, how grindy is it?

For your first question, it can go either scenario. There will be times where you want your allies to cooperate to defeat a big robot boss or tall building or factory, then there will be other times where you just forget around with your friends and do whatever.

As for the other one, once you get a new gag track, you only get EXP for that gag if you use it in battle. Most gags have a different limit on when you can get the next one, but despite the difference, each gag track ends at 10000 EXP. After that, you get a limited level 7 gag that you can use only once, before having to grind up 500 more EXP to get another one. Since each toon is allowed to have 6 gags, minus the grinding of more level 7 gags, the toon would need to grind in total 60000 EXP, 10000 for each gag track. Cog Invasions and buildings also help because they double how much EXP you get in the fight at the end of it. I am starting to get confused here, so lets just get to the point.

Overall, grinding shouldn't take long if your playing the game on a daily basis, through it will take you a few days to get to level 7.

to add on to this: if you successfully reach level 7 in a gag track, don't use it until like the final boss of a hard tower

there's no way someone can complete the game in just a few months, let me tell you that. unless you're playing the game all day and night (like i did when i was younger), you're not gonna get very far fast. even then, i still had level 5 gags in the brrrgh.

they're both toontown. it's just that toontown rewritten has so much more people to play with.

any lower laff people wanna meet up