Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88772 times)

Also tried putting z-modifier thing to max and mountain z to max. It took like 45 seconds to fall off the tallest mountain.

Jesus christ what

Screw making a cool picture, this demands a cool video.

Jesus christ what

Screw making a cool picture, this demands a cool video.
The preset I put isn't that BTW, I changed the color of loving everything and made skylands and floating islands. Actually, edit the preset to have z modifier to max and mountain modifier to max. That'll be insane.

that looks like a dark souls environment
i agree

wrapperup is making a dark souls combat system in bl

now we just need a vehicle to traverse this terrain with

Wasn't there a vehicle named F.R.O.G? iirc it was loving huge and could potentially traverse this? I don't know, maybe.

How is infinite terrain even possible, this mod is blowing my brains to smitheroons

What about the brick limit? Even if it's maxed and, i assume, that chunks load and unload, isn't it still possible to reach the brick limit?

If only there were tools that allowed us to sculpt the inside of a mountain or something. Think greek's trench deathmatch.

If only there were tools that allowed us to sculpt the inside of a mountain or something. Think greek's trench deathmatch.
I'm working on that now actually; still planning how it's going to work. So far, I'm thinking about adding functionality for adding / removing bricks, painting, selecting and moving groups of bricks, and even choosing where to plant detail bricks or where to load .bls brick saves (similar to PTG's build loading feature). If anyone has ideas for what should be included let me know!

How is infinite terrain even possible, this mod is blowing my brains to smitheroons

What about the brick limit? Even if it's maxed and, i assume, that chunks load and unload, isn't it still possible to reach the brick limit?
The generator includes a customizable brick limit buffer - if a certain range or buffer is exceeded relative to the brick limit, it'll pause and wait for more chunks to be removed (to further reduce the brick count) and then continue generating. For finite terrain, or if chunk culling is disabled for infinite terrain, it'll just halt a routine. =)

shaders on

shaders off

<3
Awesome creations, keep it up!

so I've had a bit of bugs with this so far:
 - I can't disable autosaving
 - Even with PTG disabled, it still shows autosave notification as <font:Veranda Bold:>PTG: Autosaving Bricks... [AS]
 - It interferes with brick loading. When the load is complete all of the bricks are destroyed.
 - When boundaries are enabled there are random holes in them.

thats all I've noticed so far.

so I've had a bit of bugs with this so far:
 - I can't disable autosaving
 - Even with PTG disabled, it still shows autosave notification as <font:Veranda Bold:>PTG: Autosaving Bricks... [AS]
 - It interferes with brick loading. When the load is complete all of the bricks are destroyed.
 - When boundaries are enabled there are random holes in them.

thats all I've noticed so far.
I tried recreating those issues, but didn't experience them myself. To disable autosaving, make sure to halt a routine first, even if it's enabled for finite terrain. Then uncheck the option and reapply your settings.

Removal of bricks after being loaded is normal in certain situations. To prevent bricks from being destroyed after a .bls save is loaded, make sure the "Automatically create new chunks" option is enabled if the "Force Bricks Into Chunks" option above it is also enabled (both under Routines options). Bricks are also removed if a chunk save exists for that location or if infinite terrain generation is enabled; it'll usually notify you if there's a problem.

Boundaries act up sometimes when using infinite terrain or if bricks within chunks interfere with them; using the static shapes option should prevent that from happening. Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:41:49 PM by [GSF]Ghost »