Author Topic: [Server] - New server music system  (Read 15125 times)

Tags: Music, server music, music brick

Fixed version of Server_ServerMusic, except it was written from scratch because it was pretty bad.

What's new?:
    [0] You can do /music even if you are dead (means you can do this anytime now) (Admin only)
  • You can do /randomMusic if you feel a bit random
  • [0] Music should be able to play anywhere now
  • Code was compressed
  • [0] When doing /music it will be left off to what song it is at instead of "NONE"
  • I've made my own event restriction system, from moderator to super admin
  • [0] /RSMM as an admin to toggle random music when a minigame resets (highly recommend to do this if you have only 1 minigame), so if the minigame resets when this is enabled, you get randomized music!
  • You can edit the volume, default is 0.9
  • [0] Voting system is here, but disabled by default, here's how to enable:
$Pref::Server::SM::Enabled
  • You can now plant a regular music brick and name it as "ServerMusicBrick", it will override your current server music (related to the server-wide music brick add-on)

Commands?? Yes - They will only show based on your authority. - Do /sMusic

Sorry, this add-on does not support any pref systems.
Download: Server_v2DMusic.zip
Help? Type /sMusic in the chat!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:21:50 PM by Kyuande »

Update v2:
    [0] You can now do /RSMM as an admin to toggle random music when a minigame resets (highly recommend to do this if you have only 1 minigame), so if the minigame resets when this is enabled, you get randomized music!
  • You can now edit the volume, default is 0.9
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:36:25 AM by Kyuande »

Does this use server wide music bricks?

Does this use server wide music bricks?
You can't wrench the brick, but I made my own music system

You can't wrench the brick, but I made my own music system
No thanks then, I prefer the old one cause it is much simpler and works through actual server wide music bricks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:22:22 PM by Planr »

because at 1 it will blast your ears :(
guess who was the victim of that

No thanks then, I prefer the old one cause it is much simpler and works through actual server wide music bricks.
You just type /music and you can easily do the same thing.. It does use a brick but you can't really wrench it. This does go server-wide.

If you guys are still experiencing problems with the music not being server-wide someone please tell me how to fix it because I don't seem to know that well of AudioEmitters.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:50:33 PM by Kyuande »

what exactly was wrong with the old music mod anyway? (the one zapk made)

i've been using it for a while now and have had 0 problems with it
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:28:01 PM by Planr »

just set the volume on the audio emitter and recreate it, there's no need to restart the server over that lol

just set the volume on the audio emitter and recreate it, there's no need to restart the server over that lol
That's what it does actually, it recreates it but it seems I have to transmit the datablocks for it to fix itself

i've been using it for a while now and have had 0 problems with it
You're probably not seeing them as I did. Also, the range was messed up because on my Randomizer server and someone's server could not play music after a certain distance, and it wasn't even far from the spawn, it would play music though if you were closer but after a certain distance it stopped.
but one of its main bugs was you couldn't select music when you were dead, or if your player respawned
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:37:32 AM by Kyuande »

That's what it does actually, it recreates it but it seems I have to transmit the datablocks for it to fix itself
that's weird
i've never had to do that idk

You're probably not seeing them as I did. Also, the range was messed up because on my Randomizer server and someone's server could not play music after a certain distance, and it wasn't even far from the spawn, it would play music though if you were closer but after a certain distance it stopped.
but one of its main bugs was you couldn't select music when you were dead, or if your player respawned
Strange, I dont experience any of these problems.

Strange, I dont experience any of these problems.
Do /music when you are dead. Pretty sure the gui will pop up but after setting music it really doesn't set music.