Swatted.

Author Topic: Swatted.  (Read 73189 times)

My name is Anthonyrules144 on Blockland.

So today. I was playing on a normal server, TheBlackParrot's Pictionary server, these two people popped up named Amy and Blockgirl. They started harrasing me with the words "you're a fatass" and "you should die". As usual I ignore these types of comments, about an hour later, I go to Boss Battles and see the same two people again and get harassed with the same stuff.

Now, these people may be trolls, but I'm being completly serious.

This harassing kept going on for about an hour, and finally my friend General Creed comes on and steps in to the fight between us. Up to this point I haven't really said anything to either of them, yet they keep going. Me and General Creed were extremely calm about the situation and had calm insults to them. (or say so forth)

Eventually about an hour later, Amy goes on a rant about revealing my personal information, which is also shown on my Facebook (and possibly twitter?). I don't really get mad about this except when she pulls the move "I know how to find you" "I know where you live", ect ect.

About 30 minutes after all this it comes down to one single thing. I was playing Boss Battles still having fun, suddenly my grandpa walks in my room and tells me "the police are at the door and say that 'I shot someone' and need to come out now". I go out of my room to find 4 police officers staring me dead in the face. I go outside and I have to stand in the cold for about 5-10 minutes while they look through my house.

These people online should not be able to do this to someone.

I go back in to be questioned about multiple things such as my name, how they got here, how this all started, ect ect. (I was super nervous, trust me)
There were like 4 cop cars just around my street blocking off traffic.
I answer all the questions and they leave as if they have everything they need.
After they leave, my Blockland got shut down due to one of the police officer's mistakes so I couldn't get any pictures myself:

But; Pictures. I've uploaded a selection of photos given to me by General Creed and they show that these people are not joking
These photos may be out of order, as I just uploaded them by drag-and-drop.
http://imgur.com/a/QZpep

This seems to be all that I have for this topic, I really want to know your guys opinions on this. My personal info is out there and this could happen again, I know.

Can you provide the BLID of those two? They can be useful.

/support
swatters are cancer but there isn't much of a way to deal with them sadly. once they have your info you're at their liberty until the police finally crack down on fake swat calls or you find them and deal with them yourself. the best thing you can do is keep important information like that off the internet and private. social media is an easy place for them to grab info. might be a good idea to change any passwords you have and get a proxy if these people happen to be looking through more than just facebook profiles.

One of the pictures has a playerlist of the two & their BL_ID's

/Support
    Anyone whos does stuff like that and have proof of doing so should be banned.

One of the pictures has a playerlist of the two & their BL_ID's

I don't even, I- wh- how, just how

/BIGsupport

Given how trigger happy police are this is incredibly dangerous. If you were so much as holding a game controller that would have mistaken it as a gun and open fired on you.

Also anyone who is stupid enough to try this stuff the maximum sentence is 25 years to life.

Perma'd both. IDs are (Amy)6431 and (Blockgirl)48713. Screenshots are accurate and do not leave anything important out. My sincerest apologies for this happening to you, although I know that won't help the scare.

I just want to point out that swatting is a crime and their keys should be revoked.  Im just hoping that raidforums hasn't discovered blockland yet, if they did thats probably where they came from.

Amy has been around for a while. Didn't expect him to do this.

I just want to point out that swatting is a crime and their keys should be revoked.  Im just hoping that raidforums hasn't discovered blockland yet, if they did thats probably where they came from.
what

Jesus christ, I did not expect that to happen.

holy forget. not only this is incredibly dangerous, but incredibly stupid. why would anyone in the right mind to this? this is a waste of any police officer's time.
/giantlovingsupport