Kalphiter joins; Runtime error happens when I try to ban him

Author Topic: Kalphiter joins; Runtime error happens when I try to ban him  (Read 1606 times)

Posting this in General Discussion because I'm not sure whether Kalphiter is actually responsible here.

So Kalphiter joined my server and I immediately went to ban him (no explanation needed, most of us know who kalphiter is), and the instant I hit the ban button, I got a runtime error for a pure virtual function call.

The last thing in the console log the split-second the runtime error occurred was Kalphiter's ban being put into the console. For me this is extremely suspicious as it happened the same instant I sent his ban. Is it possible he's running some sort of script to produce this effect on a server host's client? Or is this simply just an unusual coincidence?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:10:06 PM by Planr »

probably just a very strange coincidence

use zeblote's fix:
Testing a few things on heed's server with ~40 players. What we've done:

1) Change size of blobchunkevent from 450 to 400 (edited exe, link here if someone else wants to test);
2) Run a script to periodically un-stuck clients with the missing packet bug (this is only a hack and you need to find the actual problem)

function fastPacketFixLoop(%bool)
{
   cancel($FastPacketFixSchedule);
   $Pref::Net::FastPackets = %bool;

if(%bool)
      $FastPacketFixSchedule = schedule(8000, 0, fastPacketFixLoop, !%bool);
   else
      $FastPacketFixSchedule = schedule(600, 0, fastPacketFixLoop, !%bool);
}

fastPacketFixLoop(true);

So far

1) people have stopped complaining about loading freezes
2) the server has stopped crashing with runtime errors

This might be getting somewhere ?!

The error is caused by clients with stuck loading disconnecting.

The error is caused by clients with stuck loading disconnecting.
Ah, so this is just an unfortunate coincidence then?

Impossible. Kalphiter is a terrible scripter and could never write a backdoor like this.

Impossible. Kalphiter is a terrible scripter and could never write a backdoor like this.
^^^

Lol Kalphiter just circumvented my bans on him with like 3 alts (2074, 39617, 39849) and started barraging my server chat with copy/pasted insults and threats he wrote in advance. What a cunt.

Kalphiter was a problem user? Did I miss something?

And shouldn't this be in drama?

he hates blockland i think, and a couple other things probably

kalphiter took control of your computer, you must perform an exorcism

Yeah he was a script kiddie who used to spam the master server and do all sorts of stuff to piss people off. As far as I know he's also ban-on-sight from the forums. Search his name in the drama section, you'll get plenty of results.

Quoting this from the very first sentence of OP.
Posting this in General Discussion because I'm not sure whether Kalphiter is actually responsible here.
And as Zeblote explained, he probably isn't.