Author Topic: [Server] - New server music system  (Read 15063 times)

I don't know if this is a thing on this addon. But you could possibly make an event that toggles random music? I don't know if any other addon has this but if not could you make that? This is so, when a play clicks a button the music also gets randomized!

yes that bug with the radius was really annoying me
thanks very much

I don't know if this is a thing on this addon. But you could possibly make an event that toggles random music? I don't know if any other addon has this but if not could you make that? This is so, when a play clicks a button the music also gets randomized!
For just a minigame do /RSMM, otherwise on a brick it is "setServerMusic"

Dude thanks for this
This is amazing, and its improved from the original
Good work will download when i get home :^)

When I enter the song to be played, it says in the chat (Cool Blockhead) Now playing: Songname. But nothing happens, there is no music. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

For just a minigame do /RSMM, otherwise on a brick it is "setServerMusic"
I actually tried that event on the server music that I had, but it wasn't working. Does the event work for yours?

Do /music when you are dead. Pretty sure the gui will pop up but after setting music it really doesn't set music.
What GUI? I would just respawn and go over to my music brick and change the song.

We might be thinking about different addons come to think of it. Mine is just a server-wide music brick as far as I know.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:41:25 PM by Planr »

Ah, this is pretty much the same thing except you just type /music and it's already there for you.

I actually tried that event on the server music that I had, but it wasn't working. Does the event work for yours?
Works for me, but from it looks like you can't play the music from a list.

v3:
+ Fixed setServerMusic event (make sure you do not have the other server music add-on in!)
+ You can now allow people to vote for music by /SMusic, it's disabled by default but the only way to enable it right now is: $Pref::Server::SM::Enabled

/sMusic is a base command for the mod which can tell you commands if you are able to see them.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:38:22 PM by Kyuande »

Works for me, but from it looks like you can't play the music from a list.

v3:
+ Fixed setServerMusic event (make sure you do not have the other server music add-on in!)
+ You can now allow people to vote for music by /SMusic, it's disabled by default but the only way to enable it right now is: $Pref::Server::SM::Enabled

/sMusic is a base command for the mod which can tell you commands if you are able to see them.
Awesome! I'll be sure to take the other system out.

When I enter the song to be played, it says in the chat (Cool Blockhead) Now playing: Songname. But nothing happens, there is no music. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Make sure your client has the option to play music; make sure you have music downloaded successfully (dedicated)

what exactly was wrong with the old music mod anyway? (the one zapk made)

i've been using it for a while now and have had 0 problems with it
didnt that have an eval exploit? or was that something else

v4:
  • You can now plant a regular music brick and name it as "ServerMusicBrick", it will override your current server music (related to the server-wide music brick add-on)

This helps if you have had issues with audio playing in some of your maps, just plant the regular music brick in the middle of your map and name it "ServerMusicBrick" and you're good to go!

I will find a better way to do this but at the moment I parented fxDtsBrick::setName