Author Topic: NSA data will now soon be willingly shared with other policing agencies  (Read 691 times)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2016/03/10/surprise-nsa-data-will-soon-routinely-be-used-for-domestic-policing-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-terrorism/

It's been happening for years already, but it's now being declared more officially that data which the NSA gathers 'for the purpose of reducing terrorism' will now soon be legally admissible in domestic policing.

Quote from: Article
It’s all another sobering reminder that any powers we grant to the federal government for the purpose of national security will inevitably be used just about everywhere else. And extraordinary powers we grant government in wartime rarely go away once the war is over. And, of course, the nifty thing for government agencies about a “war on terrorism” is that it’s a war that will never formally end.

I think this officially debunks a number of common arguments against privacy advocacy (Such as 'You are fine if you are not a terrorist', you will soon be able to be charged with crimes by local police using NSA data). Have at it.

misread as NASA

anyways this is loving dumb and please don't arrest me

quick, fill your computers with really forgeted up stuff (make sure it's legal) so they stop monitoring it

I have pictures of hand grenades in my obama folder, come at me nasa forgets

can we just disband the nsa and arrest all the higher-ups already?

guess my rare collection of midget clown research from the 80's has been leaked.

the hubble telescope is actually used on us, not the stars

jk the earth is flat but anyway forget you nasa youll never get my kidneys