Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88622 times)

were bridges and trails added in because i can't find them or a way to enable them
I had to remove them early on because it was just way too complicated to include for this version. There were other features I had to strip as well as they were too ambitious, but who knows maybe I can add them in in a future update.

you know how addon makers get
Don't I know it =/

Btw, making progress with the brush editor!

that looks like a movie set

how much was your fps

that looks like a movie set

how much was your fps
idk because a friend took the picture not me
he is too lame to post it himself so i took it upon myself to spread the beauty of these images

*Alkatjo's big batch of ideas*

*A set of tools that allows us as a player to dig into the ground/wall/mountain similar to the trench tools. (Already stated).
*An option to set a mountain to ramps instead of tall bricks. (This only correlates to bricks and not mod-tier).
*Brush tools (in development/already stated).
*Maybe procedural layering? Like if you break the top brick of an 8x8 grass brick, an 8x8 dirt brick is placed underneath? (Think 'Unlimited mining' servers).
*Add height noise slider and terrain 'z' start slider to simplex.
*Maybe a function where if you set down a bot brick as a biome feature, a box containing bot types appear and you can set a bot to spawn on generation.
*Cave generation that leads to the surface.(Not sure if its just me, but most of the caves that generate are no where near accessible).
*Creeper terrain/biome/entity? Terrain that is potentially fatal to the player if exposed to it for a long time.(Similar to corruption from terraria i believe).

That's all i can think of for now, i'll post more later.

*Alkatjo's big batch of ideas*

*A set of tools that allows us as a player to dig into the ground/wall/mountain similar to the trench tools. (Already stated).
*An option to set a mountain to ramps instead of tall bricks. (This only correlates to bricks and not mod-tier).
*Brush tools (in development/already stated).
*Maybe procedural layering? Like if you break the top brick of an 8x8 grass brick, an 8x8 dirt brick is placed underneath? (Think 'Unlimited mining' servers).
*Add height noise slider and terrain 'z' start slider to simplex.
*Maybe a function where if you set down a bot brick as a biome feature, a box containing bot types appear and you can set a bot to spawn on generation.
*Cave generation that leads to the surface.(Not sure if its just me, but most of the caves that generate are no where near accessible).
*Creeper terrain/biome/entity? Terrain that is potentially fatal to the player if exposed to it for a long time.(Similar to corruption from terraria i believe).

That's all i can think of for now, i'll post more later.
and add the preset biomes (like "rockies" and "plains") to the complex gui?

I think adding them all will take a lot of time.
But I am certainly on board with these:
The layering doesn't need to be very fancy.
Just 4x4 or 8x8 cubes.
We'll smooth it out ourselves.

It would be cool if some kind of ore system could be involved.
Bricks with different prints or color.
But that could be an addon for PTG.

And isn't this one already possible?
Some bots have their own spawnbrick in Special. So just use those in the GUI.

Slogan: The sky is the limit with PTG

how do I make finite terrain generation bigger?

how do I make finite terrain generation bigger?
It's a jungle out there

There's a vehicle called "Freestyle Buggy" that takes terrain pretty well. I know it's good at traversing modter terrains.
Rock Crawler / Racer Crawler / whatever it's called is a really good vehicle I used for this.