Poll

Tools to be Added?

Hook-Gun
Portal Gun
Rocket Jumper
Gravity Gun
ShockWave
CUSTOM (Comment in the thread below and I will add it.

Author Topic: -Total Parkour interest thread?-  (Read 1253 times)

I've been wondering for an original idea for a server. I came with this just a few hours ago while playing with the new Hook-Gun mod.

Basic concept? Parkour race from start to finish, dodging any obstacles you may encounter.

Catches are as follows:

You cannot directly kill players. You could derail them in some way, but you should be more focused on winning.
You will be able to have multiple tools to get you through the course, and every course should be able to be completed with any tools given.
No vehicles.
Courses should have lots of traps and other obstacles.

Anyway, I made this topic solely for anyone who would either be interested in playing a game like this, or even helping create a gamemode like this.

So. /Discuss.

I was making something like this but internet problems served as a way to put the project out of commission. By all means, go ahead and make it. I'm sure many people would enjoy something like this and if you need me I'll chip in if you want.

I was making something like this but internet problems served as a way to put the project out of commission. By all means, go ahead and make it. I'm sure many people would enjoy something like this and if you need me I'll chip in if you want.

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for your input.

Currently, I am just looking for map makers ATM. Otherwise, I'll PM you if you are even vaguely interested in helping. 

Currently, I am just looking for map makers ATM. Otherwise, I'll PM you if you are even vaguely interested in helping. 
School has me busy, I'll notify you when I can help.

This seems like an interesting idea.

Would it be possible to make it so the player can do vaults and climb walls?

This seems like an interesting idea.

Would it be possible to make it so the player can do vaults and climb walls?

Maybe not vaults, since that would require coding knowledge, which I have absolutely zilch on the matter.
My concept on the matter doesn't just rely on playertypes, but on the tools used. So far, I have 3 tools I will be adding the new Hook-Gun, the Rocket Jumper, and the Portal Gun.

If you have any suggestions, let me know on here.

don't add the portal gun
it's a buggy mess honestly and a real pain to use

don't add the portal gun
it's a buggy mess honestly and a real pain to use

Code-wise?
It's seems easy, from my experience. Although the portals can be a bit bigger visual-wise.

shockwave tho

Oh yeah. Forgot about that one. Good stuff.
Posting on the poll.

cool

im a grapple rope lover tho

I think the climbing pick and grapple rope would be nice, also I would love to see this.