Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 87516 times)

This revolutionizes blockland. I don't think I've ever seen an add-on this great in my entire time here.

I know what love is now holy stuff

This add-on helped me to find spiritual enlightenment and I can now say that nothing matters, not even evil because in the end good will win. :^)

This is better than love.

And I mean real life love.

After 30 minutes of messing around with it I feel that I have barely scratched the surface of what this has to offer.

The GUI is so intuitive, oh my goodness.

Where do you find the option to set the brick permissions from public to standard?
found it

Also, made some pretty cool/weird looking area using flat area frequency
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:45:32 PM by Freek »

Where do you find the option to set the brick permissions from public to standard?
found it

Also, made some pretty cool/weird looking area using flat area frequency

Amazing
Very cool, going to add those to the showcase.

This add-on helped me to find spiritual enlightenment and I can now say that nothing matters, not even evil because in the end good will win. :^)
:D

I'll know what my favorite feature will be once that is added!

Especially if it resembles the world painter tool from Minecraft:

We could tailor the map exactly to the needs of the project.
That's a good reference, thanks; I'm also thinking about making it similar to Torque's editor.

Btw, does anyone know an easy way to convert a cursor's 2D position into 3D space?

Version 3.0.2 has been approved on Blockland Glass! Be sure to update if you haven't already.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:04:40 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

how would i go about generating a huge ass steep mountain that ascends to the heavens?

Changing the Z-Multiplier for mountains under Features options will allow you to scale it quite high. If you want more control or need it even higher, you can try adjusting the noise scale values for moutians under Advanced options.

Not sure if this is on my end or a bug, but i generated a lake thing, and when you went all the way to the bottom, there was no water and you just stood on the bottom

Not sure if this is on my end or a bug, but i generated a lake thing, and when you went all the way to the bottom, there was no water and you just stood on the bottom
If you're able to recreate it, please post a preset with the settings you used (or a screenshot) and I'll check it out. Sometimes caves can affect how water generates as well.

The octagonal default trees sometimes cause a terrain brick to be blocked from building due to their large hitbox. Otherwise loving amazing mod of the year every year.

Made best preset ever 11/10
Someone make a cool pic with it please
Also tried putting z-modifier thing to max and mountain z to max. It took like 45 seconds to fall off the tallest mountain.