Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88646 times)

Is there a way to force-halt a routine? I got the error "exceeding brick limit buffer" and then it stopped loading and wouldn't let me clear it, so I cleared bricks. Now it still won't let me stop the routine or disconnect from my server.

Is there a way to force-halt a routine? I got the error "exceeding brick limit buffer" and then it stopped loading and wouldn't let me clear it, so I cleared bricks. Now it still won't let me stop the routine or disconnect from my server.
Did you get a message that it was attempting to halt the routine after exceeding the buffer? Also, using "/PTGHalt" in chat or using the Halt button doesn't force it to stop?

Edit: I'm going to have to fix that for a future update. In the mean time, try entering $PTG.routine_ProcessAm = 0;$PTG.routine_Process = "None";$PTG.routine_isHalting = false; into the console; it'll let you force-halt the routine. You can also select the Disable Brick Limit Amount Buffer option under Generator Limits for Routines options, to prevent that from reoccurring.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:25:35 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

loving fantastic add-on like no other, not much else to say for me

PTG seems to still be running an old version even after installing the new one.

whoa

Lol, at how many fps does that run?

Lol, at how many fps does that run?
~15-17 FPS with a GTX 980 with ultra shaders + reshade (which slows it down by only about 1-2 fps) and 250k bricks

~15-17 FPS with a GTX 980 with ultra shaders + reshade (which slows it down by only about 1-2 fps) and 250k bricks
>15-17 fps
>GTX 980

>15-17 fps
>GTX 980
that's blockland for you

i can finally make my giant castles without taking a year to make decent terrain

PTG seems to still be running an old version even after installing the new one.

Make sure to delete the old System_PTG.zip file before downloading.

Nice!

So it's completely unplayable on a high end gpu.

So it's completely unplayable on a high end gpu.

I wouldn't say that, in my opinion, really low frame rates don't make the game playable (I wouldn't call my judgement dominant in anyway). I just have fun with what I have, even if a high end GPU doesn't cut it, it's still cool as forget and I appreciate the work people put into this game. I just love walking in a random direction and then build a little house, then say my goodbyes travel 500+ more blocks and build... a giant snake.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:47:02 PM by UnRegistered »