[Server] ChatSystem v0.9.2 - Added "teamchat to global chat" and /setIdentity

Author Topic: [Server] ChatSystem v0.9.2 - Added "teamchat to global chat" and /setIdentity  (Read 8410 times)

Internet links are broken otherwise this mod is cool as forget. Too bad I can't use the radio for medieval servers lol.
Yon carrier pigeon.

Zeblote's update formatting is really good, so I shamelessly stole it for this update.

Version 0.9.1
•  Added whispering - prefix messages with . to whisper
•  Added descriptive "says"/"yells"/"whispers"
•  Added pref to allow using teamchat to radio chat
•  Fixed radio channel numbering bug

Use the automatic updater if you can, otherwise download again from the first page.
If the updater does not show an update, run this command: Updater.checkForUpdates();

•  Added pref to allow using teamchat to radio chat

I was getting annoyed at using the # lol

This is like the coolest actual functioning chat mod I've ever seen.

All others are garbage.

Any chance you could do what TF2 does with their medieval map and force medieval talk as a pref? lol

This is like the coolest actual functioning chat mod I've ever seen.

All others are garbage.

Any chance you could do what TF2 does with their medieval map and force medieval talk as a pref? lol
If given a medieval translator thing (i think there was one posted ages ago but i can't recall where or when) i can integrate it into a special copy.

Also regarding the radio not fitting into medieval: if you get someone to make a scroll you could potentially just replace the model with that and call it a scroll of sending

EDIT: Found it. I'll integrate it into the mod, and upload the edited mod as a separate file here.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:53:03 AM by Conan »

Yon carrier pigeon.

Is it possible to have a pigeon fly from one person to another? lol

If anyone recalls that airstrike mod that has a plane come out of nowhere, the pigeon could do that.

Last suggestion for now.

For question messages, if ? is detected, the message will say "PlayerName asks,".

is this Slayer compatible?

is this Slayer compatible?
Not with slayer teams, but with slayer, yes. There's no way to make it fully slayer-teams compatible unless i modify Slayer itself, due to how Slayer handles chatting.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:50:05 PM by TheBlackParrot »

The player will stand up in a vehicle when the radio item is equipped.

Can you correctly send out chat messages instead of using messageClient?
breaks client-sided chat mods.
kinda bothers me a bit
:(

EDIT: dunno if this is a bug or not either
its difficult to impossible since the identity mod depends on the ability to change the player name aka %cl.name which i cant - if you could give me a solution i would happily implement it

also yeah dead chat needs to also support not break global ill go fix that
The player will stand up in a vehicle when the radio item is equipped.
i think i know whats the issue - ill fix it in next update
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:59:11 PM by Conan »

package testPackage {
   function serverCmdMessageSent(%client, %msg) {
      %format = '\c7%1\c3I beg to differ but ok\c7%3\c6: %4';

commandToAll('chatMessage', %client, '', '', %format, %client.clanPrefix, "I beg to differ but ok", %client.clanSuffix, %msg);
   }
};
activatePackage(testPackage);

i do package/replace/use chatMessage and messagesent...? it might be that they just they never call the parent package because otherwise it wouldn't be (guaranteed) local chat, so your package never gets called or vice versa. that's the bug with the support for local Slayer teamchat/identity mod.

look at the mod code before judging me :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:38:07 PM by Conan »