Author Topic: Drop Down Search 1.4 | Now on BL Glass  (Read 30360 times)

fun fact: i was in zeblote's server when he came up with the idea and so he began developing straight away.

also amazing addon, can't believe this was actaully coming.

It would be cool if it worked with your list of addons when you are starting a server.

Has anyone found any more bugs yet?

I can no longer reset event rows by re-clicking on the input event. Because of this I can't remove event rows entirely when I disable and reset the event row (not sure if any of this makes sense). This is only a problem when I'm not using System_BlocklandEssentials since that allows me to delete event rows anyway.

Doesn't setting the input to - remove the line?

Is it a bug that when you've opened a drop down menu, there's already an option highlighted? It doesn't goes away when you actually hover over that option

It'll highlight and scroll to the currently selected option when you open it. For some reason the event drop downs are set to random things when they're created (for example: onActivate, Self, setColor) so it'll highlight those.

I guess it'll help making onActivate->Self events because you just have to press tab two times

Doesn't setting the input to - remove the line?
..I actually didn't know I could do that to remove event rows
thanks for clearing that up

in that case it's not a bug/problem

Version 1.0
- Beta testing finished, no other changes

Use the automatic updater if you can, otherwise download again from the first page.
If the updater does not show an update, run this command: Updater.checkForUpdates();

I know that it might be a slippery slope if you started making this compatible with certain mods, but DrenDran's event window and this addon would go perfectly together
right now they don't though; whenever I search for something and then click it, it acts as though I selected "_Custom_"

The problem seems to be that he's using the drop down list wrong, giving all rows the same id. However, the row ids are the only thing I can use to pass the selected row to the original drop down list because there's no engine api to select a row by itself.

I can see a way to handle this but it will make the code more complicated.

Version 1.1
- Support bad drop down lists using one id for multiple rows, like
  - Gui Editor class popup
  - Gui Editor profile list
  - DrenDran's event gui

Use the automatic updater if you can, otherwise download again from the first page.
If the updater does not show an update, run this command: Updater.checkForUpdates();

now do a brick search and you've literally become the second coming of jesus

now do a brick search and you've literally become the second coming of jesus
That would be a separate add-on, but how do you imagine this working? Just open the brick selector and start typing? Where does the search box go? Would it filter only bricks in the category you have open?

id say bricks that are in the tab you have open.
im not sure how a search bar would work but even if it was out in the open it would still be worth it.