Vehicle Air Drop - v4

Author Topic: Vehicle Air Drop - v4  (Read 7947 times)

wait how do you remove the vehicles

Yeah how do you clear airdrop vehicles without clearing server vehicles?

Yeah how do you clear airdrop vehicles without clearing server vehicles?
resetting vehicles did the trick but when you have other vehicles, yeah that's a problem

could you include some kind of command to clear air drop vehicles, or just yours in particular? like, two commands, one for your own, and one that's admin only to clear all of them

Instead of having to input the vehicle name, you should make the vehicle wrench menu pop up and then you select the vehicle from the list.
I would have to parent the command for sending the vehicle events on the GUI. What exactly is the function for that?
Code: [Select]
function sendvehicle(%client%brick,%vehicle,%color)    ?
Also, i would need the vehicle menu name so i can pop it

resetting vehicles did the trick but when you have other vehicles, yeah that's a problem

could you include some kind of command to clear air drop vehicles, or just yours in particular? like, two commands, one for your own, and one that's admin only to clear all of them
clearing vehicle drops will be admin only. if you want to clear your own vehicle just destroy it.
also, will be adding a pref for admins to limit the mount of vehicle drops the player can have

I would have to parent the command for sending the vehicle events on the GUI. What exactly is the function for that?
Code: [Select]
function sendvehicle(%client%brick,%vehicle,%color)    ?
Also, i would need the vehicle menu name so i can pop it
Just trace wrenching a vehicle spawn and the server command that gets called when someone sends the wrench info for it.

Seriously Goth is becoming one of my favorite add-on producers. You should consider a mega-post of all your add-ons.
Would love to work on a game-mode with you if you could find the time to create a mod.

is it possible to swap out the f-14 model for a larger cargo plane, like maybe a quickly done model of a C-5 Galaxy or C-17 Globemaster?  obviously the model doesn't have to be detailed, as it's only going to appear for a moment.  an F-14 delivering a full-size vehicle is kinda silly.

found free models for each:
c-17: http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/c-17-globemaster-iii-55559.html
c-5: http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/us-galaxy-c5-41345.html
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:09:07 PM by blazerblock2 »

I have a problem with this addon - I can't clear the vehicles I spawned, I spawned in two jeeps and tried destroying them and using /clearvehicles but nothing seems to work.

itd be nice if you could only have one vehicle airdropped in at a time

your titan is prep for launch
call us when ready

yeah you can't destroy the vehicles with weapons either. a player should only be able to have one at a time, and /clearvehicles command should work on them as well as the command you're making

i think this addon is really cool other than these issues, it's a neat concept and useful in like, fortwars and stuff.

--v3 UPDATE--
-Beacon vehicles can be selected from the vehicle GUI
-Admin command to remove beacon vehicles
-Admin command to limit beacon vehicles per-player
-Fixed beacon remote abort animation
------------------

See OP for details

Beacon vehicles do not take damage and can't be remounted once you exit them.
This is a bug with the vehicle not belonging to the brick group in the mini-game.
I do not know how to fix this, since the beacon vehicle doesn't actually have a spawn brick
You could make a spawn brick for it.

You might want to use a custom invisible brick... and you'd need to put it somewhere where it wouldn't be in the way, like under the world.  I don't think the brick would plant properly under the world... but I don't know if it even needs to be planted properly to work for the beacon vehicle.
Sounds like alot of work.  :panda:

instead of invisible spawn, what about making an invisible brick in the sky that drops the vehicle, so you can set its brickgroup. parent the vehicle destroyed function to check for the vehicle being airdrop and have it kill the spawn brick on death.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:44:24 AM by Conan »

You can make a spawn below the ground plane and not fully plant it and have no problems.