[Server] - New server music system

Author Topic: [Server] - New server music system  (Read 14857 times)

How do you raise the volume?

All music have sound levels, the reason why it's at 0.9 because some music will blast your ears, not really a way to fix this unless you edit the ogg. I don't recommend changing it to be over 0.9

Anyway: $Pref::Server::SM::Volume = number; (default is 0.9)
It will not work until you restart the server (description datablocks don't change volume instantly)

which is why you change the volume of the audioemitter object

which is why you change the volume of the audioemitter object
it does nothing

Update, if you have any custom music brick mods this mod will attempt to overwrite.
Before this update those mods would overwrite this one and the music would not play correctly.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 08:02:35 PM by Kyuande »

I assume toggleVote is an event, but I cannot find it when I do "onActivate > NAMEDBRICK >". Any help? Also, I don't believe the volume command when entered in console works.

Toggle vote is a command, not an event. When you change the volume you have to restart the server to overwrite.

Toggle vote is a command, not an event. When you change the volume you have to restart the server to overwrite.
I've tried entering /toggleVote into chat, and nothing has happened. Also, how high does the volume go? Just to 1.0?

I've tried entering /toggleVote into chat, and nothing has happened. Also, how high does the volume go? Just to 1.0?
Sorry, I just noticed that it's not clear enough to tell if it's a command or a section.
/sMusic toggleVote

Yeah, volume's scale can only go from 0 to 1. If you want your music louder you need to fix those loops by editing them and changing their volume with audacity.

Sorry, I just noticed that it's not clear enough to tell if it's a command or a section.
/sMusic toggleVote

Yeah, volume's scale can only go from 0 to 1. If you want your music louder you need to fix those loops by editing them and changing their volume with audacity.

Oh, alright. Thanks!

just keeps playing "None" whenever i try to set it to anything

Yeah, started getting the problem on my server, seems to only happen when the findMusicByName isn't called at all. Working on it.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:26:02 PM by Kyuande »