Author Topic: Random Event  (Read 777 times)

Ok, so I am trying to make the player spawn at a random brick when he clicks the brick. So I have done OnActivate> NAMED BRICK> SPAWN1> SetPlayerTransform> Relative
and so forth, like SPAWN2 SPAWN3. But it always chooses the last event. I disabled the last one, and it chose the second to last one. If I didn't do a good job of explaining the problem, I can explain it differently. I will try anything.

that eventing thing just means that the game first teleports the player to SPAWN1 then SPAWN2 then SPAWN3, which is why it 'seems' like it only teleports the player to the last event

hmm...

try naming all of them SPAWN1 and setting the SetTransform to SPAWN1

hmm...

try naming all of them SPAWN1 and setting the SetTransform to SPAWN1
That'll teleport the player to the brick that was last named spawn1

That'll teleport the player to the brick that was last named spawn1
then i do not know the solution

you'll probably need some kind of randomization

you may need to change this up depending on how many spawn bricks you have, but this is one way to do it

create a 4x4 grid of 1x1 bricks, on each one put the event onprojectilehit>namedbrick[spawnX]>setplayertransform[relative]
put a 4x4 brick above the 1x1 bricks, and name it teleportplayer
on the button that the players currently click, put onactivate>namedbrick[teleportplayer]>spawnprojectile[0][0][-5][radiowave][0][0][0]

if done correctly, the player should click the button, somewhere else out of the map it should shoot a projectile down, hit a brick, and teleport the player
the brick hit should be random

Easily achievable with VCE.

Easily achievable with VCE.

given how the OP has no clue why his thing isn't randomizing i doubt the events you posted is "easy" to him

would be easier to build something out of bricks and show it to him

I made an addon that does exactly what you need.
Instead of teleporting to the first brick with a certain name, it takes a random brick from the list of bricks with the same name and teleports to there.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h5nhb4ofj2x4812/Event_RandomTransform.zip

So just give all the bricks you want the players to spawn on the same name and use setRandomTransform.

given how the OP has no clue why his thing isn't randomizing i doubt the events you posted is "easy" to him
would be easier to build something out of bricks and show it to him
That is the whole point of posting the screen shot, to show him how the events work.
Maybe he will be able to figure out more event methods this way, by trying to understand how it works.

I made an addon that does exactly what you need.
Very nice