Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88492 times)

The link to the file on Blockland Glass has been added! I'm not sure how to add a direct link to the .zip but I'm looking. The add-on does include evals for setting up server generator settings, so it is marked as having malicious code, but it should be approved by the moderators soon.

Also, Filipe should be making his trailer public soon, so right now his trailer link isn't working.

One of the best add-ons ever seriously, incredible job!

By the way dude the link to the trailer is wrong, this is the right one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwly4gbv9dE

Hammering bricks on terrain isn't working properly, it takes like 1 second for the brick to actually be removed after you hammer it.

Hammering bricks on terrain isn't working properly, it takes like 1 second for the brick to actually be removed after you hammer it.
That's normal, it has a slight delay to play a fake-kill animation.

One of the best add-ons ever seriously, incredible job!

By the way dude the link to the trailer is wrong, this is the right one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwly4gbv9dE
Fixed, should be working now. =)

That's normal, it has a slight delay to play a fake-kill animation.

That's not normal, bricks not on terrain do not behave like this. You need to call killBrick() instead of trying to recreate the functionality in torkscript.

This is the best thing I've ever seen! Finally fort wars won't consist of just flat land and it will now be on terrain, the possibilities with this modification are endless! amazing work!

That's not normal, bricks not on terrain do not behave like this. You need to call killBrick() instead of trying to recreate the functionality in torkscript.
I mean normal for the generator. A major problem from the previous versions was the ability to destroy entire columns of floating bricks when using the killBrick or undo functions. So instead bricks play a fake kill animation and are removed using the delete function; that's the best I can do right now.

Thanks for the comments guys! Btw, does anyone know how to directly link the .zip file download on Blockland Glass?

I mean normal for the generator. A major problem from the previous versions was the ability to destroy entire columns of floating bricks when using the killBrick or undo functions. So instead bricks play a fake kill animation and are removed using the delete function; that's the best I can do right now.

I've figured out a solution for this some time ago. Floating bricks planted with the duplicator respect support rules, while using the much faster engine methods.

https://github.com/Zeblote/Tool_NewDuplicator/blob/master/classes/server/selection.cs#L1980-L2035

Setting isBaseplate will make them "roots" of floating structures. If you have to set that after planting the brick, call willCauseChainKill() to make the engine update the internal data.

I tried to clear the terrain while a stream was still expanding, rip server

This is beautiful! Running this with ultra shaders and brick tessellations makes it even more AWESOME! This needs to be a default addon immediately.

I've figured out a solution for this some time ago. Floating bricks planted with the duplicator respect support rules, while using the much faster engine methods.

https://github.com/Zeblote/Tool_NewDuplicator/blob/master/classes/server/selection.cs#L1980-L2035

Setting isBaseplate will make them "roots" of floating structures. If you have to set that after planting the brick, call willCauseChainKill() to make the engine update the internal data.

I tried to clear the terrain while a stream was still expanding, rip server

- pic -
Streams are independent of the normal generator routines, so you would need to disable them and reapply settings to stop them from generating. There's more information about how to use them under the streams category of the Routines menu in the Complex GUI.

I'll look into that as another method for floating brick support; hopefully that works much better, thanks.

This is beautiful! Running this with ultra shaders and brick tessellations makes it even more AWESOME! This needs to be a default addon immediately.
Great =) If he makes it default that would be epic, who knows.

I agree; this is worthy of being default. It would really improve people's experience with the game if it was implemented as a base feature.

Same with Zeblote's duplicator & drop-down search.

Blockland just got a LOT better.

Glad this is out. Golden work.