Endless Brick Scrolling

Author Topic: Endless Brick Scrolling  (Read 5331 times)

Endless Brick Scrolling

A client add-on that allows you scroll through all available bricks straight from the brick bar by holding down a key and scrolling with your mouse wheel. Additionally the add-on may be configured to only loop within the current brick subcategory or tab but by default, as the name suggests, the looping will go through all bricks in the order they are seen in the brick selector. Naturally the very last brick in the brick selector will loop back to the very first brick in the selector leading to a truly endless loop.

This add-on is a modified version of tommybricksetti's Brick Scrolling which was probably inspired by dUMBELLS's Brick Quick Scroll. Endless Brick Scrolling includes all of the functionality of Brick Scrolling and Brick Quick Scroll.

Preview

Scrolling bricks through Bricks tab subcategories 5x Height and Prints over to Plates tab 1x subcategory.

Features

Usage

Hold down the hotkey you assigned to Endless Brick Scrolling and scroll the mouse wheel.

Download

2.88 KiB | Version 1.0.0 | Last Updated: 2016-02-15
http://mirror.dataorb.net/blockland/addons/Client_EndlessBrickScrolling.zip

Optional: http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/Support_Updater.zip

Developers

Brick Scrolling script by Hata (483) & Chrono (1630). Modified by Demian (10334).

Installation

• Download the file.
  • Place it in your add-ons folder.
  • Open the options menu and configure the hotkey under: Controls > Building > Endless Brick Scrolling

Upgrading from Brick Scrolling

• Follow normal installation procedure.
  • Delete or rename Client_BrickScrolling.zip in your add-ons folder.
  • You will be able to use the same hotkey for Endless Brick Scrolling.

Upgrading from Brick Quick Scroll

• Follow normal installation procedure.
  • Delete or rename Client_BrickScroll.zip in your add-ons folder.
  • In the file config\client\config.cs find the following line:
Code: [Select]
moveMap.bind(<keyboard/mouse0>, "<your hotkey is here>", setBrickScrollActive);
  • Change setBrickScrollActive to ScrollBrickModifier.
  • Save the file and you will now be able to use the same hotkey for Endless Brick Scrolling.

Uninstallation

• Remove Client_EndlessBrickScrolling.zip from your add-ons folder.
  • In the file config\client\config.cs find the following line:
moveMap.bind(<keyboard/mouse0>, "<your hotkey is here>", ScrollBrickModifier);
  • Delete the line and save the file to allow the hotkey to be rebound.

Configuration

By default the add-on is configured to scroll through all available bricks. If you would like to change this functionality modify the following lines in config\client\prefs.cs. Or if you have not yet run the game after installing the add-on, simply add these lines in at the bottom.
$Pref::EBS::AcrossSubcategories = 1;
$Pref::EBS::AcrossTabs = 1;

• Set $Pref::EBS::AcrossSubcategories to 0 to loop within the same brick subcategory as the current brick is in. (This is how both Brick Quick Scroll and Brick Scrolling work.)
  • Set $Pref::EBS::AcrossTabs to 0 to loop within the same brick tab as the current brick is in.
  • Setting $Pref::EBS::AcrossSubcategories to 0 and $Pref::EBS::AcrossTabs to 1 is equal to setting just $Pref::EBS::AcrossSubcategories to 0 as it would make no sense to loop across tabs but not subcategories.

Known Incompatibilities

tommybricksetti's Brick Scrolling
Brick Scrolling functionality is overwritten on purpose as this add-on is meant to be an upgrade for it. Endless Brick Scrolling can be configured to work exactly like Brick Scrolling. (See Configuration above.)

dUMBELLS's Brick Quick Scroll
Both add-ons perform similar functions and probably overwrite parts of each other. This add-on has been crippled by some update months/years ago and it no longer works as intended.

Nexus' Too Many Bricks Inventory
It overwrites default brick inventory things and also performs similar functions.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:05:15 AM by Demian »

makes big builds much easier, its amazing  :cookieMonster:

"This type of video file is not supported"
WebM.... Can you mirror it on youtube or give a .avi?

This is great but I would have to choose wether I want to use Too Many Bricks inventory or this.

this mod should be default

"This type of video file is not supported"
WebM.... Can you mirror it on youtube or give a .avi?

This is great but I would have to choose wether I want to use Too Many Bricks inventory or this.
Update your browser.

Apparently Too Many Bricks breaks some building functionality?

Update your browser.

Microsoft Edge is a new Browser, is it that much of a pain to mirror a .avi or .mp4?

you're using what's basically internet explorer 12

it's better but it's certainly not as good as other browsers

Microsoft Edge is a new Browser, is it that much of a pain to mirror a .avi or .mp4?
id really hate to say this but if edge was a "new" browser it would support WebM

I assumed this was something like what I requested with moving terrain that moved past then moved back, and it looped every so often (like a train driving in an infinite tunnel, and when a part of the tunnel gets too far away it goes to the front so it just keeps going past it again and again.) ehma dummi.
:(

Update your browser.

Well, the newest version of TMBI optionally includes a fixed version of tommybricksetti's mod.

Edit: the reason tommybricksetti's old version and by extension yours doesn't work with TMBI is because it looks at the position of HUD elements (which are replaced by TMBI) to figure out what inventory slot is being used.

%slot = getWord(HUD_BrickActive.position,0) / 64;
However, the better way to do it would be:

%slot = $currScrollBrickSlot;
which is a default variable
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:23:07 PM by Nexus »

you're using what's basically internet explorer 12

it's better but it's certainly not as good as other browsers
Just because it has a similar icon does not mean eats IE12,  Edge was built from the ground up and uses its own new rendering engine, look I don't want to go further than this, can somebody please just mirror the video.

I do not want to install another browser just to see a single webm.

Just because it has a similar icon does not mean eats IE12,  Edge was built from the ground up and uses its own new rendering engine, look I don't want to go further than this, can somebody please just mirror the video.

Actually, from what I understand webm is one of the only three standard video formats for the internet.  The other two are mp4 and ogg.  If you cannot view webm videos in your browser then that is a pretty big issue.

Looking it up, webm should be supported for IE9+

Does it work if it's hosted on Dropbox?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uaxk6qxfix6iz10/endless_brick_scrolling.webm?dl=0